The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Dave Droshak: Carolina's Deals of the Decade

well as he looked for ONLY the "best deals" for that article, and even then some are questionable, i'd not give too much kudos to JR for it. Wsn't the "biggest deals".. was the "best" deals.. hopefully he now writes a "worst deals" article to balance it..

Droschak takes a look at Carolina’s top 10 best trades

I'm not sure I'd say the Williams/Markov trade was a good one for Carolina. Williams was never healthy here.

Yes, but Williams was a huge part of the team that won the Cup.  Delivering a championship is the bench mark of a good trade regardless of his health issues after the Cup win. 

Do I hear the sound of one hand clapping?  Comparison of only player names is useless without adding economics in today's NHL.  Not just the contract $$$ at time of trade, but consideration of pending free agency and subsequent signed contract(s).

One thing I agree on is JR's overall track record in the after-market. 

I'd say that getting Jussi Jokinen for a bag of pucks and some Hardee's coupons could rank up there too.
For last years play; yes!  This year, like all the Canes, he cannot keep the puck on his stick or hit the one-timers.  But, thinking about it, yeah, I will give you this one.

I'm not sure I'd say the Williams/Markov trade was a good one for Carolina. Williams was never healthy here.

disagree 100%...Williams when healthy was great, and was an awesome 2-way forward who I miss very much. Williams, who was like a 60-70 point guy for the canes was easily worth Markov without question.

Trading Williams away to get Cole eventually, well that a whole other issue. I've watched Justin many times on tv this year and he is completely back to full form .

I think Ruutu for Ladd should be on that list, Ruutu is going to be a key part of this team for a long time. I also thought getting Matt Cullen for basically nothing from the Rangers was a great trade too.

Trading Williams away to get Cole eventually, well that a whole other issue. I've watched Justin many times on tv this year and he is completely back to full form .

and now saying that......Williams breaks his leg in Phoenix on Saturday. smokin.gif    

[quote name='indaboardz wrote:

goeb']

and now saying that......Williams breaks his leg in Phoenix on Saturday. smokin.gif    

Ahhh, come now. He didn't break his leg, he broke his ankle and a couple ligaments. And in all fairness, if Kopitar and Jovanovski fall on you while you're stuck behind Kopitar, don't you think you may break something too?

Kind of like when a certain defenseman who can't hit the broad side of a barn manages to break your hand with a slapshot. Luck is luck, and Williams has absolutely no good luck.

But yes, prior to that he was in great form. And we could have used him.