The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
fkelly

Really frustrated with the ticket sales team

I hate to be a complainer but the ticket reps for this team are worse than sub par.  Year after year I have trouble with my season tickets and no one on that sales team ever fixes or make things right.  Most recently, my co-workers and myself have tried to purchase extra tickets but have had so many issues getting this done.  In a season where the team is consistently bad, they should be working hard to fill seats anyway they can and finding creative ways to support their STH's that have stayed the course and payed in full even though seats around them are selling at half price. 

I need a new ticket rep (again) so who's yours and would you recommend them?  Give me the good bad and ugly so I can choose one that actually believes that we are the customers and choose to invest our hard earned money in this franchise.  Thank you ahead of time for any help given.

Should I make a poll?

What do you use your rep for? In my 9 years as a STH, I probably have talked to my rep 5 times. I have never had a problem with getting things done through front line people.

Just curious? Maybe I am missing out on benefits the STH Reps provide.

I hate to be a complainer but the ticket reps for this team are worse than sub par.  Year after year I have trouble with my season tickets and no one on that sales team ever fixes or make things right.  Most recently, my co-workers and myself have tried to purchase extra tickets but have had so many issues getting this done.  In a season where the team is consistently bad, they should be working hard to fill seats anyway they can and finding creative ways to support their STH's that have stayed the course and payed in full even though seats around them are selling at half price. 

I need a new ticket rep (again) so who's yours and would you recommend them?  Give me the good bad and ugly so I can choose one that actually believes that we are the customers and choose to invest our hard earned money in this franchise.  Thank you ahead of time for any help given.

Should I make a poll?

extra tickets are purchase thru account manager, if you need more than 8 then you purchase them thru group sales.  if  you have issues with yours then you need to take it to their manager first.  Karen Prince(sp) is the support person for sales and when my rep is unavailable she usually takes care of whatever my current issue is.  I don't think they allow you to "choose" your rep, if you are having issues then they will generally assign you to another one.  You also have to remember what works for one person may not work for you (as far as reps go).  I have never had any major issues so calling these guys "sub par" is really harsh and offensive.  If you need us to agree with you then post details and not general comments.

I have never had an issue with buying extra tickets on-line through account manager or at the box office at my STH discounted priced.  Why are you trying to go through your rep? 

I have done that (gone thru my rep) when I wanted to buy a block of 10+ so that at least he gets the credit for it instead of some order taker in group sales.

I think just the opposite!  They are great! 

I have never talked to "my rep".  I ordered my tickets from Brooke this season....and Karen Prince is amazing at what she does.  I have ordered tons of extra tickets this season and she has be more than helpful everytime!  Never had a single issue...

would like to hear more details on your issue though?

My ticket rep is Brooke Barragona.  She has never failed to return my call within an hour.  I've never had one issue she wasn't on top of and has always been pleasant and energetic.  My hat's off to her.  Great service IMO.

I have to agree, Brooke Baragona really understands the concept of quality customer service. She has been my ticket rep for a few seasons now and she ALWAYS goes out of her way to give her STH the best possible service, provide accurate information in a timely manner, etc.

[quote name='caniac-97 wrote:

fkelly
']I hate to be a complainer but the ticket reps for this team are worse than sub par.  Year after year I have trouble with my season tickets and no one on that sales team ever fixes or make things right.  Most recently, my co-workers and myself have tried to purchase extra tickets but have had so many issues getting this done.  In a season where the team is consistently bad, they should be working hard to fill seats anyway they can and finding creative ways to support their STH's that have stayed the course and payed in full even though seats around them are selling at half price. 

Should I make a poll?

extra tickets are purchase thru account manager, if you need more than 8 then you purchase them thru group sales.  if  you have issues with yours then you need to take it to their manager first.  Karen Prince(sp) is the support person for sales and when my rep is unavailable she usually takes care of whatever my current issue is.  I don't think they allow you to "choose" your rep, if you are having issues then they will generally assign you to another one.  You also have to remember what works for one person may not work for you (as far as reps go).  I have never had any major issues so calling these guys "sub par" is really harsh and offensive.  If you need us to agree with you then post details and not general comments.

Listen to Caniac97, he got an apology for me from one of the managers of The Eye store there after I had an employee act like a real !#$*& to me when I went into the jersey store to just check on my custom jersey (and that was out of the kindness of his heart, I just vented on here LOL)......  and my jersey was there about 3 days later!  banana.gif

I have never had a problem working with the box office when I need tickets, and I very rarely speak with my rep unless I have an issue that I think I need her help on (which has never been purchasing tickets).  I don't think they are necessarily there to help with getting extra tickets, I think they are there to really sell the season tickets and ticket packages. 

I've been a season ticket holder of some form every year and a full season ticket holder since 2001.

The tickets reps I've dealt with have been GREAT.   Karen Prince, as mentioned by others, and even more PJ Avetta have provided consistent, timely top quality service every time I've called.

The addition of the account manager systems just about lets you be your own ticket rep.

I've only needed to use the box office for turn in tickets and the vouchers, and have had no problem at all with that.   In fact, they arranged 8 tickets together for me just before Christmas via vouchers and turn ins.

A SUPER JOB.

I wish the team on skates could perform as well as their sales team does! 

Our rep Mike something or another was great when he had us on the hook for a sale, after that he could really care less about getting back to us. Doesn't respond to calls nor several e-mails. 

Brooke has been my ticket rep for the last 3 years and has always returned my call or replied to an email in a very timely manner. I even had a small glitch with my renewal last spring and the sales team fixed it within a couple of days. I can easily say that Brooke and the rest of the sales team that I have dealt with have done a fantastic job.

Thank you for the feedback and information.  This wasnt about the box office or the Eye and I purposely didnt call out my rep by name because its possible that others arent having the same struggles I'm having.  For those who think I need people to agree with me, take the time to actually READ the post. I am simply frustrated and looking for information and recommendations from other people that have had better luck than me with this sales team. I dont know why you took my opinion so personally, maybe you could block my posts if the board allows it?.

Im well aware that extra tickets can be purchased through the account manager but when the account manager isnt working correctly, you cant.  I dont think its too much to ask halfway through the season to have this corrected so it can be accessed. This is just one of the many issues I've encountered.  Myself and several co-workers have run into what legend-1 has described also.  Once the sale was made, getting a call back or an email reply has been near impossible.

Glad to hear that others are satisfied and havent run into the issues I have, and Ive also heard that Karen Prince was very good.  I thought she was an assistant and not a ticket sales rep. 

ynotagain, thats exactly what I was trying to do over the holiday.  I wanted to use trade ins and vouchers to get a group of seats together and I never received a call back from my sales person to tell me whether or not they could help.  Its not like there werent plenty of seats available. Did you do this through the box office or through your rep?

Thanks again for the info, it was helpful.

Thank you for the feedback and information.  This wasnt about the box office or the Eye and I purposely didnt call out my rep by name because its possible that others arent having the same struggles I'm having.  For those who think I need people to agree with me, take the time to actually READ the post. I am simply frustrated and looking for information and recommendations from other people that have had better luck than me with this sales team. I dont know why you took my opinion so personally, maybe you could block my posts if the board allows it?.

Im well aware that extra tickets can be purchased through the account manager but when the account manager isnt working correctly, you cant.  I dont think its too much to ask halfway through the season to have this corrected so it can be accessed. This is just one of the many issues I've encountered.  Myself and several co-workers have run into what legend-1 has described also.  Once the sale was made, getting a call back or an email reply has been near impossible.

Glad to hear that others are satisfied and havent run into the issues I have, and Ive also heard that Karen Prince was very good.  I thought she was an assistant and not a ticket sales rep. 

ynotagain, thats exactly what I was trying to do over the holiday.  I wanted to use trade ins and vouchers to get a group of seats together and I never received a call back from my sales person to tell me whether or not they could help.  Its not like there werent plenty of seats available. Did you do this through the box office or through your rep?

Thanks again for the info, it was helpful.

It's not that we are unsympathetic but have never had any major issues, what issues we had were resolved quickly.  depending on how many trade-ins/vouchers you were trying to use might have dictated whether you used a ticket rep or group rep.  it is my understanding that trade-ins and vouchers are handled differently internally (I think different computer systems) so I could see there being issues trying to use say 3 trade-ins and three vouchers for the same game and get all six seats together.

If you have issues with your rep then the first course of action would be there manager (which I think is PJ Avetta these days).  Karen's role is more of a support person than assistant.  If PJ isn't the right person then she will get you to that person, if I am wrong about the way trade-ins and vouchers work then she might be able to make it happen.  My thought is your ticket rep didn't know the answer and chose to ignore it - that is wrong and should be reported to his/her manager.

Though I am shocked to hear about Legend's experience, I do know those things happen in some organizations from time to time and those type of folks are generally weeded out.  Because hockey isn't like electricity or food, we DON'T have to have it (ok maybe DJ and SuperDave do).  Most of the marketing folks understand this concept and make every attempt to keep us interested and our ticket dollars flowing their way.