The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sandpiper214

Jerome Samson

Thanks for the heads up and info!!  I have really been looking forward to seeing Samson get called up.  I've read a lot about him and can't wait to see him in action. 

I am very excited about this call up and looking forward to seeing him out there.  This kid has been leading the Rats in goals and points all season I've been wondering why he has never received consideration as a call up.  I just seems his name is never mentioned by anyone in the Canes org.  

I am really curious how he will do with the big club.     I'm also happy he is getting a chance.

I hope he can put one in the back of the net tonight.

I am also interested in seeing him play. May not get big minutes, but still. Just shows how tough it is to get to the NHL undrafted.

[quote name='Appstatecanesfan wrote:

Mayo83']What about #27 or #57? 

According to the roster he's going to be wearing 67

I had him wear 71 because it's 17 reversed

I guess because you said you liked it if he would wear #71 lol.

Why we're talking about his number selection, I don't know happy.gif

I was very happy with Samson's play last night.  If anything, he looked to me like he might've even deserved a little PP time.  I mean, our powerplay couldn't have been worse last night! 

I think it was said in TTS that Samson seemed to bring a little life to the 4th line and I agree with that.  When was the last time that line not only scored a goal, but also had several legitimate scoring chances.  I liked how Jerome showed a nose for the net and didn't shy away from the danger zones in the offensive zone.  His play without the puck was good too!  Good for him and let's just hope that he's given a real chance to stay in the lineup when we get some bodies back.  There's no reason for this guy not to be considered a part of our youth movement next season.  He's paid his dues in the AHL and we'll only know if he has an NHL future if we play him.

Go Jerome!

The first time I saw a headshot of Samson, the first thing that came to mind was the young Jack Napier (the Joker) from Batman (1989).  It's pretty close... except for the eye color.

1240601086.jpg

But, that being said... I'm real impressed with how he has played in the NHL.  I hope he gets himself a goal soon, that would be awesome!

I'll tell you if this kid can be a solid NHL player, we suddenly have enough forwards that soon >50% of the team will be recently of Albany.

Samson, Sutter, Boychuk, Ryan, Tlusty, and possibly Bowman. Add an NHL ready top draft pick, and that's an incredibly young team.

Probably too young, but I can see fielding an entire third line, one guy on the second line and a couple on the 4th line. Then fill out the top line and second line with current guys or one or two free agents. All those young guys would push the vets, the team would have lots of energy. May not win the cup the first year, but could be interesting next year and pretty good long term.

Gotta get that top pick though.