The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Team Finland: following Ruutu and Pitkanen in the Olympics

Does anyone know if the game will be televised on the internet? I would love to be able to watch it from work, or at least have it going on in the back ground.

I think jb_online had a link to a feed.  Since the games aren't NHL owned games, there wont be any issue posting links here. smile.gif

Forgot to mention I saw several Team Finland jersey's in the arena for the NJ game.  Saw a Pitkanen jersey on someone sitting on the glass for warm ups and a Ruutu jersey on someone in the premier concession area pre-game too.  Pretty nice looking jersey's, Im willing to bet the Ruutu jersey I saw belonged to Dreamie wink.gif

You can see live streams of hockey and curling on the NBC Olympics site at the URL below, but the bad news is that they will ask you for what cable or satellite system you use at home and then want the username and password of your cable/satellite online account (or your account number if you don't access your account online). Annoying and unfair to over-the-air viewers, but at least you only have to do it once, and it's free. There's also an alert link where you can sign up for a reminder when something is going to be on.

http://www.nbcolympics.co...o/live-full-replays.html

Team Finland lines against Belarus are:

Filppula- M. Koivu - Ruutu

Hagman- o.jokinen - Miettinen

Lehtinen- S.Koivu - Selänne

Peltonen - N.Kapanen - J.Ruutu

Timonen - Salo

Pitkänen - Kukkonen

Lydman - Lepistö

Starter: Kipper

Backup: Bäckström

I think that Jussi would have been better on the first line with those two than Filppula, But i guess that

Jalonen knows what he is doing. Gold medal is the only option for this team. And i profoundly hate olli jokenen.

Forgot to mention I saw several Team Finland jersey's in the arena for the NJ game.  Saw a Pitkanen jersey on someone sitting on the glass for warm ups and a Ruutu jersey on someone in the premier concession area pre-game too.  Pretty nice looking jersey's, Im willing to bet the Ruutu jersey I saw belonged to Dreamie wink.gif
I was the one in the Pitkanen jersey.  Sporting two Finnish posters.  smile.gif  It's not the newer one, but it's still a Finland jersey.  I would love another one with the newer design on it.  Maybe in the off season. 

Team Finland lines against Belarus are:

Filppula- M. Koivu - Ruutu

Timonen - Salo

Pitkänen - Kukkonen

Lydman - Lepistö

I think that Jussi would have been better on the first line with those two than Filppula, But i guess that

Jalonen knows what he is doing. Gold medal is the only option for this team. And i profoundly hate olli jokenen.

I was heart broken to hear that Jussi wasn't going.  I had a good luck in the Olympics poster for Ruutu and Pitkanen.  Should have had Jussi's name on there too. 

Then you won't get upset when I refer to Olli Jokinen as Ugly Jokinen.  laugh.gif  I keep my camera away from him.

[quote name='GhoulieGirl wrote:

v1atlantis']Team Finland lines against Belarus are:

Filppula- M. Koivu -
Ruutu

Timonen - Salo

Pitkänen -
Kukkonen

Lydman - Lepistö

I was heart broken to hear that Jussi wasn't going.  I had a good luck in the Olympics poster for Ruutu and Pitkanen.  Should have had Jussi's name on there too. 

Then you won't get upset when I refer to Olli Jokinen as Ugly Jokinen.  laugh.gif  I keep my camera away from him.Well you better. Though i think your camera would refuse to work exactly at the time when you try to take a pic of OJ. 

Here in Finland we call Olli  "the great pumpkin head"

Well you better. Though i think your camera would refuse to work exactly at the time when you try to take a pic of OJ. 

Here in Finland we call Olli  "
the great pumpkin head
"

LOL...now that you mention it, he does have a pumpkin head.  roll.gif ugly the great pumpkin head.  I like the sounds of that. 

Jussi Jokinen
This is a good looking man!  What's wrong with you, it's your camera...it takes bad pic'seek.gif

I don't dispute that Jussi is a good looking man.  

The Jokinen we were talking about being ugly and keeping cameras away from was Olli Jokinen.  Completely different Jokinen.  Check our messages, no where was it mentioned that Jussi was ugly.  Now Olli Jokinen on the other hand is another story.    wink.gif   

[quote name='GhoulieGirl wrote:

Blonde-Fan']
Jussi Jokinen
This is a good looking man!  What's wrong with you, it's your camera...it takes bad pic's
eek.gif

I don't dispute that Jussi is a good looking man.  

The Jokinen we were talking about being ugly and keeping cameras away from was Olli Jokinen.  Completely different Jokinen.  Check our messages, no where was it mentioned that Jussi was ugly.  Now Olli Jokinen on the other hand is another story.    wink.gif   Olli Jokinen

OK, but he has a nice smile!  With a helmet on...he can't be that bad...LOL 

Sorry about the confusion...natural blonde!  I was just thinking of Jussi...should have been on the Olympic team with the rest of the guys.

10 hours 49 minutes! I hope to god we don´ t lose this game. First game of the tourney is always hard. Don´t
underestimate Belarus. Its surprisingly good team. KHL based mainly. 

In person, he can be scary. LOL

I firmly believe Jussi should be there with Joni and Tuomo. I'm not Jalonen, so I can only hope he knows what he's doing. smile.gif

olli_jokinen_28611b.jpg

I burn your camera with my gaze!!

Me wants lots of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J24kgBgetI8 , this

and little bit of this

Yeah, sign of things that was , and things that will be  

Just got through watching those, and as we would say here when Ruutu does his thing "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

We don't boo, we RUU!!!

2 hours and counting for the first Finnish game.  Go Team Finland!!!

I'm not a big fan of these first round games, the match ups are so lopsided.  Its fun watching our players but the competition isn't really there.

That said, go Ruutu and Pitkanen smile.gif