The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hockeyfan1208

Caniacs! How are you staying positive this season?

That is a wonderful question.  I agree the lasts 2 games were a kick in the teeth for all the fans.  I am getting through this by knowing that the team is soon going to change and I have decided to enjoy watching the 'kids' when they are called up.  I see the 'kids' as the future of our team, so this is all a development process for them.  They will make mistakes, but that is OK - they'll learn.  I hope to see Boychuk, Samson, McBain, Bowman up here for the month of March to let them develop into NHL players for next year.

Other than that - I go to the games and don't expect too much - easier on the nerves 

Welcome aboard smile.gif

Just knowing that there will be huge roster changes for next year and seeing how quickly in this salary cap era teams are able to turn things around, make digesting this season a little easier.  For me, once I accepted this season for what it was, its wasn't that difficult to focus on the little successes, milestones and the social aspect of going to the games whether they win or lose.

Also,  watching this fanbase evolve and strengthen over the years has been really fun.  I grew up in a big hockey market where the fans would not stand behind the team or keep supporting them in a season like this one.  Our fans here still support this team and when things finally turn around, they'll be there from the start.

I now live only 15 minutes from the Castle... that's enough reason for me to be excited. I don't care how bad we're doing... I'm thrilled to finally be this close to the Canes. It's hard to be completely involved when you live an hour away in Fayetteville, but now, I can be more involved than ever before. Once I'm doing a little better financially, I'll be at games often. I'm thinking I'll be able to go to at least 10-15 games next season... my goal is to be able to get a 12-game pack. smile.gif

Just knowing (and seeing) these guys work so hard keeps me positive.  They don't want to lose anymore than we want them too - as I have said in the past - this team plays with HEART!  They are the greatest guys in the league even if they are in last place. 

I'm staying positive by watching the games and cheering for them no matter what.  I've loved this team for a lot of years and will always stay behind them.  I take it game by game and know that they work hard.  I also try to get to as many games as I can because they are so much fun to go to.  I wear my Canes stuff proudly and I get more attention from Canes stuff than I do when I wear my Jeff Gordon stuff which I find funny and awesome.

One thing I've found myself, I love the passion of all the fans! for all the people who claim this isnt a hockey market... we caniacs are definitely the real deal! (and for the guy who brought up tony romo out of the playoffs, I LOVE IT!)

It's easy to stay positive.  Every game this year is a win - win situation

Win = Well, it means we won obviously.  Woohoo!

Lose = That much closer to the number 1 pick, which means Stanley Cup Championship coming up again.  Woohoo!!!

I've watched the Cup winning Game 7 several times to remind me how the game should be played.

That game never ceases to thrill me.

I watched the highlights of the Buffalo series. Our PP was AWESOME!!! What happened?