The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

The Race for the #1 pick in 2010!

Starting to sweat a little bit...
Your starting to look like we did a week ago. Time for you to start making some trades if your serious about reaching the bottom of the pile.

I guess this can go here since it may relate a little. Can anyone tell me why the Canes are riding Cam like a rented mule? If it were up to me I would maximize Manny both to keep Cam healthy and to decrease the chances of Cam stealing meaningless games (especially on the road). But I'm sure Cam wants to play a lot. Fine, but every single game? To what end? He has the win record. He's regained his elite form. The lack of playoffs are nearly a mathematical certainty. I can see Cam playing nearly every game, but why every game?

I guess this can go here since it may relate a little. Can anyone tell me why the Canes are riding Cam like a rented mule? If it were up to me I would maximize Manny both to keep Cam healthy and to decrease the chances of Cam stealing meaningless games (especially on the road). But I'm sure Cam wants to play a lot. Fine, but every single game? To what end? He has the win record. He's regained his elite form. The lack of playoffs are nearly a mathematical certainty. I can see Cam playing nearly every game, but why every game?
Agreed, its baffling think is 22 straight games now... manny should be in tehre ar least 4-5 times in that streetch and every 4th  or so going forward..not sure why pushing cam so hard? maybe to sneak into olympics if an injury?.. except for that can't see any logic to overworking him as we wallow in 29th

and if manny had a few good games - maybe some gm might grab him for the playoffs as a back up,, seems a win/win for canes to play him

...and if manny had a few good games - maybe some gm might grab him for the playoffs as a back up,, seems a win/win for canes to play him

That's about the biggest head scratcher for me right now.  It looks like we would be trying to showcase him a little.

There's already a thread about the goaltending tandem questions but I cant remember the name of it to do a search.  I think it was your thread superdave?

Lets keep this thread about the race for #30.  It's only purpose is to find some humor in a not-so-funny situation.

I can split this if you guys want a new thread for the Manny/Cam issue.

PS: I'm not so sure Manny's eye infection is 100% clear.

There's already a thread about the goaltending tandem questions but I cant remember the name of it to do a search.  I think it was your thread superdave?

Lets keep this thread about the race for #30.  It's only purpose is to find some humor in a not-so-funny situation.

If it's about the race for #30 then we win.  We already have a #30, Cam Ward.

I wasn't sure where to put it. Not sure it deserved it's own thread really. It does relate to the race for #30 a little though. My contention is that the players can't tank, no way, but management can do subtle things to help the record down, especially on the road. I know this is controversial, but still...Cam is more likely to steal games than Manny and less likely to lose games. One would think we would be seeing at least a little of Manny for that reason, in addition to the showcase thing, and that relates to the race for #30 at least a little.

There are forms of conjunctivitis that last a long time, but if his eye were bad would they even have him on the bench? Maybe that's it though.

Because Mo is clueless, and still thinks we have a chance of a playoff spot.

[quote name='caniac_fan wrote:

Keith_The_Great']We play in Minnesota tonight, a house of horrors for the Oilers. We've lost 11 straight there.

Hope ya'll win tonight!happy.gif

No thanks. I'm pretty sure our "run" will come to an end here.

[quote name='remkin wrote:

TSA']There's already a thread about the goaltending tandem questions but I cant remember the name of it to do a search.  I think it was your thread superdave?

I wasn't sure where to put it. Not sure it deserved it's own thread really. It does relate to the race for #30 a little though. My contention is that the players can't tank, no way, but management can do subtle things to help the record down, especially on the road. I know this is controversial, but still...Cam is more likely to steal games than Manny and less likely to lose games. One would think we would be seeing at least a little of Manny for that reason, in addition to the showcase thing, and that relates to the race for #30 at least a little.

There are forms of conjunctivitis that last a long time, but if his eye were bad would they even have him on the bench? Maybe that's it though.

Like sending Tlusty back to Albany, who has had alot of chemistry with Sutter.  When Rosey was in., that line evolved an identiy as a "checking" line to the point of opposing teams TV crews using the term. With Cole coming back I'm sure its a numbers thing but it appears as though the team is now taking a look at Goertzen.  That's how I, as a fan, would frame a "subtle" move at this point in our season.

[quote name='Keith_The_Great wrote:

caniac_fan wrote:

Keith_The_Great']We play in Minnesota tonight, a house of horrors for the Oilers. We've lost 11 straight there.

Hope ya'll win tonight!
happy.gif

No thanks. I'm pretty sure our "run" will come to an end here.

I'll be watching that streak come to an end tonight. wink.gif

Hey... we're still in the race.  The Canes just sent Cam Wardback to Raleigh for an unspecified upper body injury.  Sending him home probably means it could be serious.  The Canes have been relying on Cam to give them a  chance, with him out, that means Legace and Peters in goal things are going to get a lot more interesting....  I think Peters should get a start tonight or tomorrow...  And, with Kovy traded to NJ, Whitney's trade shouldn't be far off... 

You've got the worst record wrapped up maybe, not necessarily the top pick.
Wouldn't that be a big slap in the face from the hockey gods for tanking and finishing last.

"No soup for you.  Come back one year."

Bettman will make sure we lose the lottery. I'm convinced he's anti-Canadian.
And he's anti-carolina.. what will he do? LOL

Guess too much to hope his head explodes, right?

we are still waiting for the all-star game he "promised" to carolina in 2001 within the next few years.. when we had a drive for 12,000 season ticket holders...

In March 2001, Bettman promised the Hurricanes the right to host an All-Star Game within five years as the prize offered to fans for a successful season-ticket campaign. 

[quote name='canes-in-7 wrote:

Keith_The_Great']Bettman will make sure we lose the lottery. I'm convinced he's anti-Canadian.

And he's anti-carolina.. what will he do? LOL

Guess too much to hope his head explodes, right?

we are still waiting for the all-star game he "promised" to carolina in 2001 within the next few years.. when we had a drive for 12,000 season ticket holders...

In March 2001, Bettman promised the Hurricanes the right to host an All-Star Game within five years as the prize offered to fans for a successful season-ticket campaign. 

Maybe he meant Stanley Cup instead? laugh.gif

Anyway he better not screw us in the lottery.

Well, we'll see if the all-star game in Raleigh comes true in 2011...

However, right now I'm convinced that the Oilers train seems to be simply unstoppable, this team is in a total frenzy steering themselfs right down towards the ground, noone could match that^^

That leaves us with only a lil' bit of hope on having a good shot in the lottery...at least it'll be a top 3 pick (I guess).