The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
alnova1

Glad to see it

I always made sure never to buy into the hype about Leighton, from the day he was acquired. I thought he was a solid addition to Albany and someone that could serve as a mentor to prospects like Peters, but I didn't think he would be the answer to the back-up situation. He had a spectacular season in Albany, but he's always been a fantastic AHL goaltender. The reason why he has never been a consistent starter in the NHL and has been passed around so many NHL teams is that he has never been able to fully adapt to the NHL game. He's on a bit of a streak in Philadelphia, but that will eventually die down and he'll find himself back on the waiver wire and probably headed to another team in a couple of weeks.

It would be poetic justice if the Flyers win the cup, Leights gets the Comm Smythe and the Vezina. Boy Karmonos would be eating crow during that "perfect storm" and it would so suck to be us knowing we let that get away.