The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

The Race for the #1 pick in 2010!

Why is everybody wanted the team to loose and get the first draft round pick. I mean it's not like their wont be a player like Crosby, Ovechkin, or another Staal in it? That I know of. I mean I want our boys to win!

Hellooooo! Taylor Hall...Tyler Seguin?  See the link. Canes won't make the playoffs...so might as well try to get a top two pick. Which finishing 30th would guarantee!

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11944

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/story/?id=298731

This going for the #1 draft pick is stressful. Only the #30 team is guaranteed a shot at the Taylor/Tyler duo. When you're going for 1st place, second still gets you a great shot in the playoffs.

We went 4-5-1 over the last 10. Clearly under .500. But wait, Columbus went 1-6-3 and Edmonton went 1-8-1. We gave up serious ground.

Here's another perverse stat. When we were in the running for the playoffs these last few years, we had nearly always played more games than our key opponents, so it was always worse than it looked. Now we have played MORE games than both Columbus and Edmonton (3 and 2 respectively). So if we happen to win those two games both Columbus and Edmonton are only 4 points ahead of us.

This is not going to be easy.

No way the Canes finish dead last.  I'd say more like 24th or so.
Agree---I don't think we will finish dead last either.  So I think all the talk about Hall is premature.

We may have to re-build with what we have in the pipeline and/or trade for or sign. Just my two cents.

GO CANES !

As of today, this Oilers fan is officially throwing his support behind the Hurricanes. The Oilers suck so hard my only hope is they finish below the Hurricanes.

SO GO CANES GO!

Hey Keith sorry to tell you but the Hurricanes suck more than the Oilers do right now.

Yikes, I didnt even consider the fact that Columbus would be playing Edmonton.  Too bad it didn't go to overtime.

Tonight Columbus takes on Calgary, I think Columbus has it in them to pull out the win.   Lets go Bluejackets smile.gif

Watch out for Edmonton fans cheering our team on and acting all friendly with us, they just want our draft pick!

See, this is what I'm talking about, don't trust them laugh.gif

http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/topic/16331

Yes this is all in good fun for those who wondered

Yikes, I didnt even consider the fact that Columbus would be playing Edmonton.  Too bad it didn't go to overtime.

Tonight Columbus takes on Calgary, I think Columbus has it in them to pull out the win.   Lets go Bluejackets smile.gif

Watch out for Edmonton fans cheering our team on and acting all friendly with us, they just want our draft pick!

See, this is what I'm talking about, don't trust them laugh.gif

http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/topic/16331

Yes this is all in good fun for those who wondered

I think our 30th position is pretty much a lock, Mo has major skills for that!!

The Oilers have won 1 of their last 12 games (vs. the Leafs) and last night lost to a team that had lost 13 straight on the road (Columbus)

Un-freaking-believable.

They say, misery loves company, so welcome to our board.  I think we will find a way to win the race for last but you make a good case for the Oil. 

[quote name='smile.gifsmile.gifMayo83 wrote:

Keith_The_Great']As of today, this Oilers fan is officially throwing his support behind the Hurricanes. The Oilers suck so hard my only hope is they finish below the Hurricanes.

SO GO CANES GO!

Hey Keith sorry to tell you but the Hurricanes suck more than the Oilers do right now.

But we still love Canes smile.gif

Hey Keith, Im going to merge your thread with the existing thread about the race for #30. 

Welcome aboard and may the worst team win smile.gif

Hey Keith, Im going to merge your thread with the existing thread about the race for #30. 

I can't help but think the Oilers are going to get screwed over by the lottery one way or another.

[quote name='Keith_The_Great wrote:

TSA
']Hey Keith, Im going to merge your thread with the existing thread about the race for #30. 

Welcome aboard and may the worst team win
smile.gif

I can't help but think the Oilers are going to get screwed over by the lottery one way or another.

That's funny because with the way our season going, there are several around here that share that same sentiment.  Tonight was all about getting a win for the home crowd, they'll be hitting the road next week and we know how well those road games go for us. wink.gif

We both need to keep a close on Columbus, they look pitiful over the last few weeks.

Is it the worst team win or the worst team lose?  I'm confused.  To win, we must lose.  To lose is victory.

It's like the chicken and the egg.