The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
JakeTheCaniac

Rest of the season

How about playing every game 'cause they hate to lose?

^^This.

Plus, all these young guys coming up gives them a chance to gel with each other. Build the chemistry now and let it carry over into next season with some additions made in the off-season. Becoming a good team now and then getting some guys through free agency could allow us to be pretty competitive next year.

Sigh, yet another "we can still make the playoffs" thread.

I'd tell you guys the truth about Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny but I don't think you can handle the truth.

How about "PLAY TO WIN" no matter what!? It's what they are paid to do and what the fans want. I, for one, don't spend thousands of dollars on season tickets expecting them to lose.

Welcome to the department of redundancy department.

As I paraphrased to a co-worker the other day, do or do not, there is no should.

I hate to see the Canes not playing to win while there are Rats that would love to come up and play at the NHL level. Play hard every game or stay home. Seriously doubt the playoffs are a possiblity but don't throw in the towel. Fans will not pay to go and see their teams if they are throwing the games. Just my opinion though.

The interesting thing is the breakdown. It is fascinating how wrong 50% are.
Not everyone can be good at math.  The same people who voted playoffs are probably the same people who like to play the lottery.

Well, of course we could benefit from being last in the league watching at the entry draft, but on the other hand we just can't go out on the ice to lose games.

I think we have to play hard for every minute cause we owe it to the game of hockey and to all its fans, and what however comes out at the end: So be it.

[quote name='JakeTheCaniac wrote:

dean_10523']How about "PLAY TO WIN" no matter what!? It's what they are paid to do and what the fans want. I, for one, don't spend thousands of dollars on season tickets expecting them to lose.

well put i agree totalyI agree too----as we trade a few more players it will get more difficult to continue the streak---but we fans want to see a good effort.

Like tonight, I love beating playoff contenders, who may underestimate us. That, alone, is worth the ticket price !

Play to win for themselves, their management, their sponsors and their fans.  A Raleigh, North Carolina team can't afford to do badly and give people a reason not to come to games... New York and Toronto can do that - tank seasons - because they know they will still sell out anyway.  Our organization doesn't have that guarantee.

v1!   thats what im talking about  , watch alot of   "fans" from last  years   run  suddenly show up if  deficit gets to  5  points...

[quote name='UNCCaniac8 wrote:

JakeTheCaniac wrote:

dean_10523']How about "PLAY TO WIN" no matter what!? It's what they are paid to do and what the fans want. I, for one, don't spend thousands of dollars on season tickets expecting them to lose.

well put i agree totaly
I agree too----as we trade a few more players it will get more difficult to continue the streak---but we fans want to see a good effort.

Like tonight, I love beating playoff contenders, who may underestimate us. That, alone, is worth the ticket price !

ya i was at the maple leaves game on nov. 19, and who really cares if they werent the best team? they put up a good fight and though they were down 3-0 early, they put up a good fight and in the end won. as for the rest of the season, they are putting up a good fight, playing against the odds, and wether they make the playoffs or not, the games are good. dont give up on our team yet caniacs

Actually, we have won 5 in a row.  That extra 2 points might come in handy if your subject to try to generate a multiple regression quadratic equation proving we will make the playoffs.  Just sayin ....

I have recently been wondering of what the Hurricanes should do with the rest of the season. They have been hot recently, just coming off of a 4 game win streak. Although their chances of making the playoffs are slim, they are still very much there. They could continue playing hard like that to take whatever chances they have at the playoffs, or they could just give up and start rebuilding. If they gave up on the season and were fine with last in the east, they would get  much better draft pick and have a better start with fresh players for the new season of 2011. Post your comments below and vote on the pole what you think they should do to finish off the season.
Actually, we have won 5 in a row.  That extra 2 points might come in handy if your subject to try to generate a multiple regression quadratic equation proving we will make the playoffs.  Just sayin ....