The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Hershey Cruises Past Albany 10-4

Hey Max, just curious but whats up with this Times Union staff writer Pete Dougherty? Is he a Hershey fan, or even a hockey fan? I can't believe he jumped all over Brad Herauf for being one of the few Rats who actually fought back and got the 3rd star for his 2 goals and assist and then he goes out and complains about Peters not getting the loss. Instead of writing up a box score analysis maybe he should've actually gone to the game so he could inform fans how Murphy's injury came about and what might wrong with him.

hey krad. Don't even get us started on Pete Dougherty. I have been disappointed with his coverage of the Rats since last season but I decided I just really didn't like his stuff when he ripped apart Nicolas Blanchard a few weeks ago. I suggest that anyone reading his stuff from NC, etc reading the articles leave a comment. The editors do see it. Whether or not they do anything who knows, but maybe it will bring about some change. Be prepared however, when you leave a comment both he and Mark McGuire like to reply. Such as this when i commented on the reporting re: the Blanchard incident.

@Sand: For anybody to maintain that we don;t cover the positive inhockey is — and write this down so the mistake is not repeated yetagain — flat wrong.

The coverage in Albany is lacking overall. If you're not wearing a Siena basketball jersey or play high school basketball/football you just don't count

(I'm not trying to take anything away from those that play those sports. They do an excellent job and deserve recognition. So do the Rats  - though not last night)