The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jeromeo87

Olympic replacement watch...Tim Gleason is in, could Jussi be next?

Way to go Timmy!!!!  This is great news. I am now officially shopping for my Gleason USA sweater. 
Me too! This is GREAT news.. Except, what number will he wear, so I can go ahead and order mine?

Looking on the official Olympic store site, all USA jerseys are sold out.

http://www.vancouver2010....el-catteamcanada-p1.html

Hopefully the "Eye" might carry them.

You won't find them at the eye.  The NHL is contracted with Reebok and these jerseys are Nike, they can't sell them.

I am on the hunt for a personalized jersey as well.  I have found the white throwbacks personalized but not the actual jersey.

[quote name='Faceoff-ch1 wrote:

hopper915']Looking on the official Olympic store site, all USA jerseys are sold out.

You won't find them at the eye.  The NHL is contracted with Reebok and these jerseys are Nike, they can't sell them.

I am on the hunt for a personalized jersey as well.  I have found the white throwbacks personalized but not the actual jersey.

Let me know what you find. But remember he probably won't be wearing his #6, since thats already taken. We have to wait and see. I'm not sure if he will take mike komisarek's number..

Yes indeed great news for Gleason and the Hurricanes!

As for Jokinen, he clearly should be on the team, he is a lock for a 20+ goal season (on pace for 27) on a team that hasn't generated much offense, is clocking in at .75 points/game, is a clutch player on the big stage (remember the playoffs), and has an even plus minus on team where nearly everyone is a minus. Not to mention his shootout ability.

Now let me get this straight.. The dark blue jersey is the away jersey - the white jersey that looks like the blue one is the home - and the white one that looks like a rangers knock-off is the third jersey.. Right?

[quote name='jeromeo87 wrote:

Faceoff-ch1 wrote:

hopper915']Looking on the official Olympic store site, all USA jerseys are sold out.

Let me know what you find. But remember he probably won't be wearing his #6, since thats already taken. We have to wait and see. I'm not sure if he will take mike komisarek's number..

Yeah, Erik Johnson is #6.    When and how will we find out what number he will be?

Now let me get this straight.. The dark blue jersey is the away jersey - the white jersey that looks like the blue one is the home - and the white one that looks like a rangers knock-off is the third jersey.. Right?

Yes - I believe the are going to wear the throw back white one for one game.  I like the design of that one better than the others even if it does look like a rags jersey.

jeromeo87 wrote:

Faceoff-ch1']

Yeah, Erik Johnson is #6.    When and how will we find out what number he will be?

Thats what I want to know so I can go ahead and order this thing...

NHL.com has the jerseys on their site for sale so I don't see why the Eye wouldn't get them.

I'm just telling you that I was told at the Eye.  The Olympic jerseys have been on sale for a while now and we have three other players representing - have you seen their jerseys at the Eye?

Swanson']NHL.com has the jerseys on their site for sale so I don't see why the Eye wouldn't get them.

I'm just telling you that I was told at the Eye.  The Olympic jerseys have been on sale for a while now and we have three other players representing - have you seen their jerseys at the Eye?

Yeah not sure. NHL.com has all the countries. A shame if Eye doesn't get them as NHL.com jerseys aren't 100% stitched. They usually layer the top numbers and they aren't stitched like the jerseys at the Eye.

[quote name='Swanson wrote:

Faceoff-ch1 wrote:

Swanson']NHL.com has the jerseys on their site for sale so I don't see why the Eye wouldn't get them.

Yeah not sure. NHL.com has all the countries. A shame if Eye doesn't get them as NHL.com jerseys aren't 100% stitched. They usually layer the top numbers and they aren't stitched like the jerseys at the Eye.

That's good to know - I have never ordered one from NHL.com and I was just about to....

Swanson wrote:

Faceoff-ch1']

That's good to know - I have never ordered one from NHL.com and I was just about to....

Where should I get mine from then?

Way to go Tim!!!! Congratulations being selected...

PS: “Yourworst nightmare might be to get stuck in a fishing boat with Tim Gleason for an afternoon.” ***I would fish with Tim any day of the week.wink.gif

The roster on the US Hockey site lists him wearing #4.

Has this been confirmed? I just want to make sure before I order one... no returns for personalized jerseys...

PenaltyKill26']

The roster on the US Hockey site lists him wearing #4.

Has this been confirmed? I just want to make sure before I order one... no returns for personalized jerseys...

Where else would you confirm it if not from USA Hockey?  I don't think they would put a number up that he wasn't going to wear.

Faceoff-ch1 wrote:

Swanson']

Just called the Eye. They said they will for sure get Gleason USA t-shirts with his number but they are not sure about jerseys yet. Guess we'll have to wait it out. I'm holding out for the Eye. The NHL.com ones aren't nearly as nice as the ones from the Eye. IMO of course.

[quote name='Swanson wrote:

jeromeo87 wrote:

Faceoff-ch1']That's good to know - I have never ordered one from NHL.com and I was just about to....

Just called the Eye. They said they will for sure get Gleason USA t-shirts with his number but they are not sure about jerseys yet. Guess we'll have to wait it out. I'm holding out for the Eye. The NHL.com ones aren't nearly as nice as the ones from the Eye. IMO of course.

ok, I live south of Charlotte..so will you let me know about The Eye?

Man!  My day just keeps getting better and better... I don't want it to end!  This morning I had a great dentist appointment (oxymoron warning), had a fantastic graphic design presentation (I nailed it), found out that I'm getting a Cam Ward game used stick and Tim Gleason is getting to represent me, my team and MY country in the Olympics!!  Life is goooooood. roll.gif

Thanks for the advise Swanny.  I'll be getting a USA jersey, too.

GO CANES and U-S-A, U-S-A