The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniacbeej

Jokinen/regular 30 goal guy in this league

I know its redundant but Team Finland is looking like the biggest bunch of KNOW NOTHINGS on the planet. There must have been some political reasons for his being left off and think the Finnish people have a right to know what that is. 30 is looking more realistic all the time. I have commented on his improved D play and the empty netter tonight was result of great stick check. I will always remember Him chasing Brodeur. Same spot on the ice he got the pass from joni in Game 7. He's got martin's number. OH SAY CAN JUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSIIIIIIIIIII.

Valtteri Filppula and Jere Lehtinen have some mystery injuries and them two didn´t play tonight.
So team Finland might just be in a need of the services from The Juice.

This is a bit strange, but I am actually hoping that someone will get injured so that JJ can get into Team Finland. As with defencemen, this goes with JJ: If you don't notice him, he's probably playing well. Further explanation: The defencemen don't see him either. He's there, he does not make noise out of himself and to surprise of many, he does the goal that is needed.As the saying goes: "If Jussi scores, the team wins!"

Need something else to talk about other than Ray Whitney, trade deadlines, #1 draft picks and chances of making the playoffs.  This is as good a subject as any.  Time to bump this one up.

Here's to Jussi, my favorite fin who is now:

• LEADING the Canes in goals with 23
  • 2nd on the team for points with 49 (one point behind Staal)
  • Is currently working a 9 game point streak
  • Always has a look of extreme appreciation for the fans on his face whenever he takes a bow for the three stars
Another brilliant move by JR to acquire this guy while getting rid of our junk at the same time.  I hope he can keep the mojo and get himself 30 this year.

jussi-jokinen-my-favorite-former-star-ev 

Kinda funny to think that Jussi could end up being that top line winger to play with Staal.   At least for this year its been Jussi.

Yea that's kinda what i was getting at when I started the thread. AT 27 still gotta lot of good years and if this kind of yearly production were to continue, might be that guy for long term. He does seem to appreciate the love he;s getting from fans and may think he's found a home. Its funny but his stats are better than a lot of guys you hear the SS moniker attached to in other markets and goal production is right there with Kane in chicago. I guess i just like his low-key nature and I think he fits well here in Carolina.( the state as well as the Franchise).

Since Sami Kapanen played there i have been a Canes fan. I was tormented during the years when you had no
finns in your lineup. There has to be something special there because finnish players seem to flourish in NC.
Maybe add a few more of ´em ?

Since Sami Kapanen played there i have been a Canes fan. I was tormented during the years when you had no

finns in your lineup. There has to be something special there because finnish players seem to flourish in NC.

For some reason, all the Finns that come here have great sucess. Its really great!

I am confident that Jussi is the new winger for Staal. Jokinen is smart enough to slip into a position where the other team wont notince him because they are focusing on staal. Look at his goal in the Panthers game; Both defensemen and the goalie saw Staal, thought "Oh !@#$" and tried to block Staal. Im rambling, so basicllly i am very excited to see Jokinen/Staal next year, flooring the gas pedal

By the way, do you have any reason why Jokinen was snubbed for the Finnish team> No one here has any clue why that happened,but most are really P.O'ed about it. Thanks

[quote name='ebhughes wrote:

v1atlantis']

For some reason, all the Finns that come here have great sucess. Its really great!

I am confident that Jussi is the new winger for Staal. Jokinen is smart enough to slip into a position where the other team wont notince him because they are focusing on staal. Look at his goal in the Panthers game; Both defensemen and the goalie saw Staal, thought "Oh !@#$" and tried to block Staal. Im rambling, so basicllly i am very excited to see Jokinen/Staal next year, flooring the gas pedal

By the way, do you have any reason why Jokinen was snubbed for the Finnish team> No one here has any clue why that happened,but most are really P.O'ed about it. Thanks

Jalonen said on the interview that he thinks Filppula is more of an all around player than Jussi. Or he did not say it, but he meant it. He also said that Filppula is expected to take some defensive duties away from M. Koivu and Ruutu , and let them work their magic.

I guess there´s a strong logic there.But still , i would have taken Jussi over Peltonen or Filppula, but that´s just me.

JUSSI WATCH!!!!

Jussi Jokinen is just a mere 5 goals away from hitting that great standard of 30 goals. Just thought I would bring this post back to the top, b/c Jussi is now far and away my favorite Cane.

Also, Jussi is only 8 goals away from matching the best goal production by one Justin Williams. Go Jussi! Bring to us what JWilly left

Our cunning plan to hijack this message board to Finns is going as planned.happy.gif 

30 goals from Juice. If he can keep this pace up it will only take a couple of games until he reaches that milestone. Good job.

Just amazing and in a year where we have had trouble scoring. On top of everything he scores on the shootout and on the big stage in the playoffs. Clearly Jussi is core. Simply JR's finest cast off move ever. And we get to yell Oh say can JUSSI every game. Can he do it next year? Of course he can, but anything over 20 goals is still great production from him.

I think that without Whitney, Staal, Pitkanen and maybe Ruutu, Jussi would not be such good goal scorer like now. Glad that he is doing well after ruff time in Tampa bay etc..

your probably right, but the thing is, there are only around a dozen players in the league right now who can do the things they do without talented teammates. DONT END MY JUSSI PARTY!!

Hat trick tonight!

What IF he never scores again ?  
panic.gif Panic/freakout emoticon image by tanuki-kage
Quick atlantis, take it back! You have obviously jinxed my favorite player! (or maybe its the playing on the second line, who knows?) 

[quote name='ebhughes wrote:

v1atlantis']What IF he never scores again ?  
panic.gif Panic/freakout emoticon image by tanuki-kage

Quick atlantis, take it back! You have obviously jinxed my favorite player! (or maybe its the playing on the second line, who knows?) 

Ok , i take it back. I didnt think i could jinx him from this far. Damn i´m good wink.gif

He will score two goals tonight.  

Allright, this is getting absurd. I am sure that no one here will disagree when i say that, while playing with Staal/Ray on the tope line, Jokinen is an absolute goal scoring machine. He plays almost like Teemu Selanne, getting into the scoring zones undetected, taking that pass/rebound/misplay and whacking it in for the goal. When playing with Staal/Ray, Jokinen can do this, because the other team denotes most of their atention to the aforementioned two, and because they have the ability to get in the zone, and set up play so Jussi can work his magic.

Playing with Suter and Ruutu, who are "go in, do damage get out" type players (to me at least) is totally counter productive to what the Juice can do. Which begs the question; Why is he on the Second line, and not the first.

A- The coaches do not see Jussi's potential as a goal scorer (I call this one- he is leading the team in goals right now and has not scored in forever)

B-The coaches are trying to throw games, but moving Staal/Whitney off the top line is too obvious

C-The coaches are trying to spread the scoring around, so that the opposition does not have to only focus on the top line (which was a problem with Juice/Staal/Whitney)

D-The team is going to resign Jokinen this offseason, and they do not want to pay him gargantuan amounts of money, esp. with Staal inked for so long and so much. Hence, they are limiting his productivity (YAY Tin Foil Hat and Homer Glassespimp.gif)

I for one do not understand why LaRose gets the call up before jokinen, which leads me to believe that they are looking to spread around the scoring. But its not working.

Move Jussi to the top line NOW so he can hit that glorious 30 goal plateau! To me, he has proven to be that top line winger we so desperately need

C sounds possible. How about E - the coaches aren't as obsessed with who is on the top line as many fans are, or F - they are experimenting now rather than in the fall? grin.gif As for D, he is already signed through next year.

Allright, this is getting absurd. I am sure that no one here will disagree when i say that, while playing with Staal/Ray on the tope line, Jokinen is an absolute goal scoring machine. He plays almost like Teemu Selanne, getting into the scoring zones undetected, taking that pass/rebound/misplay and whacking it in for the goal. When playing with Staal/Ray, Jokinen can do this, because the other team denotes most of their atention to the aforementioned two, and because they have the ability to get in the zone, and set up play so Jussi can work his magic.

Playing with Suter and Ruutu, who are "go in, do damage get out" type players (to me at least) is totally counter productive to what the Juice can do. Which begs the question; Why is he on the Second line, and not the first.

A- The coaches do not see Jussi's potential as a goal scorer (I call this one- he is leading the team in goals right now and has not scored in forever)

B-The coaches are trying to throw games, but moving Staal/Whitney off the top line is too obvious

C-The coaches are trying to spread the scoring around, so that the opposition does not have to only focus on the top line (which was a problem with Juice/Staal/Whitney)

D-The team is going to resign Jokinen this offseason, and they do not want to pay him gargantuan amounts of money, esp. with Staal inked for so long and so much. Hence, they are limiting his productivity (YAY Tin Foil Hat and Homer Glassespimp.gif)

I for one do not understand why LaRose gets the call up before jokinen, which leads me to believe that they are looking to spread around the scoring. But its not working.

Move Jussi to the top line NOW so he can hit that glorious 30 goal plateau! To me, he has proven to be that top line winger we so desperately need

..or the more obvious that the coaching staff is inept.  There is simply no reason after Sutter returned to put Jussi on his line at wing.  Furthermore, putting Cole with Staal and Whitney accomplishes nothing.  Not now, not later, not ever.  I'm amazed at how stubborn they've been with this move, which has negatively impacted the team's play.  Put Jussi back with Staal and Whitney and let him thrive.