The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
JLP

Cole, LaRose out multiple weeks

To bad. Cole appeared to be finding his game. .  I guess planned or forced  by injury its time to let the auditions begin.

Trade Cole, he gets injured for playing hard and only scores 20 or so goals a season

(sarcasm alert, he's my favorite player)

Rage was building as I read your post, then I scrolled down and let out a deep breath. I seriously hope people don't start this whole Cole gets injured too much thing. He's my all time favorite NHL player. :D

EDIT: And I never saw either player get injured in the game on wednesday, did anyone see it, when it happened and how bad it looked? 

EDIT EDIT: And who injured Cole? I need to know so I can hate them for the rest of the year along with Wideman. 

According to John, Rosie has been playing through a painful injury for some time. No idea what's up with Cole. They'll miss his much improved play since Mo chewed him out and let him have it.

[quote name='SuckaPunchd wrote:

Appstatecanesfan']Trade Cole, he gets injured for playing hard and only scores 20 or so goals a season

Rage was building as I read your post, then I scrolled down and let out a deep breath. I seriously hope people don't start this whole Cole gets injured too much thing. He's my all time favorite NHL player. :D

EDIT: And I never saw either player get injured in the game on wednesday, did anyone see it, when it happened and how bad it looked? 

EDIT EDIT: And who injured Cole? I need to know so I can hate them for the rest of the year along with Wideman. 

haha then it had the desired effect

I was kind confused by this as well, I don't remember him going out of the game the other night, but maybe I missed it.  I think Cole's really been pulling his weight this season and looks great, even after having a broken leg at the first of the season.  I hope we can get him back soon, he's a machine.

According to John, Rosie has been playing through a painful injury for some time. No idea what's up with Cole. They'll miss his much improved play since Mo chewed him out and let him have it.
Forslund?  What did Maurice say to Cole and more importantly (to make some here happy), did Cole reply that "Mo Must Go?" grin.gif

Appstatecanesfan']Trade Cole, he gets injured for playing hard and only scores 20 or so goals a season

EDIT EDIT: And who injured Cole? I need to know so I can hate them for the rest of the year along with Wideman. AppState...You had me going for a minute. Don't do that!

SP ...I didn't see  Cole get hurt either but with his previous injuries  he is always at risk.      LaRose has been said to have been playing through an injury.  But I will admit I'm a little suspicious and would like to know what the injuries are.  Three to four weeks is a significant injury. I don't expect to find out but I am curious.

[quote name='TSA wrote:

krad']According to John, Rosie has been playing through a painful injury for some time. No idea what's up with Cole. They'll miss his much improved play since Mo chewed him out and let him have it.

Forslund?  What did Maurice say to Cole and more importantly (to make some here happy), did Cole reply that "Mo Must Go?" grin.gif

You didn't hear that Mo had a fall-out with Cole to get him playing again?

[quote name='krad wrote:

TSA wrote:

krad']According to John, Rosie has been playing through a painful injury for some time. No idea what's up with Cole. They'll miss his much improved play since Mo chewed him out and let him have it.

Forslund?  What did Maurice say to Cole and more importantly (to make some here happy), did Cole reply that "Mo Must Go?"
grin.gif

Nope, please continue.....I'm listening.  How about a link?  Where did you find that info?

[quote name='TSA wrote:

krad wrote:

TSA']Forslund?  What did Maurice say to Cole and more importantly (to make some here happy), did Cole reply that "Mo Must Go?"
grin.gif

Nope, please continue.....I'm listening.  How about a link?

Supposedly wasn't very pretty

[quote name='krad wrote:

TSA wrote:

Forslund?  What did Maurice say to Cole and more importantly (to make some here happy), did Cole reply that "Mo Must Go?"
grin.gif

I actually haven't heard about this either, does any one know any details about it?  Someone needs to chew Mo out for having an outdated system of NHL hockey.

[quote name='krad wrote:

TSA wrote:

krad']

Ok, I give up.   Where did that come from?

Our website could do a much better job at updating the depth charts and injury report as these things happen.  As it stands it's almost useless looking at them because they are not updated until days after changes are made.  This always aggravates me. angry.gif

[quote name='krad wrote:

TSA wrote:

krad']

I'm all ears on this one.  Very curious...  Anybody have specifics??

[quote name='krad wrote:

TSA wrote:

grin.gif

Eklund, is that you?  laugh.gif

You got me too, Appstate happy.gif  My eyes were already rolling.  Cole has been my favorite player for many many years and I'm so happy to see him finding his game.  Nobody was happier than me when he scored with 1.9 secs left last month and when he got his hat last trick.  Too bad about the mysterious injury.

SUSPICIOUS is the word I would use.. 3-4 weeks is a long time.. Sounds like we are being EXTRA cautious with these players.. Of course, with players being out for so long, our chances of winning are slimmer..    Taylor Hall.               What!? huh!? Who said that?!

Yep it figures, Cole is finally starting to come around after the broken leg and now he is out again. He needs to go buy stock in some pain relieving company because down the road he is going to have alot of aches and pains due to his style of play.

As far as LaRose I too have heard that he has been playing hurt, but he himself should have taken himself out or one of the trainers/coaches because he has been more of a liablity than anything  this year. I know these guys feel thay can tough it out but, it's been quite obvious that Chad is not playing anywhere near as good as he did last year. So sitting out and getting health will be a good thing for both these guys. Plus now we get to see some of our younger guys and hopefully thay can add some spark to the 3rd or 4th lines.Maybe if they get put with Sutter they will still have some of the Rats chemistry and bring us a really good energy line.

LaRose has been hurt since mid to late October...he's been obviously testing his knee/leg in every warmup since about the Pens home game. I thought he was skating better after missing the game last week, but must have tweaked it. Had no clue about Cole being hurt.

At this point, I'd rather be cautious with players. No sense in doing any long term damage with the state of the season.

SUSPICIOUS is the word I would use.. 3-4 weeks is a long time.. Sounds like we are being EXTRA cautious with these players.. Of course, with players being out for so long, our chances of winning are slimmer..    Taylor Hall.               What!? huh!? Who said that?!
My theory?  JR did the math (and came to acceptance) and realizes the chance of making the playoffs is so low, why risk a hard injury?  These guys were playing with something on the hope that the season could be saved.

Now that it can't, get them healthy.  They are both recently signed to multi-year contracts.  If not traded, the Canes need the healthy if anything.  No sense creating a skating brick through serious injury on top of injury like Brindy.

Meanwhile, the fans get a look at Tlusty.  Should be fun.

This injury situation is getting ridiculous, and not just this year.  I would ask someone to provide me with a complete list of our recent injuries, player by player, in spreadsheet form, but my computer only has 6 gigabytes of RAM and 284 gigs of disk space left; it'd probably lock up.