The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
msgtcody

Hurricanes Trade Paradis for Tlusty

Brindy meet your replacement... LOL... Trade for future talent with future talent is like buying a bottle of wine. Could be vinegar for all we know.

Yes, and ironically, Mo was widely credited by Toronto fans with stunting his development by doing what he was doing to Sutter (4th line minutes).

Anyone know if Tlusty was drafted when Mo was the Leaf coach? 

haha crazyness, I never thought I'd see this guy in our organization.  I think it was a good move because I too think that Pardis was pretty suspect and was not happy we took him first last season. 

On a wicked side note, there are some questionable photos of Tlusty circulating on the internet.  I know it's safe to talk about because I saw it on Yahoo's Puck Daddy Blog.  Of course they had it slightly censored.  Search with care

Well, WOW.  I guess with those kind of hands, perhaps we can forgive him for his "transgressions"?   Personally, I like this trade, despite the bad press with his photo flop.  Heck, I thought we shoulda went after Avery last year once Dallas sent him on his way.  I know the Canes want to keep things "family friendly", but hockey has always had some unique personalities around.  Those types of players typically sell more tickets. 

[quote name='karpa-ch1 wrote:

Yes, and ironically, Mo was widely credited by Toronto fans with stunting his development by doing what he was doing to Sutter (4th line minutes).

MarkyMarkNC']Anyone know if Tlusty was drafted when Mo was the Leaf coach? 

It was Lavi that played Sutter on the 4th line, pretty much a week after Mo was appointed coach, Sutter was sent down to Albany.  Remember Sutter played in the first half of last season in the NHL on our 4th line....when Lavi was coaching.

notice 3 of the 4 goals (versus a goalie) were from getting a setup from his teammates, hope he can do it all himself when it gets here lol

[quote name='fpsndiver wrote:

karpa-ch1 wrote:

MarkyMarkNC']Anyone know if Tlusty was drafted when Mo was the Leaf coach? 

It was Lavi that played Sutter on the 4th line, pretty much a week after Mo was appointed coach, Sutter was sent down to Albany.  Remember Sutter played in the first half of last season in the NHL on our 4th line....when Lavi was coaching.

The only reason Sutter was up here is I believe he didn't meet the age requirement at the time for the AHL? or some requirement... We also weren't doing bad and Sutter wasn't ready or better then anyone in front of him. So the second he could be sent to the AHL he was.

[quote name='legend-1 wrote:

fpsndiver wrote:

karpa-ch1']Yes, and ironically, Mo was widely credited by Toronto fans with stunting his development by doing what he was doing to Sutter (4th line minutes).

The only reason Sutter was up here is I believe he didn't meet the age requirement at the time for the AHL? or some requirement... We also weren't doing bad and Sutter wasn't ready or better then anyone in front of him. So the second he could be sent to the AHL he was.

I agree, it was either play him or send him to juniors and juniors would have been a wasted year on him.  By the time he was sent to Albany he had just turned 20 making him eligible to stay where he was able to get 15-20mins a game.  Had nothing to do with Lavi or Mo but his age.

notice 3 of the 4 goals (versus a goalie) were from getting a setup from his teammates, hope he can do it all himself when it gets here lol

True, but he also seemed to find his way to an open spot in front of the net, then, and here's the key, actually score the goal. If he can just repeat this 5 goal performance every night, we'll go .500 from here on out.

haha crazyness, I never thought I'd see this guy in our organization.  I think it was a good move because I too think that Pardis was pretty suspect and was not happy we took him first last season. 

On a wicked side note, there are some questionable photos of Tlusty circulating on the internet.  I know it's safe to talk about because I saw it on Yahoo's Puck Daddy Blog.  Of course they had it slightly censored.  Search with care

You know I had forgotten that Tlusty was that guy. That was a huge controversy involving personal questions beyond just a nude photo. One wonders what role that had in this whole thing. Talk about a guy who might benefit from a change in scenery. May be a classic JR move to pick up skill from the land of misfit toys.

I have no opinion about this trade, not very familiar with either player. I would not mind seeing a "fire sale" however. Trade anybody we can for draft picks and bring up some prospects from Albany. We surely cannot sink any further in the standings and might see some more enthusiastic play on the ice. That being said, I will be at the Vancouver game with Brind'mour jersey cheering enthusiastically for the Canes. A decent performance would make the cheering less painful, however.

Let the trading games begin! Good first move by JR - This guy will be ready to go next fall where paridis will need a couple of years. JR can't do much else right now, he's got to wait until January to trade whitney and cullen for some talent/draft picks. I'm guessing it will be young talent. The contending teams want Carolina to eat more salary right now and pick them up in January/February. At least it's started and no....after the run last year who would have thought we're looking at the Canes having 15 points. Who could have possibly predicted that at the beginning of the season? Wow....can imagine JR and STH's surprise. Oh well...next fall I know you won't see Cole, Whitney, Cullen, definitely Brindamour(hopefully a respectful negotiated way out), Walker, Stephen Yelle, Aaron Ward, Wallin and possibly Samsonov. Jr is going about it the right way and it is way time to do it. This is going to be interesting to watch who goes and what JR can get for them....Start letting them gel in Albany but bring them up in March and let the fans get a feel for what's to come....I'd pay money to see young kids trying to make it and lose.......rather than watch a bunch of old, tired, no skill players putsy around the ice and "Hope" for a goal. Also a note for Mr. Staal - Somebody needs to call him out NOW and light a fire under his ##%#. If JR want's to make this guy a captain he better start showing some leadership......and maybe show some skills......

I would've rather kept Paradis. While he may not be a PPG player in QMJHL, we have enough players on the verge of breaking into the league next year. Now we add another one, who could possibly take a chance from a player who has been with the organization longer.

We have prospects like Boychuk, Bowman, Samson, Dwyer, and now Tlusty. D-Men like Borer, Carson, Rodney, Harrison and possibly McBain (is he playing in the AHL this year?).

One thing I hope is considering we have many players contracts expire this year, we have a miniature overhaul, where most of these players depart and we rebuild from within with our prospects. I can't wait for a Sutter, Boychuk, Bowman line down the road. :D