The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canes-in-7

Zack boychuck gets first goal!

Way to go Boychuk!!!!!!!!  You knew that could happen any game.  The kid is nimble and sees.  His assist the other night to A. Ward was sick.  He deserved this goal.

Don't forget Canes-in-7 about 2009 Paridis.....getting us Tlusty.  I wonder if that was the plan all along?  I think that for a 'non-traditional' smaller franchise...that our General Manager is a sheer genius.  The little faux pais earlier this season was just a fluke.  We'll still be a force to reckon with in seasons to come. 

Last night Boychuck became ManChuck! Scored his first goal, and was all over the place. He goes to the goal like nobody else on this team, and shoots from anywhere.

Two others commented to me that he made a huge difference with Sutter and Ruutu vs Dwyer. I agree.

Congratulations Zack!!! I knew you could do it. Looking forward to many more.

Just imaging what the draft could bring us this year. More than likely a top 5 pick. Probably another 1st round pick for Ray. 3 - 2nd round picks. Lots of flexibility for JR & the scouting staff this year.

Yea he improving rapidly. From my seats behind goal, easy to see offensive aggressiveness as he works in two lanes almost every time down the ice. Seemed more speed is by product of confidence and believing he belongs at this level. I noticed several times last night also working into passing lanes that jersey wanted to use and for the first time last night i think he can be a great player. yea the future looks bright at this time, and in acouple years we could have two top rated lines if he and brandon continue at this pace. I also like the saavy that the organization has shown in bringing these young guys along at a whole season's pace and not letting them feel pressure to rise to NHL level at first opportunity. Whoever said for the size of the market JR may be best gm in sports may be on to something. He shows a lot of Moxie. GO YOUNG CANES

Way to go Boychuk!!!!!!!!  You knew that could happen any game.  The kid is nimble and sees.  His assist the other night to A. Ward was sick.  He deserved this goal.

Don't forget Canes-in-7 about 2009 Paridis.....getting us Tlusty.  I wonder if that was the plan all along?  I think that for a 'non-traditional' smaller franchise...that our General Manager is a sheer genius.  The little faux pais earlier this season was just a fluke.  We'll still be a force to reckon with in seasons to come. 

Good point, and kinda funny how its working out, that we end up with OTHER"s #1 for our #1's..

be it gleason for johnson, ruuto for ladd or tlusty for paradis.. kind of a strange coincidence- and while think Jr done a "decent job".. i'd not go as far as 'genius".. esp with Picks like tanabe, igor and even jack johnson.. I put it more into the 'smart and hard working" category to get something for what seems like may be nothing : )

Congratulations Zack!!! I knew you could do it. Looking forward to many more.

Just imaging what the draft could bring us this year. More than likely a top 5 pick. Probably another 1st round pick for Ray. 3 - 2nd round picks. Lots of flexibility for JR & the scouting staff this year.

Yep going to be an exciting draft- we have much flexibility, be it depending on where we end up, moving up or even just staying put and accumulating talent.. many ways to play this out with Likely 2 #1s and 3 #'2

Yea he improving rapidly. From my seats behind goal, easy to see offensive aggressiveness as he works in two lanes almost every time down the ice. Seemed more speed is by product of confidence and believing he belongs at this level. I noticed several times last night also working into passing lanes that jersey wanted to use and for the first time last night i think he can be a great player. yea the future looks bright at this time, and in acouple years we could have two top rated lines if he and brandon continue at this pace. I also like the saavy that the organization has shown in bringing these young guys along at a whole season's pace and not letting them feel pressure to rise to NHL level at first opportunity. Whoever said for the size of the market JR may be best gm in sports may be on to something. He shows a lot of Moxie. GO YOUNG CANES
he is undersized, so needs the right mix and players on line, but he has learned alot and that is what impressed me saturday. he was def. overmatched his first time up and it showed, and the best thing you can say about a young player, is when called up again, looked like he "fit", and not obviously overmatched, which means he's learning, taking coaching and getting better. Like sending him down for the Olympic break to keep working on game, and bring him back up after the break again and see if can stick

I've said it before. This kid is going to score a lot of goals. He's shown flashes, and he's still figuring it out. His first game up he got more looks than the whole team had for about 10 games. Once he puts it together he's going to be very good. He's got the rest of this year and the offseason to get even better a'la Sutter, and he will. Tlusty too. Guys gotta get minutes at the NHL level eventually to get it down. One good thing about this mostly dismal year (other than a high pick) is our yutes getting that NHL level ice time when it hardly counts. 

I've said it before. This kid is going to score a lot of goals. He's shown flashes, and he's still figuring it out. His first game up he got more looks than the whole team had for about 10 games. Once he puts it together he's going to be very good. He's got the rest of this year and the offseason to get even better a'la Sutter, and he will. Tlusty too. Guys gotta get minutes at the NHL level eventually to get it down. One good thing about this mostly dismal year (other than a high pick) is our yutes getting that NHL level ice time when it hardly counts. 
Sutter rise this year, really has suprised me.. and with cullen gone, we haven't missed a beat yet, with brandon picking his game up, and like saw on saturday, he is Positionally very sound on the PK, which was a cullen assest that IMO always got overlooked, Sutter made some real nice plays on the PK saturday and that is needed.

I'm Still on the fence on tlusty, but really liked the improvement of boychuck more...