The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Cowtown-Cane

wildlife

Hey; we have lived in my house for two years now. this will be our second winter here. we have noticed that we get deer right in our backyard. for two years, we have had deer come right up to our basement door, we have a walkout basement, and have had them just stare at us. it is so cool to see wildlife so close to us. some stupid kids in our area purposely started scaring them; they were separating the babies from their mom... made me so mad!! my mom went out and scared the kids away... stupid kids... but, it is so cool to see the deer.... they are mule deer if anyone is wondering.

I hear you loud and clear, Kerri, in your concern for wildlife. At Marine Stadium -- an area in the Belmont/Naples area of Long Beach that hosted the rowing events for the 1932 Olympics -- there's a wonderful variety of sea birds that make their home there. On any day, you'll see three varieties of sea gulls, six species of pipers, California brown pelicans, three kinds of ducks (none of whom are named Teemu Selanne), coots, great egrets, and blue herons. If you're lucky, you'll catch a sea lion moseying through! 8)

Here's Marine Stadium, the place where Mr. GSBG and I run four times a week: http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e335/dav...rine%20Stadium/

And I share your mom's anger about people scaring away wildlife. Mr. G and I hate seeing that ... especially among boaters in their 50s and 60s, who are definitely old enough to know better, and big enough in spirit, than to do such a brutal, inhumane thing. Be sure to let her know that a couple of folks who share her love of wildlife support her all the way. 8)

Jan/GSBG

i just love watching the deer; i went downstairs once to take the dog out and right there, like 10 feet from me were two deer just staring at me... i was like OMG!!! haha so funny and, like staalsy says, cool. :D