The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
krazykal99

Hurricanes Hang-Outs

shrug.gif

good question, I know they go to North Hills a lot but there always seems to be a target siting and that is it. 

I wonder if they ever go out to the bars just to hang out and have fun.  I know it must be hard for them to get out and be normal people.

Glenwood South, wherever that is, is or was a hangout spot for some of the players. I remember reading that it was a favorite spot for Bates Battaglia and a couple of others during the teams early years here. You might have better luck seeing one in sort of an "unexpected" time frame where you're not looking for them. I once met a Panthers player whose kid was on my brothers soccer team, I know it's not hockey but still just giving an example.

As to where the Canes hang out and party, etc I cant say. But I've run into a lot of them just out and about. It doesn't hurt that I live within two miles or so of about 75% of the players. Most of them live on the north side of Raleigh.

A few examples that quickly come to mind:

Stillman - Home Depot

Tanabe - Best Buy

Brind'amour - Seen him on Six Forks Rd several times...his Honda is easy to recognize.

Rob DiMaio - Bruegers Bagels

Ray Sheppard- grocery store...forget which one