The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ericncsu

Everblades vs Checkers 12-26

I would keep an eye on Harrison Reed and Matthiew Pistilli (just sent down today). Benn Olson has been in Albany most of the season as well. I think they sent both he and Reed down for playing time (too many d-men in Albany) not because they can't play the AHL. I'm mostly out of touch with the Blades this season so I don't know too much about who's playing there except the Rats we've sent down.

When I was looking through the roster, Reed was the only one with the "Red Jersey" Cane's headshot, the rest were wearing the dark green jerseys, which I assume is the Blades home sweater. I didn't see anyone else's Bio who had played for Albany or been drafted by the Canes.

Charlotte is affliated with both the Avs and the Rangers.

Then the question becomes, do you root for the local team (Charlotte) or the Canes team (Florida)... probably cheer for both and just hope for a good game. I'm not sure if I will wear my Canes jersey, or my Team USA jersey.. that night is a "wear blue" promotion for the Checkers, so I may wear my dark blue USA jersey.