The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sandpiper214

Photos

I had the opportunity to shoot Justin Peters and Mike Morrison's masks yesterday (thanks to all involved). Photo links are posted below. I will, hopefully, be getting to shoot Mike Murphy's mask at some point as well as Justin Peters new mask that, from what I've been told, is due in soon.

enjoy!

4385733576_a01c347788_m.jpg  Justin Peters Helmet Photos

4385022983_932190a5a3_m.jpg  Mike Morrison Helmet Photos

Pictures from Checkers vs Peoria 10-16-11 Game and Post Game Skate.

Checkers vs Peoria 10-16-11

The pictures are some what out of order. My camera crashed halfway through the game, so it started renumbering them. So 004 through the autographs is the end of the game and 030-042 is the beginning of the game. I can't figure out how to rearrange them since Flickr only gives set options like arrange by date uploaded I can't just click and drag them.

It was, so far I've been to two 3:00 sunday afternoon games and they are sparcely populated. Which is weird because the front lobby/ticket booth area will be mobbed, but once they scatter around the stadium it is not nearly as many people as it seems like.

There are obviously hockey fans in Charlotte, I saw all kinds of different jerseys, Calgary, Detroit, European league with all the ads, other minor teams, even some people with Peoria tshirts on, but it doesn't seem they draw a big crowd. I know they have had one or two games of "near capacity" around 13K, but I think they average 6-7K and that afternoon more like 3K. Hopefully it will improve as the season progresses, the Charlotte team is really stacked and I predict a deep playoff run. Our point total from last year that was 4th or 5th in the East would have been 2nd in the West, so we should be able to compete in our new conference as long as the guys don't die from 3 day bus rides.

Wow.. theAHL.com list Charlotte's attendance at 4900 for last night, which was a friday night. 16,300 in 3 games. 5400 average per game, but I bet almost 10K of that was opening night. 2-3K for the sunday game and then just shy of 5K last night.

Wait until January and February roll around and attendance will shoot up. It always does, even when the team was playing at what is now known as Bojangles Coliseum.

I set the picture of Sutter coming out of the tunnel as my desktop background. That camera does not do well in the dark, so I'm surprised it turned out. The pic of Chubby on the ice and the one of Justin Peters didn't turn out.

I didn't take as many pictures at this game as I did games past, but here's a few pictures I took from the 1-15-12 Checkers game. (Also, I've been to a game between this one and the Teddy toss one (Dec 15th) but didn't take my camera to that game)

Checkers vs Grand Rapids 1-15-12

This game had a huge crowd (several promotions that gave away free tickets, which is how I got mine). Lots of people stayed for the post game skate. Got autographs from all 20 guys on the ice that night, including newcomers John Muse, Scott Dolan, Matt Beca and Jared Staal(not a newcomer, but was riding the press box last autograph session).

Checkers win 4-2 which is always nice (and because we were rushing down to the tunnel expecting a huge crowd for the autographs I didn't get the "dogpile on Murphy" photo for after the win).

Edited by ericncsu

To give you an idea, my brother said he walked out onto the ice in sneakers to go get a John Muse autograph and said it wasn't slippery at all because it was so chopped up. More like walking in snow than on ice.

Different angle for those pictures since I was on the other side of the "Checkers shoot twice" side.. Section 116 (right of the goalie) as opposed to my brothers season ticket seats in 102 (left of the goalie). Same side, opposite corner.