The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

How to deal with this season Caniac Style

I, for one, have given in that this is a rebuilding year for the Canes.  Shouting mean jestures at the coaches and players does not make them play better.  It's just not in the cards this year.  Yes, there are many things a lot of us would suggest but we do not make the rules.  We can only remain loyal fans that are determined to stand behind our Canes.

GO CANES!!

I, for one, have given in that this is a rebuilding year for the Canes.  Shouting mean jestures at the coaches and players does not make them play better.  It's just not in the cards this year.  Yes, there are many things a lot of us would suggest but we do not make the rules.  We can only remain loyal fans that are determined to stand behind our Canes.

GO CANES!!

well for me I feel like I have one of two choices, a) be po'd and angry during almost every game, or B) be stupid and try to put my version of a silly spin on things.

At the end of the day I will renew my tickets (though for fewer seats) and continue on.

Sometimes you yell just to make yourself feel better.  

As for me, I just go to the games and have a good time no matter what is going on.  A bad day at the RBC Center is better than a good day at work.  I can handle the poor play, but this cold weather puts a damper on the tailgating.

GO CANES!!

I don't think anyone's intent is try to persuade better play.  There are some who seem to think that disrespectful chants will somehow persuade management to make a change but in my opinion, if changes are made it isn't because of those chants.  Most are just trying to make light of an otherwise not so fun situation.  I would much rather hear "welcome to Moe's" in the arena than some of the other things I have heard.  At least that's all in good fun with the play on a team sponsor's slogan. 

It took me to about the 20th game to get to the point of acceptance.  At that time the frustration and disappointment eroded  and now I just laugh out loud when stuff goes badly.  I still have a great time at every game because the experience is whatever I choose to make of it, I can still have a blast even if we get slaughtered.  There is more to these games than just wins and losses.

[quote name='smokin.gifsuper-dave-1 wrote:

Caniac5']I, for one, have given in that this is a rebuilding year for the Canes.  Shouting mean jestures at the coaches and players does not make them play better.  It's just not in the cards this year.  Yes, there are many things a lot of us would suggest but we do not make the rules.  We can only remain loyal fans that are determined to stand behind our Canes.

As for me, I just go to the games and have a good time no matter what is going on.  A bad day at the RBC Center is better than a good day at work.  I can handle the poor play, but this cold weather puts a damper on the tailgating.

Yes it's bad for Tailgating,, but there is a bright side to this chilly weather Super Dave,,,your BEER DOESN'T GET WARM as fast, or it stay's cold longer, however you want to look at it...You know either thru rose colored glasses or the sunshine and lollipop glasses!!smokin.gifnerd.gifglasses.gif

I'm with Coastal..... I spend a lot of time remembering the good times; the "Miracle at Molson", all of 06, the "Shock at the Rock" etc. We've had a lot to be proud of. We'll survive this year.

They've been trying to do as good as they can I think. No one wanna lose and be the last. And I'm sure they gotta feel that. It's like one of those days that everybody has. I like to go to the practice and I love it when fans are still there no matter how bad they were on the day before. Moreover, we try to cheer them up by saying positive things like 'That was a nice goal.' 'Nice hit, man.' 'Good luck tomorrow.' 'Don't give up.' etc. That's Caniac.

Im with the majority and will keep supporting the team.  Its not like this season has gone the way they wanted it to go either.   Anyone can jump on the wagon when they're winning but its the down times when a team and its fans show their real character.  The end result may not always be good but this team hasn't given up and is still playing to win every game.   Ridiculing the players and the coaches accomplishes nothing and only shows ones true colors.

Im with the majority and will keep supporting the team.  Its not like this season has gone the way they wanted it to go either.   Anyone can jump on the wagon when they're winning but its the down times when a team and its fans show their real character.  The end result may not always be good but this team hasn't given up and is still playing to win every game.   Ridiculing the players and the coaches accomplishes nothing and only shows ones true colors.

so how would you suggest we vent our frustration with the team?  Pass out rainbows and lollipops, chant "welcome to moes", or yell obscenities (like some in my section would do until we sent an usher to talk to them).  I for one will NOT give them a free pass on this season, something went TERRIBLY WRONG for us to at least not be competitive this season.  If we were in the middle of the pack I would say it is what it is but we are no where near close.  I don't buy Mo's excuses, as season like this falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaches and captain - plain and simple. 

Remain positive. 

(Found out this afternoon during a heating check the heating exchange unit has failed and my entire system is in read of repair. If I hadn't have found out I would have been in danger of CO poisoning. The good news is I can use the proceeds from my mom's death policy to pay for a portion of it and I can finance the remainder.)

There WILL be better days for the Caniac Nation.  The youth movement should provide for a strong team to be a continual contender for the Cup than a one-hit wonder

I have passed through all the stage of grief and have finally come to acceptance. I still watch all the games that are televised and ave made the 150 miles plus one way trip to see three games. I will likely attend one or two more games. As I watch or attend and game, I do tend to celebrate a Canes' goal wth more exhuburance than is necessary, but, hey, I have to celebrate when I can, I may not get another chance anytime soon. It does bug me that so many are being so critical of management now when I read so much positive reaction to the Canes' move made during the off season on this board.

[quote name='caniac-97 wrote:

fkelly']Im with the majority and will keep supporting the team.  Its not like this season has gone the way they wanted it to go either.   Anyone can jump on the wagon when they're winning but its the down times when a team and its fans show their real character.  The end result may not always be good but this team hasn't given up and is still playing to win every game.   Ridiculing the players and the coaches accomplishes nothing and only shows ones true colors.

so how would you suggest we vent our frustration with the team?  Pass out rainbows and lollipops, chant "welcome to moes", or yell obscenities (like some in my section would do until we sent an usher to talk to them).  I for one will NOT give them a free pass on this season, something went TERRIBLY WRONG for us to at least not be competitive this season.  If we were in the middle of the pack I would say it is what it is but we are no where near close.  I don't buy Mo's excuses, as season like this falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaches and captain - plain and simple. 

Come on C97, thought you were asking how folks cope?  As usual, you fall into the "Mo Must Go" mode and hijack the topic of your own thread (which I thought was going fairly well until you opted to respond).  Not really surprising though.  

[quote name='djharley wrote:

smokin.gif

super-dave-1 wrote:

Caniac5']I, for one, have given in that this is a rebuilding year for the Canes.  Shouting mean jestures at the coaches and players does not make them play better.  It's just not in the cards this year.  Yes, there are many things a lot of us would suggest but we do not make the rules.  We can only remain loyal fans that are determined to stand behind our Canes.

Yes it's bad for Tailgating,, but there is a bright side to this chilly weather Super Dave,,,your BEER DOESN'T GET WARM as fast, or it stay's cold longer, however you want to look at it...You know either thru rose colored glasses or the sunshine and lollipop glasses!!smokin.gifnerd.gifglasses.gif

Yeah, I have a case of beer sitting on the floor of my garage that I didn't bother to put in the fridge.  I just grab one and it's nice and cold the way it is.

Knowing that we'll be playing spoiler this season is something to look forward too each game. Then when we beat teams we are supposed to lose too, I can do an evil "muah-ha-ha-ha" laugh at the opposing team.

...and hoping that by next year we'll be kicking the you-know-what out of the other teams. We'll be the dynasty era Chicago Bulls of hockey, hey after all one of our draft picks is named Michal Jordan.

At least I get to look forward to seeing Tlusty, Samson, and Boychuk on Friday.  This is what I'm looking forward to for the rest of the season but not for injury replacements.

Wait, should this be in the GDT?  Am I off topic?  What do I do?  What do I do?

[quote name='coastal_caniac wrote:

caniac-97 wrote:

fkelly']Im with the majority and will keep supporting the team.  Its not like this season has gone the way they wanted it to go either.   Anyone can jump on the wagon when they're winning but its the down times when a team and its fans show their real character.  The end result may not always be good but this team hasn't given up and is still playing to win every game.   Ridiculing the players and the coaches accomplishes nothing and only shows ones true colors.

Come on C97, thought you were asking how folks cope?  As usual, you fall into the "Mo Must Go" mode and hijack the topic of your own thread (which I thought was going fairly well until you opted to respond).  Not really surprising though.  Ok, I suffer from "oldtimer's" disease!!  I will try to be more surprising and throw you the occasional curve!roll.gif

At least I get to look forward to seeing Tlusty, Samson, and Boychuk on Friday.  This is what I'm looking forward to for the rest of the season but not for injury replacements.

Wait, should this be in the GDT?  Am I off topic?  What do I do?  What do I do?

I am still trying to figure out how you got accused of being Off Topic when you were posting in Off Topic (sounds like one of those which came first the chicken or the egg)!roll.gif