The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
DrStaal

What Do You See From Sutter?

Certainly don't see any Staal in Sutter.  That's not a bad thing.  Gretzky, well lets not do that.  Anyway, Sutter reminds me more of a young Brind'Amour.  Great 2-way player that can kill penalties and has a great nose for the game (no pun intended). 

Certainly don't see any Staal in Sutter.  That's not a bad thing.  Gretzky, well lets not do that.  Anyway, Sutter reminds me more of a young Brind'Amour.  Great 2-way player that can kill penalties and has a great nose for the game (no pun intended). 

I'm with coastal on the comparisons to Staal and Gretzky.  His game is a lot more like Cullen's than Staal's but a little better defensively at even strength.

I see one of our players playing like he wants to be in the NHL and taking advantage of that opportunity, I also see him in the right place at the right time all the time. I see a Sutter Jersey on my back sometime in the future. And if I look deep into my crystal ball I can see him raising Lord Stanley's cup before anyone on a Canadian team does. Thats what I see.

I see a very talented young hockey player who keeps improving.  What amazes me is he is already skating so well at this level and he is still learning the game.  I can't wait to see how good he will get. As for comparisons I think he has his own style and before long we will be comparing other players to him.

What I also like is his enthusiasm to be with our team.  If I remember right, it was said that awhile after he was drafted he would wear his jersey and hat around his dad to give him a hard time and he was proud to be a Hurricane.  I love a guy who believes in the organization he plays for, and think its speaks well about our fans.  A stark contrast from one of our other 1st rounders (Jack Johnson) glad that talentless hack left.

Sutter is going to be a great one. His skill, enthusiam and aggressiveness around the goal are awsome. Our veterns could learn a lot by paying attention to what he's doing out on the ice. He's a really fun player to watch. He's the kind of player we need more of and should nuture and relish his play for the Canes.

I see one of our players playing like he wants to be in the NHL and taking advantage of that opportunity, I also see him in the right place at the right time all the time. I see a Sutter Jersey on my back sometime in the future. And if I look deep into my crystal ball I can see him raising Lord Stanley's cup before anyone on a Canadian team does. Thats what I see.

I've had my Sutter jersey since last year.  He is everything that I thought he would be, and maybe more.  While nobody has particularly noticed, in addition to him 'being in the right place at the right time...all the time', he is also a genius in the faceoff circle.  A 20 year old kid is making 'cagey' veterans look like morons.  Sutter is one of the pieces to take this franchise to greatness, and I thought he was ready to play NHL last year.

This Sutter looks to have more scoring skills than his father and uncles. He just looks like a guy that can take a hit and get back into the play to set himself up for a scoring chance. He has that determined attitude about him. He is just learning the face off circle now but hopefully will get better in the upcoming years....he's a great guy to build a line around. Look forward to him contributing to the scoring effort.

All of the above and lets not forget this guy has still not grown into his body. He's going to add more strength and weight which will push his game up another notch. He's going to be a very good two way center, obviously already pretty darn good, but still getting better.

What I also like is his enthusiasm to be with our team.  If I remember right, it was said that awhile after he was drafted he would wear his jersey and hat around his dad to give him a hard time and he was proud to be a Hurricane.  I love a guy who believes in the organization he plays for, and think its speaks well about our fans.  A stark contrast from one of our other 1st rounders (Jack Johnson) glad that talentless hack left.

He seems to understand what it takes to be a player in the NHL and relishes every moment, good and bad. When you watch him take the ice, he has a calming confidence about him, a certain pride..wearing the sightless eye crest. Sutter will be a Stanley Cup champion and it will be in a 'Canes jersey! Sutter is a great player now.. and will become even better with time and experience.

Def. a guy to get excited for, comparing him to Gretzky is too much, with all due respect I really don't think anyone is going to be as good as Gretzky. I see him being about a 20-30+ goal scorer in the future, and a guy JR will need to keep for a long time to come

I see him as an excellent player and should have a pretty good career.

I do think that no matter how his playing career goes, he will end up like the rest of his family and either be coaching or in the front office somewhere.

He has an incredible hockey IQ (something I'd expect from a Sutter) and really thinks the game on the ice.

He does need to put on a few pounds, as he is getting pushed around out there.  At 185lbs, he is a little undersized for his height.

I'd say he is more of a cross between Francis/Yzerman/Robitaille.

I see Talent, Heart,Knowledge and a Very Good Passion for the game. It won't be long and I think he will be an outstanding and upstanding player in the NHL!! Very good shot at being a future All-star player!