The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniacbeej

Will Olympic Players Have Letdown?

I would think there definitely will be a let down for our players since they just competed at a late playoff level of intensity, only to come back to a team who likely won't be playing for anything but their pride and for their jobs for next season.  For players returning to teams in the hunt, they should be amped up and ready to spark their teams.

On a somewhat similar theme.... if I'm the NJ Devils, I'd be a little concerned about my goal tending situation heading into the playoffs.

I would think there definitely will be a let down for our players since they just competed at a late playoff level of intensity, only to come back to a team who likely won't be playing for anything but their pride and for their jobs for next season.  For players returning to teams in the hunt, they should be amped up and ready to spark their teams.

On a somewhat similar theme.... if I'm the NJ Devils, I'd be a little concerned about my goal tending situation heading into the playoffs.

Honestly, Devs fans have been concerned about it for 3 years now. But it's been globally exposed now. Marty's been a very long leash with no return in recent years.

One bad game doesn't warrant panic. Yes, it was bad timing to do it in front of a global audience, but such is life.

[quote name='Bing_Chow wrote:

TSA']

One bad game doesn't warrant panic. Yes, it was bad timing to do it in front of a global audience, but such is life.One bad game wouldn't warrant panic but not being able to shut the door in the big games for the last few seasons would sure make me question his ability to get it done.  I could be very wrong and he may take the Devils to the finals but when was the last big playoff series he's won past round #1?

Wasn't scared of Marty last year entering the playoffs against the Devils.  Not one bit.  Based upon the number of games he plays in the regular season at his age, you have to wonder how he has anything left for the big games.  If I'm the Devils, I'm concerned, but they will likely roll the dice with Marty one more time.