The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

99.9 extends contract with Canes for 2 more years. Thats was the BIG announcement?????

Just sent that update out to some family members. Really curious what it could be. Hoping for the All-Star game personally...

EDIT~ Now that I think about it, I have a feeling it'll just be the "official" announcement about starting the season in Finland. Wouldn't be the biggest news for me, but that's my gut feeling.

Just sent that update out to some family members. Really curious what it could be. Hoping for the All-Star game personally...

EDIT~ Now that I think about it, I have a feeling it'll just be the "official" announcement about starting the season in Finland. Wouldn't be the biggest news for me, but that's my gut feeling.

Oh yeah, that too.

Now that you mention it... Tripp did say during the game last night that the CFO for the Canes was on the trip to NYC to discuss finances for a "possible" Finland trip. 

Can't be the All Star game because JR just turned in the paperwork yesterday while they were in New York.  It probability to officially announce the start of next season in Finland.  I remember John and Trip talking about that last night during the game.  It's nice to know but I wouldn't have thought that the Canes' organization would make a big deal about it though.ohwell.gif

[quote name=10DollarTH]Free tickets for the rest of the season? that would be a nice announcement.

Due to some software technicalities ( I know, real shocker rolleyes.gif) at the NHL home office in Toronto/NY, Gary Bettman has agreed to disallow the results of the first half of the 2009-10 season and declared Jan 1st, 2010 the start of the new season.

grin.gif

If it had anything to do with the team, whether it be a trade or announcement of starting the season next year in Finland, don't ya think it would be coming from the Canes org and not 99.9??  Me thinks this is going to be nothing of real interest unless I see an headline on this site announcing the....upcoming announcement. 

Less money for the season ticket if its the finland thing!.. BTW does this mean less preseason games because traveling to finland if this is the announcement? its's still my biggest pet peeve, paying full price for a game with 1/2 priced talent i don't want to see anyway...

Do teams travel over before the season starts or have all their preseason games and then go? can't remember

I think it would be great for the announcement to be that the team is playing in Finland for a while next year. Oh, and I really don't think JR would make this announcement of playing in Finland, and then a few weeks later trade Pitkanen...as he is our best Fin....... just my two cents.

wouldn't the nhl make big announcements like the all star game and the season opener next year. maybe they are announcing that mike maniscalco has been reassigned to covering high school volleyball, that would be worth the listen.

wouldn't the nhl make big announcements like the all star game and the season opener next year. maybe they are announcing that mike maniscalco has been reassigned to covering high school volleyball, that would be worth the listen.

In that case I take back what I said earlier.  That announcement would definitely be of interest to me.  Crossing fingers.....

Scratch trade announcement per 99.9.  I figured those would be put in a press release from the team anyway.

My bet is on Finland wink.gif

Maybe 99.9 will sponsor a contest to win a trip to see the Canes play in Helsinki?

I mentioned the possibility of us opening next season overseas and was asked *do we have enough frequent flyer miles for that*?

The answer, yes! Not so sure about being able to get enough time off though...

that was like a few weeks ago when I watched the simpsons cuz they said it was a 3d on ice spectacular, and then it was just a lie. yeah, I think I may be boycotting 99.9 for at least a day or two.

Well, that was kind of a letdown, but as far as the news itself goes I love the coverage 99.9 give the 'canes, so I'm happy.

So now that we all have your attention..........

J/k laugh.gif    Did anyone realy think the Canes would allow the radio station to break important team related news? Ok, I waited too wink.gif