The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dg72383

All-star game in Raleigh for 2011 now official! 1/29 & 1/30

Where is the Canes logo???

All of the previous All Star Game logos and patches I've seen had the hosting team's logo on it.

The Hurricane's "swirl" is roughly approximated by the outline of the logo.  That outline also consists of "flying banners" inspired by the state flag of NC.

Subtle, not in your face connection.  I like that.

Official Press Release: Canes Reveal 2011 All Star Game Logo

The banner for the plaza downtown:

RBC_Plaza_Signage_story.jpg

allstarbanner_lineslarge.jpg

FYI the image of the banner on the RBC building is just a mock up, the actual thing won't be done until Saturday during the festival, at which time the merchandise will also become available. (all info on the video on the front page).

I agree that the logo looks great and I love that we were subtle about the aspects.  I can't wait to get my ticket!!!  I hope that they make these look really cool too.  It is going to be really exciting to have the hockey world see Raleigh host the All-Star game!! applaud.gif

For those interested in being the first to get some ASG swag, Mike Sundheim is reporting that:

All-Star merchandise goes on sale during
Raleigh Wide Open
on Saturday, at "Hurricanes Alley."

Raleigh Wide Open 5

Day #1 of RBC Plaza install and all the small windows are complete.

rbcallstarv0.jpg

So I do like the logo ... and thanks for all the interpretation of subtle ... cos you could probably hear the wooshing sound it made as it went way over my head ..... but now I know ... very clever .... I just pray we are in contention for the playoffs when the break happens ... I have said on a different thread - the AS event will be a huge success here ...sold out .. all the players will have a great time .. lots of great comments from visiting players/analysts/reporters about how great the experience it is ..but we need to top it off with "yeah we won the cup made a final & 2 conference finals and we are thereabouts again" to support the "we know hockey, we love hockey and we can play a bit too ..."

No pressure .....

One advantage to having the games here is the big banner can show Staal front and center------(with Ov and Sid

in the back.)  How often have we seen that ?       woohoo.gif

Went to Raleigh Wide Open today.  Building looks great.... I agree it is great to see Staal out front!  ASG stuff was selling very quickly.  Any remaining gear will be stocked in The Eye starting this Monday.  Should have waited for our STH discount, but couldn't wait and stocked up!

Great seeing Stormy and the promo crew having a great time. 

Is it time yet?

Just got this email re. All-Star weekend:

Please be on the lookout for your NHL All-Star Game Weekend ticket information to arrive via mail later this week.  This packet will provide you with more details regarding this special event, and will include your All-Star ticket package order form.

Full Season Ticket Holders and 26-Game Plan Holders have the opportunity to purchase both the Skills Competition on Saturday, Jan. 29 and the All-Star Game on Sunday, January 30 through NHL All-Star Game Weekend ticket packages.  We would like to emphasize that in order to guarantee your access to tickets and that your seats are assigned based on your account priority, your order form, along with payment in full, must be received by Thursday, September 30, 2010With this in mind, we want to provide you with pricing details for these packages now, so that you may begin to make plans accordingly.

NHL All-Star Game Weekend Ticket Package Pricing
Lower Level/Club Level - $260 per seat
Upper Level - $200 per seat

If you have questions regarding the ordering process which are not answered by the information included in the packet you'll receive later this week, please feel free to contact the Carolina Hurricanes Ticket Sales Department at 1-866-NHL-CANEs (1-866-645-2263).

We appreciate your support and look forward to celebrating NHL All-Star Game Weekend with you!

Go 'Canes!!

P.J. Avetta
Manager of Sales & Client Services
Carolina Hurricanes

Notice that the ASW pricing is for both events. Apparently they are not splitting them up yet (if at all).

I have two tix allotted to me and we're not going. I'll take offers on them. However, you must pay up front.

I'll provide full contact info so you dont have to worry about a rip-off. I just want to make a few bucks to offset part of my ST package.

Thanks.

For 12 gamers, they split it out.  This is what my email said:

NHL All-Star Skills Competition- Saturday, Jan. 29

Lower Level/Club Level - $80 per seat

Upper Level - $65 per seat

NHL All-Star Game - Sunday, Jan. 30

Lower Level/Club Level - $180 per seat

Upper Level - $135 per seat

There are also a slew of warnings about how we have low priority, and how we may get one or none of our choosing.

So, I suspect for the full STHer's you are:

- Guaranteed a seat if you buy both

- Probably sacrifice some priority if you would want to split

- Know you'll get something.  They are clear that for the 12 gamers, we are steerage class and may get nothing depending how many of ya'll ahead of us buy.  At least we are a step ahead of the guys in the engine room (general public) which may get no opportunity.  wink.gif