The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jeromeo87

Olympic replacement watch...Tim Gleason is in, could Jussi be next?

Man!  My day just keeps getting better and better... I don't want it to end!  This morning I had a great dentist appointment (oxymoron warning), had a fantastic graphic design presentation (I nailed it), found out that I'm getting a Cam Ward game used stick and Tim Gleason is getting to represent me, my team and MY country in the Olympics!!  Life is goooooood. roll.gif

Thanks for the advise Swanny.  I'll be getting a USA jersey, too.

GO CANES and U-S-A, U-S-A

I should have known you were the one that bought the Cam stick.  The crack is super small, so it's an awesome stick. I was thinking about it but I have to limit my sticks to Staal or Gleason or it gets out of control and I'd have 20+ which wouldn't go over so well in my casa.

I'm interested in seeing how hard it is to get a Gleason USA jersey. I'll get a t-shirt for sure. I'm 50/50 on the jersey. Then again if the Eye gets them in, I'll have a tough time saying no. Hope all is well. Congrats on the graphic design going so well.

-Swanson

I should have known you were the one that bought the Cam stick.  The crack is super small, so it's an awesome stick. I was thinking about it but I have to limit my sticks to Staal or Gleason or it gets out of control and I'd have 20+ which wouldn't go over so well in my casa.

I'm interested in seeing how hard it is to get a Gleason USA jersey. I'll get a t-shirt for sure. I'm 50/50 on the jersey. Then again if the Eye gets them in, I'll have a tough time saying no. Hope all is well. Congrats on the graphic design going so well.

-Swanson 

LOL, that's hilarious.  I didn't want to miss another one, so I pulled out all the stops.  I actually lost that bidding war, but Jon sent me an email saying that he has another one.  I got it for about $25 less (and no shipping as I'm getting it Tuesday after the game so I'm saving like $45)... I hope it's in as-good shape.  Thanks buddy, for the congrats.  I hope your wife and the new Caniac are doing well.  Is he going to inherit the stick collection?

I went ahead and ordered the alternate Gleason USA jersey - if there is any question about wheather or not they will sell them at the Eye, I figured the odds of keeping these gorgeous alternate jerseys there long enough for me to get there and buy one were not in my favor.  Plus, it might even be cheaper, because I know how retail goes up in stores like the Eye.  Plus... I just couldn't wait.  I've wanted a Gleason jersey for over a year now and I've always wanted a USA jersey - so now I get both in one.  Sweeeet.

I grit my teeth when Gleason went down tonight... last thing in the world we want is for him to get injured.  That would be HORRIBLE, like getting hurt before the super bowl.  I'd hate for him to miss the Olympics, playing for a losing team here.

So with 7 defensemen, is anyone worried that Gleason won't get any ice time in the Olympics? Although he is only on the team due to injuries, you HAVE to prefer Gleason over Orpik.. Right?

[quote name='jeromeo87 wrote:

Swanson wrote:

jeromeo87']

Where should I get mine from then?

Just called the Eye. They said they will for sure get Gleason USA t-shirts with his number but they are not sure about jerseys yet. Guess we'll have to wait it out. I'm holding out for the Eye. The NHL.com ones aren't nearly as nice as the ones from the Eye. IMO of course.

ok, I live south of Charlotte..so will you let me know about The Eye?

FYI - I spoke to a rep at the Eye and they stated they will NOT be getting any Gleason USA jerseys due to timing of the Olympics. They do have kids USA hockey t-shirts but will be getting nothing Gleason specific for the Olympics.

Hey Caniacs,

Please go nuts for Tim Gleason tonight!

What an honor to represent the USA at the Olympics!

I just hope he does not get hurt tonight.   And I know this will sound bad, but Staal and Rutu...well....let's just hope they play a little bit TOO HARD....

Now quick question, what was the NHL thinking for having NHL games TODAY  when the Olympic hockey starts Monday...

Mary