The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
formerwhalerfan

Does Joni Pitkanen have a wrist shot?

I was debating whether my next jersey would be a Gleason or Pitkanen. The question was answered tonight with that point shot. Congratulations Joni, you just cost me, but made the Canes some more money. Joni was a beast tonight against Florida. He lost the puck skating up the left boards in the 2nd period, he turned around, caught up to the player that stripped him, and returned the favor. The man is a beast. At one point tonight, one of the Florida wingers fell at Joni's feet, and Joni had a little 'fun' with him behind the play....mruahahahaha.

I was debating whether my next jersey would be a Gleason or Pitkanen. The question was answered tonight with that point shot. Congratulations Joni, you just cost me, but made the Canes some more money. Joni was a beast tonight against Florida. He lost the puck skating up the left boards in the 2nd period, he turned around, caught up to the player that stripped him, and returned the favor. The man is a beast. At one point tonight, one of the Florida wingers fell at Joni's feet, and Joni had a little 'fun' with him behind the play....mruahahahaha.
Joni's goal was all sorts of awesome!  With the gift card from my bosses two Christmases ago, I got an authentic black Joni jersey.  Love it!!! 

Don't worry, he cost me last season too, and all the Finns just cost me this season.  I just said that if he got a goal I'd get a new tattoo, little did I know that goal would come the very next night.  LOL  Now I get more ink because of Ruu's hat trick a while ago, and the Finnish Hat Trick that happened last night!  It's not like I needed it, just an excuse to get another one.  laugh.gif

IMO Joni is a much better player than Kabs was but he seems to have alot of the same lazy tendencies on the blue line.Yes i know he is an offensive d-man but he still has the defensive  responsibilities on  his half of the ice. He just gets very lackadaisical on the blue line and yes he does take some dumb penalties. He is so remembered for his great passing and skatingbut, with that said that is only half of his job and where would everyone be if thay were only half responsible for their duties. I think as he gets older and gets more experience he will be a very good all around d-man not just a offensive d-man.Hopefully sooner than later!!

Um,, I think he does have a wrister,just have really seen much of it.

[quote name='colliefan wrote:

TSA']To answer the original question of the thread:

See Pitkanen's PP goal #1 tonight against the Panthers
wink.gif

That shot was a laser.  Volkun had no chance of stopping that shot

I was there right at the section where he was taking the shot. Went straight in like Wow!!!

[quote name='GhoulieGirl wrote:

fpsndiver']I was debating whether my next jersey would be a Gleason or Pitkanen. The question was answered tonight with that point shot. Congratulations Joni, you just cost me, but made the Canes some more money. Joni was a beast tonight against Florida. He lost the puck skating up the left boards in the 2nd period, he turned around, caught up to the player that stripped him, and returned the favor. The man is a beast. At one point tonight, one of the Florida wingers fell at Joni's feet, and Joni had a little 'fun' with him behind the play....mruahahahaha.

Joni's goal was all sorts of awesome!  With the gift card from my bosses two Christmases ago, I got an authentic black Joni jersey.  Love it!!! 

Don't worry, he cost me last season too, and all the Finns just cost me this season.  I just said that if he got a goal I'd get a new tattoo, little did I know that goal would come the very next night.  LOL  Now I get more ink because of Ruu's hat trick a while ago, and the Finnish Hat Trick that happened last night!  It's not like I needed it, just an excuse to get another one.  laugh.gif

Hey there ghouliegirl...were you sitting in 314E last night?  Cheering on "butters"?????  If so, that was me and my son next to you.

[quote name='fpsndiver wrote:

GhoulieGirl wrote:

fpsndiver']I was debating whether my next jersey would be a Gleason or Pitkanen. The question was answered tonight with that point shot. Congratulations Joni, you just cost me, but made the Canes some more money. Joni was a beast tonight against Florida. He lost the puck skating up the left boards in the 2nd period, he turned around, caught up to the player that stripped him, and returned the favor. The man is a beast. At one point tonight, one of the Florida wingers fell at Joni's feet, and Joni had a little 'fun' with him behind the play....mruahahahaha.

Don't worry, he cost me last season too, and all the Finns just cost me this season.  I just said that if he got a goal I'd get a new tattoo, little did I know that goal would come the very next night.  LOL  Now I get more ink because of Ruu's hat trick a while ago, and the Finnish Hat Trick that happened last night!  It's not like I needed it, just an excuse to get another one. 
laugh.gif

Hey there ghouliegirl...were you sitting in 314E last night?  Cheering on "butters"?????  If so, that was me and my son next to you.Nope, wasn't me.  I sit down in section 101 row d seat 1.  Right were Ron the Ref is during intermissions.  I'm normally in my Finland baseball hat though, or carrying around posters in Finnish.  smile.gif   I am hoping to get my new ink during the break though. 

[quote name='robcantplayhockey wrote:

TSA']To answer the original question of the thread:

See Pitkanen's PP goal #1 tonight against the Panthers
wink.gif

Wasn't the shot a slap shot?  From what I remember her was in the corner and one-timed it.

Maybe it was a wristshot disguised as slapper.

Hey ducks fan here. i have a question regarding pitkanen. The ducks are desperatly seeking a top 4 D man who's capable of eating big minutes and pitkanen's name has been thrown around. i haven't see pitkanen play much this year and his +- is not to hot. Anyway my question is, what is his status regarding his availability and what do you think it would take from the ducks to make a deal? Also could you guys give me a run down on his game? I know he eats big minutes and is a good puck mover but how is he in his own zone?

He is a great set-up guy and puck carrier...very strong on the puck. He has a tendency to pinch a lot. His is deceptive, because he gets put on the ice in the clutch moments every game...so he takes a brunt of the situations that can cause the -. If our early season had been as good as our season of late, I imagine his would be a lot different. He is a cardiovascular gorilla, there are none better for big minutes, and he recovers very quickly.

Trade value.....hmmmmm First round pick, and a top prospect for a rental of Pits...but we'll want him back. Pitkanen is a big piece of our future, at least in my opinion.

Actually liquid-1, he wouldn't be a rental. Pitkanen is signed through 2010-11, so a cap hit would be have to be consumed.  He's due to make 4.5 mil next year.  Our GM has said he's untouchable earlier in the season but we have heard more relaxed statements over the last month or so.  So, what's to offer?

Hmm i was thinking something along the lines of

Ducks get

Joni Pitkanen

Canes get

2010 1st round pick

mark mitera

ryan carter

steve eminger

Nicholas deshemps

how's that sound?

Hmm i was thinking something along the lines of

Ducks get