The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dg72383

All-star game in Raleigh for 2011 now official! 1/29 & 1/30

So I'm renewing my 12 game pack for next year and am hoping to get an All-Star game ticket since it says we'll be given priority to get a Skills Comp. ticket or AS Game ticket.  I can't wait for October now. smokin.gif

And we wonder why the Canadian fans gives us such a hard time :rollseyes

Damien Cox, The Toronto Star:
  My thumb is down to the announcement that the 2011 NHL All-Star Game will be held in Raleigh, North Carolina. First of all, did anybody miss the fact that the league didn't hold one this year? It would have been fine with them not doing it again next year. And Raleigh - how can Raleigh possibly go up to the standards that we last saw at the All-Star Game which was in Montreal and was fabulous. It was almost yesterday that we watched the Hurricanes give up a record three shorthanded goals in one powerplay. It was kind of like the hockey gods were saying "no, no, no, no". Bad idea to take the All-Star Game to Raleigh.

So what is it?  Does he have a problem with the Allstar game?  Does he think that the high standards of Montreal cant be replicated?  Cant anyone wear striped pajamas and get implicated in some organized crime scandal?  And his whole credibility is based on the hockey gods?  He better be careful cause those same hockey gods have obviously been watching over his beloved Leafs. laugh.gif

I would say that anything that we do, that is then disagreed with by a canadian blogger, is a good thing. It doesn't matter what this fool thinks. If he's basing it off of two minutes of hockey I am sure we could find 2 minutes in the history of the montreal canadians that should state that they should not even exist. Anyway, Raleigh is gonna do it up big, I just hope that the pregame meal is smithfields ovechkin and barbecue and bright leaf hot dogs. There really would be no other way to do it.

I would say that anything that we do, that is then disagreed with by a canadian blogger, is a good thing. It doesn't matter what this fool thinks. If he's basing it off of two minutes of hockey I am sure we could find 2 minutes in the history of the montreal canadians that should state that they should not even exist. Anyway, Raleigh is gonna do it up big, I just hope that the pregame meal is smithfields ovechkin and barbecue and bright leaf hot dogs. There really would be no other way to do it.
Buddy, no RED hot dogs!  That just ain't right.

let me ask you the question, would you rather eat something red and delicious or tan that looks like a pigs *+!!? Im not from here, I am well traveled, I have had many a dog in my day. There ain't none better than a good red carolina packer in a bun. And they match the uni's so there ya go.

Anyway, we need to start a thread with the 5 players we are going to vote in as starters for the allstar game, If montreal can do it, so can we. I'm voting for Staal, Ruutu, Jokinen, Gleason, McBain and Ward obviously. I know it will be tough, but we can do it.

Another Idea i've had for Allstar weekend, to go above and beyond tailgating. We should have a whole weekend music festival going on at the same time, Not too much that it overtakes the all star festivities but enough where people are camping out at the fairgrounds and enjoying a complete weekend excursion with nothing but music, hockey, and (bringing them back) Red Hot Dogs. (Maybe we could get Scorpions to headline leading up to the big game)

And we wonder why the Canadian fans gives us such a hard time :rollseyes

My thumb is down to the announcement that the 2011 NHL All-Star Game will be held in Raleigh, North Carolina. First of all, did anybody miss the fact that the league didn't hold one this year? It would have been fine with them not doing it again next year. And Raleigh - how can Raleigh possibly go up to the standards that we last saw at the All-Star Game which was in Montreal and was fabulous. It was almost yesterday that we watched the Hurricanes give up a record three shorthanded goals in one powerplay. It was kind of like the hockey gods were saying "no, no, no, no". Bad idea to take the All-Star Game to Raleigh.

So what is it?  Does he have a problem with the Allstar game?  Does he think that the high standards of Montreal cant be replicated?  Cant anyone wear striped pajamas and get implicated in some organized crime scandal?  And his whole credibility is based on the hockey gods?  He better be careful cause those same hockey gods have obviously been watching over his beloved Leafs. laugh.gif

I'll take same crap different day for $200 Alex. Who really cares what the Canadian elitist think anymore about hockey in the south?  It will never change, why even waste your time with it.  And they wonder why the cup left Canada 17 years ago and has not been seen since....

[quote name='Faceoff-ch1 wrote:

fkelly']And we wonder why the Canadian fans gives us such a hard time :rollseyes

So what is it?  Does he have a problem with the Allstar game?  Does he think that the high standards of Montreal cant be replicated?  Cant anyone wear striped pajamas and get implicated in some organized crime scandal?  And his whole credibility is based on the hockey gods?  He better be careful cause those same hockey gods have obviously been watching over his beloved Leafs.
laugh.gif

I'll take same crap different day for $200 Alex. Who really cares what the Canadian elitist think anymore about hockey in the south?  It will never change, why even waste your time with it.  And they wonder why the cup left Canada 17 years ago and has not been seen since....

That was kinda my point.  That, and the fact that this guy looks like a complete tool for putting such intellectual thoughts in print.

Anyway, we need to start a thread with the 5 players we are going to vote in as starters for the allstar game, If montreal can do it, so can we. I'm voting for Staal, Ruutu, Jokinen, Gleason, McBain and Ward obviously. I know it will be tough, but we can do it.

You'll never convince me that a red hot dog is the way to go but I'm with ya on this one.  PS: do you work for the sponsor? laugh.gif

That was kinda my point.  That, and the fact that this guy looks like a complete tool for putting such intellectual thoughts in print.

I have to say I disagree with you on that one.  I find tools to be very useful.  laugh.gif

For anybody that knows...............

If i get season tickets in the 300's, could i buy tickets in the 100's for the game?  I talked to a representative today, and he said he didn't know but he doubted if it was possible or not.

[quote name=PenaltyKiller17]For anybody that knows...............

If i get season tickets in the 300's, could i buy tickets in the 100's for the game?  I talked to a representative today, and he said he didn't know but he doubted if it was possible or not.I dont think any of the 100's will be available to the public, the NHL basically takes over the whole lower bowl.  At least that's how it was in Atlanta.

I remember you saying that earlier in the thread, but i just chalked that up to Atlanta not having a strong enough fan base to sell lower level tickets at an advanced price.  I don't think the RBC Center would have a problem getting people in the door, seeing as though we have a lot of fans from other teams around here (Buffalo, Pitt, DC, Chicago, etc) that would also want to go.  The representative told me if you want lower level tickets for the game, you should get LL season tickets, but i just don't have the money for that.

I remember you saying that earlier in the thread, but i just chalked that up to Atlanta not having a strong enough fan base to sell lower level tickets at an advanced price.  I don't think the RBC Center would have a problem getting people in the door, seeing as though we have a lot of fans from other teams around here (Buffalo, Pitt, DC, Chicago, etc) that would also want to go.  The representative told me if you want lower level tickets for the game, you should get LL season tickets, but i just don't have the money for that.

Can't say I've ever heard that one. I was under the impression it didnt have anything to do with being able to sell out the lower bowl but everything to do with how many seats the NHL releases, I could be wrong.  I'd check that out with another rep or at least someone credible in the sales dept.  Who was the rep? (if you dont mind me asking)

I forgot his name.  And he didn't say if you got lower level season tickets you're guaranteed a LL seat, he said that would be your best bet to secure a LL seat.  Either way, i wouldn't necessarily mind sitting in the upper level.  I've sat down low the most, but i've sat at all three levels before, and you get the best view imo at the top/mid level where the glass/penalty box/players aren't obstructing the view of the opposite side of the ice.  But for the skills competitions, i wanted to sit down low.

And as far as when the tickets go on sale, he said he couldn't say for sure, but it'll probably be around time the all star game takes place.  Do you remember how close to the game the tickets went on sale in Atlanta?

Sorry but I don't.  We got ours fairly early, maybe in October?  Not sure exactly when we had the actual tickets in hand.

Karmanos to Reveal All-Star Game Logo Monday

News conference to be held at RBC Plaza in downtown Raleigh

Friday, 07.23.2010 / 1:17 PM / News
By Terrell Williams

RALEIGH, NC—Peter Karmanos Jr., CEO/Owner/Governor of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, will hold a news conference on Monday, July 26, at RBC Plaza in downtown Raleigh. During the news conference, Mr. Karmanos will reveal the logo for the 2011 NHL All-Star Game, which will be held on Sunday, Jan. 30, 2011, at the RBC Center, and will discuss the ongoing preparations for the event.

WHAT: News conference concerning the NHL All-Star Game logo
WHEN: Monday, July 26, 2010, 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: Plaza Condos Amenities Level (23rd floor), RBC Plaza, 301 Fayetteville St., Raleigh
WHO: Hurricanes Owner/CEO/Governor Peter Karmanos Jr., Hurricanes President/General Manager Jim Rutherford, President of the Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau Dennis Edwards, Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce President Harvey Schmitt, President and CEO of Highwoods Properties Ed Fritsch (developer of RBC Plaza)

Agreed jb, I'm hoping for something a bit more professional looking. (congrats on your graduation!)

No live feed on the main page because of the press conference being off site but News14 will go live from today's 1:30pm All-Star logo reveal news conference at RBC Plaza in downtown Raleigh.

Jim Rutherford will be subbing in for Peter Karmanos at the press conference.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/sports/hockey/628515/hurricanes-to-unveil-2011-nhl-all-star-game-logo

I like it, I guess our guys will be wearing this on their jersey's all season

Kind of a side question, if we were to make it to the Stanley Cup finals would we replace the All-Star patch with the Stanley Cup patch, or wear them both?  Kind of a question with no real importance just curious.