The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canesgo1

Chad Larose...thoughts?

It could be his conditioning regiment, it could be a let down after  achieving a nice salary , it could be worry that he could be part of a trade from a team he has worked so hard to be part of or it could simply be that he is hurt. IMO, I think we  should wait and see  how he plays after he is healed.  LaRose is the type of player you pull for and would rather have skating with you then against you

[quote name='caniac-97 wrote:

caniackellichesnut']Come on people, I've heard just about enough...Chad LaRose is great.  Granted I don't have the luxury of going to more than one game a year, so maybe that's the difference maker here.  I have to commute to Raleigh from N. Idaho-  I have Center Ice and watch every game there.. But you guys sound silly dissing LaRose--he be small buy mighty!  I think he adds so much to the Canes when he is being his pesky self!  If you don't enjoy watching LaRose play, maybe you should stop watching.  It's a rough enough season without this--he is a hard working ball buster.. our season is gonna improve, and when it does he'll be a major part of it.  My opinion...

1) We are entitled to our opinions no matter what they may be.

2) Chad is no longer the speedy pest we came to know and appreciate, whether or not it was the Brindy workouts, The Big Contract, or a nagging injury.  He isn't bringing it this season!

We're all certainly entitled to our opinions about the team, but I find it amazing how many people want to throw LaRose under the bus after he's had one bad half-season.  Sure, he may be a little overpaid, but it's surprising that many forget the tenacity and heart that this guy has played with for pretty much every one of his NHL seasons.  To say that he is best suited for 4th line duty is fine, but he has often been slated for 4th line duty and played his way onto the 3rd line (or even higher when injury requires).  This is largely due to the consistently high effort level he shows on the ice.  I think he had a career year last year, and a certain amount of fall-off can be expected, but I don't think it's a stretch to expect this guy to routinely hit 10 goals while playing on the 4th and 3rd line.  That is very good production for a player that plays in the bottom half of a depth chart. 

His play this year has certainly been disappointing, but why can't we give this guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he was playing through an injury?  Not many players work their way up from the ECHL to the AHL and then make the NHL, period.  That requires a high level of commitment and tenacity.  Chad isn't just going to forget what it takes to be a good NHL player because he gets his first contract worth more than $1 million.