The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
AWACSooner

Scott Walker traded to Capitals

Sad day but Scott is a 'Canes legend for game 7 against Boston. With that said though it is going to be hard for me to root for him with the Caps. It's not in my nature to root for division teams that have a chance at winning the Cup.

Very classy move by JR.  Walker will be an all time favorite kind of player for many people, but he was hardly ever healthy or productive after that first year.  I want Walker to win a Cup so badly, but at the same time I want Washington to continue their usual 1st/2nd round facepalm moments and exit the playoffs early.

Thanks Scott!!

Man I will miss that 5'9" ball of Hate.  Good luck Scotty, get that Cup you deserve it so much.
I can't agree more....  Scott Walker was as tough as they come on the ice and the exact opposite off the ice.  Quiet and reserved but always had a minute for an autograph or picture for the kids.  I will always consider him a Cane, regardless of where he's at.  

I hope to see him hoist the Cup this year...  Even if it means "Over-done-Chicken" gets to as well...

Thanks for all the memories Scott and good luck in your pursuit of Lord Stanley's Cup!!!!

The Caps gained allot of class with signing Scotty. Not too many other guy us from this team that i would love to see hoist the Cup!!

This nan deserves and and earned the rught to raise it and skate with even OVEnchichrnscrewy.gif

Make us proud Scott!!!!!

I will miss scotty's fists. This was a tough one, especially after last year. oooooo Caps vs. Ducks....I feel sorry for A. Ward already smile.gif Good luck Scotty
No worries about the Ducks' making the postseason, cm. I watched the game tonight on Fox Sports West -- I live eight miles northeast of Honda Center, after all -- and got a gut feeling that Aaron, as well as the rest of coach Randy Carlyle's crew, will be wrapping up the season early this year.

Jan/GSBG

This was the best type of acquisition for my Caps.  Scott Walker was the exact type of player they needed.  Corvo is certainly an upgrade over Pothier for us and will play more minutes than Walker, but the Walker trade was my favorite.  We needed a guy that can skate, hit, fight if he has to, and overall toughness we need.  Bradley for toughness was certainly not enough. 

Caps fan here. Anyone else see Walker put up a pair of goals tonight? Good stuff, classy guy in the post game talks. Glad to have him.

Yes, was flipping back and forth to the NHL network, funny to see the lights not come on at the start of the 3rd! Walks had a great game with the last two goals that were backhands, the game winner was vintage Scott Walker, grimy hard working around the net, not pretty but gets the job done. We love Scott as will you guys. Congrats to him.

P.S.  Thanks for Pothier, he played outstanding tonight and made a great stop on a 2 on 1, he doesn't have the shot of a Corvo but you can tell he's a true defenseman and played like it! I won't mind Joe leaving at all with Pots back there.

if it quacks like a duck, its a duck, i to watched game, talk about    sitting back with 3-1  lead, they are done...  that was inexcusable.. oh, walker fits in well.. sit hope in last 3 games, we hit him goodeek.gif

if it quacks like a duck, its a duck, i to watched game, talk about    sitting back with 3-1  lead, they are done...  that was inexcusable.. oh, walker fits in well.. sit hope in last 3 games, we hit him goodeek.gif
Can you please translate?  huh.gif

[quote name='coastal_caniac wrote:

dinz']if it quacks like a duck, its a duck, i to watched game, talk about    sitting back with 3-1  lead, they are done...  that was inexcusable.. oh, walker fits in well.. sit hope in last 3 games, we hit him good
eek.gif

Can you please translate?  huh.gif

It's pretty early in the day to be that wasted.  I think he said the sheriff is near.