The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sandpiper214

Photos

Great pictures sandpiper.

The closeups of Peter's helmet are sweet.  That is a mean helmet...reminds me a lot of Curtis Joseph's.

You have any of Murph's?  If not, can you try and get some?  I'm curious what kind of theme he has on there.

I pinned this thread so you can use it to keep all your Rats photos in one place.  Feel free to keep adding new pictures, we appreciate being able to see whats happening in Albany. 

Thanks for posting :smile.gif

Murphy's got a brand new helmet. I like it, but it's different. Check out episode 4 of Murphy's Mailbag to get a peek at it to tide you over until I can get some close ups. As for Petey's helmet, I particularly like the way it looks when he's in, what I call, his "focusing stance" 

4043272296_57aef8c9d8.jpg

Murphy's got a brand new helmet. I like it, but it's different. Check out episode 4 of Murphy's Mailbag to get a peek at it to tide you over until I can get some close ups. As for Petey's helmet, I particularly like the way it looks when he's in, what I call, his "focusing stance" 

4043272296_57aef8c9d8.jpg

I usually try not to quote a picture, but that one is worth a second gander.  That is very, very nice.  Very cool helmet.

TSA you rock smile.gif  fpsndiver, glad you like it!

I'm happy to continue to post photos. Hopefully lifehas calmed down enough that you'll be getting them quicker. Tonight'sgame photos (and oh what a game) will be up shortly.

River Rats goalies rock smile.gif

4178248383_2e80bdd3b2_m.jpg  4180840376_0110fc8d58_m.jpg 

Friday: vs Hershey Bears                       Saturday: vs Providence Bruins

This weekends photos are posted. Note to fpsndiver: Got some nice shots of Murph's mask. I didn't realize until I was behind the net for the 3rd period that it's got this funky reflective quality to parts of it and picks up the colors around him in parts of his name and the Hurricane logo.

Um...WOW!!  I make a simple request and get mag quality closeups of Murph from every angle.  I envy your seats there piper, wow.  His helmet is really silvery, even the cage is chrome.  He must have something with silver.  He seems artsy fartsy with his helmets, like Wardo.  I like the CUJO/Peters schemes better, but it is definitely a unique mask.  Pretty wild.  Murph's style still looks to be non-traditional, but their SOGs looked like they were definitely throwing pucks his way. 

Their one goal, you even captured the dissapointment in Murph's eyes that it got through him!  Are you a photographer for a living? 

At any rate, I really enjoyed the pics, and might rip one (with your permission) to put as a background on my work computer.

Thanks a gazillion!

I take photo requests - within reason of course. I have been meaning to get down behind the net and get some close-ups of Murph like the ones I've gotten of Peters.  My seats are actually at the other end of the ice, but I try to  periodically go to the STH spot behind the Rats goal. I usually go down for the 3rd period, particularly if we're winning, so I can get the celebration and smiles.

I personally like Peters mask better. Murph's is nice work, it's just not my preference. I usually like the fun ones anyway. I am not a photographer for a living....yet smile.gif I do, however, have a goalie affliction that seems to help my photography.

oh and diver, check your PM regarding the photo/wallpaper

Reply sent via PM, thanks Piper.  I'm real glad you guys are having such a good season.  Has attendance picked up any since the playing is so good?

Photos from tonight's loss vs WBS Penguins are forthcoming. In the meantime enjoy this one:

4220508209_0fe8afcba1_m.jpg

Casey was on the ice for the autograph session tonight. I told him that the Canes fans are always happy to hear news of him and that I had to get a photo so you all could see him on the ice (sorta) and in uniform (kinda). He said he's happy to be in Albany and hopes to be playing soon. There will be more from the game and the Autograph session shortly.

happy.gif

The photos from the post-game autograph session are up. Some crazy chick with a camera made Justin Peters sign her jersey (yes that's me, I'm not in front of the camera often, if ever, so there ya go)

4221799597_5c5e5bc603_m.jpg   4222562658_82d219d48d_m.jpg

The album is HERE. I missed some players. I'll try to get them all next time smile.gif Game photos should be up shortly

The photos from the 12/30 game and from the Booster Club Holiday Party are up

12/30 vs Adirondack 

Holiday Party - The Booster Club had its Holiday Party on Sunday. This set contains the photos that I took there. I tried to get a good photo of each of the players receiving their gift. Some of them blinked. Some of them didn't smile (even though I've seen them do it before). Suffice to say in my effort to make sure everyone could see I had a bad angle. I know better for next time.

Somebody got a new Nikon D5000 camera. Insert ginormous smile ---> happy.gif <--- here

SO The photos from last weekend are up. Due to a family matter they're not tagged yet. Since I dont' know when that's going to happen I'll give you the links and if you want to know who anyone is, just ask. I've also decided to start putting the NHL team in parentheses after the visiting team for anyone that's interested.

Friday vs Manchester Monarchs (LA Kings)

Saturday vs Hartford Wolf Pack (NY Rangers)

Looks like the new camera is working quite well, nice shots.  What settings do you use?  I find the lighting in the rinks to be just awful and end up editing no matter what setting I used.  I'm always trying to do the whole "stop action" thing when I shoot my kids playing in their games but I'm not too good at it.  I'm not even sure a better camera would help my cause sad.gif

Looks like the new camera is working quite well, nice shots.  What settings do you use?  I find the lighting in the rinks to be just awful and end up editing no matter what setting I used.  I'm always trying to do the whole "stop action" thing when I shoot my kids playing in their games but I'm not too good at it.  I'm not even sure a better camera would help my cause sad.gif
I'm LOVING the new camera. In one of the shots  - that would have been noise-filled and not quite crisp with the old camera - I can count the stitches holding the number on Bowman's jersey. It's such a significant different. The problem is I've only had it since Thursday night and still am figuring out the settings. Friday night I was the "play with the settings, push the button, see what happens" girl

I have a horrible time with the white balance usually and I agree wholeheartedly that the lighting in the rinks is usually the biggest obstacle to getting good photos. I usually do a couple of things. The ISO on most of my photos is 1600 (with the new camera the ISO can go higher so some of Saturday's shots are ISO 2000). What type of camera are you using - and if it's easier to talk via pm let me know - does it have removable lenses or is it more a point and shoot? If you're able to adjust the ISO I would move it up. I usually use automatic white balance with center weighted metering and CF for the Auto focus. I dont' know if any of this helps. .

I have to say I think these are my favorite shots of the season so far:

4296316963_6f5abd08c2.jpg

4296309459_9dcae52b01.jpg

4297054736_e33f8d288c.jpg

I had hoped to be opposite the bench to catch him as his feet hit the ice, but I'm happy with this none the less. More game photos to come...

Wow, fantastic shots!  Its great to see Casey on the ice.  I hope this kid makes a full comeback and picks up where he left off before the bus accident.

1st game back for Casey Borer tonight. My only dislike is that it wasn't in Albany where the lighting/glass/conditions are better. There will be game photos from the weekend but, honestly, I won't have them up until sometime tomorrow night. Plus there will be photos from the Booster Club Bowl-a-thon with the players. For now, here's Casey:

4299692608_17b91e8e00.jpg

4299679220_eacf0bab4d.jpg

4298929877_a717e2bbfe.jpg

4299676644_b7d1c1a7e8.jpg

thanks! I think I'm finally getting used to the new camera and it's settings - though it still seems to lean towards the goalies, must be a quirk wink.gif. Now if we could start winning at home again I would be happy smile.gif I'm also working on a project for a submission to InGoalMag.com website regarding our goalies. When I finally have that together I'll post the link here. Saturday is the River Rats Ronald McDonald Jersey Auction so there will be photos from that as well as the game

I lied. Sorry. No photos of last night's Rats game and Jersey Auction.

I had to make a three hour drive....

4336262821_3c83a86e1b.jpg

I mean if they're going to give him his first NHL start this close to Albany, how could I miss it??

I know you all watched it online and on tv, but he did great. I saw nerves in him because I know how he behaves in Albany, but if you'd never seen him play before you'd never notice.

4337008674_ce93082ab3.jpg

The conversation behind me:

guy1: "you know I hate to admit it, but this Peters kid is a pretty good goalie"

guy 2: "I know, I've never seen a goalie catch so many pucks before"

guy 1: "I'm impressed"

I kid you not, actual conversation behind me

4337011870_37cce907a3.jpg

my only regret is that I didn't know about it enough in advance that i could get clearance to use my good camera.

The photos I did get are HERE

4338296821_2fbd07eb14_m.jpg

34 saves on 35 shots. 1st star of the game. Not bad for a Rat from Albany smile.gif

I'll see if I can find a friend with photos from last night's game. The outfits are....something.

822ef85db2e1d31f2e82cbbcfaa4e637.300.jpg

The Booster Club had laser tag with the Rats last night. Photos are up. There might even be more photos, I haven't had a chance to take a 2nd look through. I should warn you, since they're going to be closer to you, that you're getting a bunch of hams.

4341966313_78b30d27c7_m.jpg  4342763842_438a7212cd_m.jpg 4342702198_9d683a5412_m.jpg