The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Swanson

Gleason USA jersey

I would be the person in 101 D with the Gleason USA jersey.  smile.gif 

1.  www.icejerseys.com I worked the phone for about 3 hours the day Tim was named to the Olympic team and went through quite an ordeal to find someone with the blue jerseys in stock.  IceJerseys did not have them at the time but they received a shipment the next day and after filling all the orders they had waiting, Chris called me back and took my order.

2.  Everything is stitched.  The lettering and numbers are Olympic regulation.  The main difference is the letters for the name are individually stitched directly onto the jersey and not onto a "plate" and then the jersey.  A friend also bought a Finland jersey from them and it is stitched in the same manner. 

3.  I ordered the jersey on Friday 2/5 and had it in hand Thursday 2/11 but this is not the norm for customized jerseys.  As I mentioned above, I worked the phone quite a bit and paid a little extra to get it that quickly.

4.  My Nike L fits like the Reebok XL.  I notice it mostly in the length of the torso and sleeves, not as much on the width.  The shoulders fit about the same.

At the time I was making calls, I was told that www.usahockey.com would be getting more in but they were waiting on Nike, so that would be another option.  IceJerseys was extremely helpful and are competitve price-wise though, so I highly recommend them. 

I would be the person in 101 D with the Gleason USA jersey.  smile.gif 

1.  www.icejerseys.com I worked the phone for about 3 hours the day Tim was named to the Olympic team and went through quite an ordeal to find someone with the blue jerseys in stock.  IceJerseys did not have them at the time but they received a shipment the next day and after filling all the orders they had waiting, Chris called me back and took my order.

2.  Everything is stitched.  The lettering and numbers are Olympic regulation.  The main difference is the letters for the name are individually stitched directly onto the jersey and not onto a "plate" and then the jersey.  A friend also bought a Finland jersey from them and it is stitched in the same manner. 

3.  I ordered the jersey on Friday 2/5 and had it in hand Thursday 2/11 but this is not the norm for customized jerseys.  As I mentioned above, I worked the phone quite a bit and paid a little extra to get it that quickly.

4.  My Nike L fits like the Reebok XL.  I notice it mostly in the length of the torso and sleeves, not as much on the width.  The shoulders fit about the same.

At the time I was making calls, I was told that www.usahockey.com would be getting more in but they were waiting on Nike, so that would be another option.  IceJerseys was extremely helpful and are competitve price-wise though, so I highly recommend them. 

Thanks so much for answering all my questions. I sit in 130 and saw you at the game but was not able to get over to 101 to ask you about it.  It looked awesome and I'm insanely jealous!

I would absolutely not order my jersey from nhl.com.  I did call them in my quest for the USA blue and they DO have them in stock.  However, they ONLY offer screen print and the price is no different.  You'll never catch me in a screen print jersey by choice.

My question is, how hard is the wallet hit? That's gotta be 300$? Right?
More like $203 if you order from icejerseys.com ($124 for the jersey plus $79 for the personalization - forgot to check if they add shipping). I paid almost that much for my LaRose jersey at the Eye (fortunately I got the STH discount). Still - a lot - my LaRose jersey is the second most expensive clothing purchase ever - next to my *wedding dress* laugh.gif.

I would order from NHL.com

that is where I have ordered my Team Finland T. Ruutu jersey

Do not buy anything customized from NHL.com, that is if you don't want cheap screen printed numbers on your stuff.

I'm bouncing off the walls - I got my Gleason USA Alternate jersey today and it is fantastic!  Excellent quality - fully stitched/sewn and double layered shoulders.  No screen print stuff... basically nothing about it is cheap, it's all top quality.  It is the most I have spent on a jersey ($200.98 to be exact), BUT it is also the BEST looking jersey I own, and it fits so well.  I look like a million bucks in this thing... I just need to check someone into the boards and break it in.

If anyone wants to order one and needs pics or info, PM me and I'll help you out.  I got it from USCHO (http://shop.uscho.com/Store_Gear_Product_Merchandise/International-Hockey-Jersey/C_ID-10849/index.mhtml).  I warn you though, it did take a long time because they had to customize it, of course, but the actual shipping time was pretty quick (4 days).  I ordered it the day they released Gleason's number, which was what, two weeks ago?  It was expected the be shipped on the 22nd and I got it today.

I just received my Gleason jersey from NHL.com.  I'm sure its not the best replica out there but I'm okay with it.  It's a good quality jersey for a $100 bucks cheaper than some of sites referenced on here.  There is no screenprinting, if I understand what that means exactly.  Everything is stitched.  I'll be wearing it Thursday for Staal bobblehead night. Go Timmy!