The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
turbocotter

STH party details?

Yes- auto's 

Yes possible for Francis and Barasso-

There is a set group for auto's. 1 item per.  It won't be everyone.

As always getting Staal.Wardo is a challenge.

Bring your camera for the picture session (Duh).  No auto's allowed for that.

Don;t miss the storm squad with the Zambonie since your wife will enjoy the ones with the guys.

The players/coaches will be set up at various tables throughought the RBC Center.  Last year, we were given a piece of paper that listed which player was at what table.  Most people bring things for signature, and the such, so bring what you want.  Make sure you have something to keep most of the stuff in.  Pens or sharpies the guys will have, but if you want something signed with a certain type of pen, I would bring it.  I find that a silver paint marker works better on black hats than a silver sharpie.  The paint marker doesn't fade.

You will also be given tickets or vouchers for food, so eat up too.

Yes- auto's 

Yes possible for Francis and Barasso-

There is a set group for auto's. 1 item per.  It won't be everyone.

As always getting Staal.Wardo is a challenge.

Bring your camera for the picture session (Duh).  No auto's allowed for that.

Don;t miss the storm squad with the Zambonie since your wife will enjoy the ones with the guys.

Are you referring to Skate with the Canes or the Season Ticket Holder Party?  I don't ever remember a picture session at the STH party.

Your best chances for getting the most autos is to get there early so you can be at the front of a line.  If you are lucky and things so smoothly, you can get the autos from the first table and then get in other lines.  The players are only there for a set amount of time for the autos but some have a history of being gracious (Eric Cole comes to mind) and stay longer than they have to.  I do recall the rule of one item per player and that depends on who is monitoring the tables.  Sometime there is an over zealous usher that keeps a sharp eye our for rule breakers!  If you are targeting Francis and Barasso they will most likely not be together as usually they only put 1 coach at each table so you will need to get in more than one line. 

I think they allow you to take pictures of the players while they are signing (someone confirm) but no - you can't jump across the table and get in the picture with them.  The goal is generally to move the line as quickly as possible to allow all the fans who want autos to get them.  The lines can get long.

Actually they don't allow pictures.  You can take pictures of the players while you are waiting in line, but no pictures with players.  They have so many people attending that taking photos with the players takes up too much time.  You're going to feel pretty rushed anyway.  LOL  I was spelling my name for Joni so he could personalize my authentic jersey, and they were trying to rush me through that.  One autograph per player kinda stinks, but I understand why.  Trying to let everyone get an autograph. 

Unless they change it for this year, the past years I've gone, pictures with players were not allowed. 

If it's anything like Skate With The Canes, you *might* be able to squeeze in a quick photo. Last year at SWTC, we got one with my wife and Brindy during the auto session, he was sitting on the end of the table and the line was backed up a bit, so we went for it. We also got one - which is one of my favorites - with my son and Brandon Sutter by being toward the end of the group and just sort of hanging around until they got up. I could have gotten a similar one with Brindy or Seids but my wife chose that moment to disappear with the camera. rolleyes.gif

There are many more STH than there are folks at SWTC though, so it may be a different setup. It was very much a spur of the moment sort of thing. I wouldn't push it, but if it feels right....