The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
oldguy55

Skate with the Canes

Tried that.  For reasons that remain unclear, I wasn't able order the tickets through Account Manager so the order was taken over the phone.  So they aren't in there and I can't print them at home.

Thanks for the help, though.

I'm thinking we're gonna drive up there and work it out at the ticket window.  If there's a problem with that, there's REALLY gonna be a problem!

Tried that.  For reasons that remain unclear, I wasn't able order the tickets through Account Manager so the order was taken over the phone.  So they aren't in there and I can't print them at home.

I'm thinking we're gonna drive up there and work it out at the ticket window.  If there's a problem with that, there's REALLY gonna be a problem!

Who's your ticket rep?  The tickets should still be available in your account manager even if it was a phone order.

[quote name='TSA wrote:

oldguy55']Tried that.  For reasons that remain unclear, I wasn't able order the tickets through Account Manager so the order was taken over the phone.  So they aren't in there and I can't print them at home.

Who's your ticket rep?  The tickets should still be available in your account manager even if it was a phone order.

Yes - they should be in there regardless of how you acquired them.

I hope everyone who attended this evening had a great time.  This was the first time I attended this event as it will not be my last.  I was in the Red group and our autograph players were Alberts, Sutter, Wallin, Corvo, Samsonov, Whitney and C Ward.   In the skating session were Gleason, Yelle, A Ward, Staal, Cullen, Walker, Legace and Dwyer.  Both Walker and Cullen were dragging small kids around on their butts with sticks - so cute.  There were two photo sessions, one in the weight room and one in the locker room.  In the weight room were the three fins.  I was thrilled to be able to get a picture with  all three.  In the locker room were Carson, LaRose, Brind'Amour and Kostopoulos.  Coaches were MIA.  Absolute fabulous night!

Well, our tickets were at "will-call", just not the regular ticket window will-call.  The ticket offices were all closed today, as a holiday, I guess.  Once we got inside there were several other people who got their tickets from one of the Storm Squad girls.

That snag aside, the event was extremely well run.  We were also in the red group.  Autographs from many of the players, photos with lots of them.  I asked Staal to sign something for me, I thanked him and then he thanked me for coming!  These have to be the most approachable professional athletes around.  My wife spoke with A. Ward for a little while and he talked about how glad he is to be back; he loves it here.

As Faceoff said, no coaches.  Maybe they heard what happened last year: the day after he sat for photos with fans Lavi was out the door eek.gif.

Hey guys. I had a awesome time for my first time with skate the canes. But cane somebody please help me with these pictures. The one player beside my friend Johnny in the locker room. I am wearing a canes jersey. The other was a player beside Brett Carson. We were with the Green Group. It was so much fun. Please help me I can't tell these AHL guys names by just looking at their faces with out a number or their last name. At that time I didn't get a good look at them lol. But anyways if you tell me I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you very much Fkelly. I really appreciate it. I had a feeling that the second picture it was Yelle. If anybody else wants to see more pictures let me know. I got a bunch. It was such a fun night.

Thank you very much Fkelly. I really appreciate it. I had a feeling that the second picture it was Yelle. If anybody else wants to see more pictures let me know. I got a bunch. It was such a fun night.

Post away, we'd love to see them smile.gif

What a blast!!! This was also my first (but not last) SWTC. I was also in the red group and really enjoyed the whole event. Great job by the organization for putting this thing together. Things seemed to run smooth. It was really cool during the "skating" session to sit on the bench (non-skater...lol) I was talking to myself the whole time...umm..dude..your on the players bench...look around....LOL of course the locker room and weight room pics were great too.

I've been to the previous 2 events. However, due to this being the first day back at school we didn't go. Bummer is I had 2 tickets. I couldn't give them away for Monday night.

What a blast!!! This was also my first (but not last) SWTC. I was also in the red group and really enjoyed the whole event. Great job by the organization for putting this thing together. Things seemed to run smooth. It was really cool during the "skating" session to sit on the bench (non-skater...lol) I was talking to myself the whole time...umm..dude..your on the players bench...look around....LOL of course the locker room and weight room pics were great too.
Hey I didn't know how to skate and it was my first time. But I wanted to be out there to meet them. I didn't fall down once! I was so proud of my self lol. It was hard at first that's for sure. But I got use to it after that. Being out on the ice as the same guys as the pros it was a awesome experience. The organization did a great job too I agree with you on that. They did a super job on it!

This was our second year skating with the canes. The fund raising part of it is fantastic, and I'll continue to go. However it seemed like the skating portion was more like "Stand in line on the ice for an autograph" than skating. It's pretty easy to get these guys autographs at practice and stuff. I wonder if they could do anything different to make the skating part better.

Just a thought.

This was our second year skating with the canes. The fund raising part of it is fantastic, and I'll continue to go. However it seemed like the skating portion was more like "Stand in line on the ice for an autograph" than skating. It's pretty easy to get these guys autographs at practice and stuff. I wonder if they could do anything different to make the skating part better.

Just a thought.

The term "better" is very subjective.  I think the skating portion is just fine for what they have to work with.  Most fans seems thrilled to have the opportunity to get their pictures taken on the ice with players and with up to 200 people out there, lines are going to be part of it.  There are so many people on the ice, there really isn't much room to skate anyway.  What can they do?  Skate around in circles like they are in Rockefeller Center?   Not everyone has the opportunity to attend practices and for me personally, I never ask for an autograph outside of venues that are created for that purpose like this one, but that's just me. 

Mayo83, I'm pretty sure that is Tom Kostopoulos with you in the second picture you posted, not Yelle.
I think your right because I remember seeing him on the ice during that point after I saw Carson. But I did get Yelle's autograph to. I can't remember what session he was in. I was in Green Group.

Mayo, that's DEFINITELY Tom Kostopoulos in your "on ice" picture. And Stephane Yelle would have been in your autograph group.

Thanks.