The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniacmaniacm

Justin Peters...

Justin Peters is the man, loved the interview and thought he played really well. There was good effort there and he was really kicking out the pucks and not giving up any rebounds. He looks really wide in net to me but also looks to be pretty quick for his size, very impressed so far.

This was great to see... it definitely made it easy to be happy for him. If Cam's not healthy by Thursday, maybe I'll see him play in person?

He was amazing in his first NHL start and deserved the win, big time.  Yeah the interview was very touching, I had the NHL Network going as I worked on my laptop and ended up seeing the interview about 6 times (lol) on their NHL on the Fly highlights/news show.  Can't say enough good things about him and this team.  I'd love to know what Rod was telling him as the Canes surrounded him and congratulated him on the win at the end of the game.  Rod was really talking his ear off... He did say that Cam was texting him today, too - giving him support and words of encouragement.

I hope he gets more playing time, too.  He was really impressive tonight!

Justin Peters is the man, loved the interview and thought he played really well. There was good effort there and he was really kicking out the pucks and not giving up any rebounds. He looks really wide in net to me but also looks to be pretty quick for his size, very impressed so far.

yeah he looks real big in net.. Wasn't sure if all his Size, or he  went to the 'garth snow" school of goaltending, esp as playing Islanders.. j/k : )

he's listed at 6'1 205, which is same height as Cam ,just 20lbs heavier, so think mostly him

Huge Kudos to Justin for that first "W", here's hoping the first of many...

I did not have a chance to watch the game, just watched the highlight and he looked pretty good. I wanna see his interview. Do you have any link or anywhere to read?

I did not have a chance to watch the game, just watched the highlight and he looked pretty good. I wanna see his interview. Do you have any link or anywhere to read?

Im trying to find a link....no results yet.

[quote name='caniacmaniacm wrote:

Nate31']I did not have a chance to watch the game, just watched the highlight and he looked pretty good. I wanna see his interview. Do you have any link or anywhere to read?

Im trying to find a link....no results yet.Thanks. I found the link.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc58b6_justin-peters-interview-2610_sport

I hope he got more chances. It must be a tough situation when Cam Ward is back. By the way, did he get the puck like Tripp said right after the game?

Great first game for a upcoming talented goaltender. If he makes it to the backup position behind Cam, I hope they play him more than they let Leighton play. I attribute Leighton's lackluster performances for the 'Canes due to not playing in enough games.

While it was just one game and the Islanders scoring prowess lately is much more AHL than NHL, Peters did look good, very composed. While many would like a veteran to back up Cam (and in many ways that makes sense mainly because young guys who never see playing time don't develop *cough* Leighton), there is an advantage to not paying much for a decent back up.

I agree with wanting to see more of Peters.

Awesome game, very touching interview. Hopefully just the first of many Ws to come Peter's way playing for the Canes. I too hope that if he gets the "#2" spot next season that he gets more games than Leighton. Mo has got to cut this riding the goalie for 4 weeks straight garbage out for more than one reason. I love Cam just as much as the next guy/gal, but I want to see our backup more than once a month!!! I digress, it was awesome watching Peters get his first W.

Camera seems to be held with someone with tremors but none the less if you can stick through it the final punch by Peters is awesome.

goalie fight..