The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Law-Dawg

Osala Called Up

Oskar has a huge potential and I know he will be very good in NHL. I have been waiting that he will be called up and I am very happy that he is in Carolina now! Also I would love to see him playing in Helsinki again next autumn!

yahoo.gifI am excited to see Osala play! And he is another Finn, so of course he will be just as awesome as Tuomo, Jussi, and Joni.

Cole has really disappointed me this year, I am over him being on the team and I hope we find a way to unload him.  He does us no good constantly being out.

I hate to say it but hope Cole is out Thursday and Saturday because I would like a chance to see Osala play in person.

Not bad game at all! Let's hope he gets new games soon, and why shouldn't he.
You saw the game? How´ d he do ? I see that he had a bit less than 7 mins of ice time. 1 shot.

Finnish parade to Carolina continues. Soon our national team = Canes.happy.gif 

[quote name='v1atlantis wrote:

Finnjavel']Not bad game at all! Let's hope he gets new games soon, and why shouldn't he.

You saw the game? How´ d he do ? I see that he had a bit less than 7 mins of ice time. 1 shot.

Finnish parade to Carolina continues. Soon our national team = Canes.happy.gif 

I watched the game thru espn360. Good picture quality. I watched the game thru espn360. Good picture quality. I think Oskar did very well.

They talked (Fox or FSN? Carolina) a lot of Oskar during the game and they had a intrview with him on first intermission. Nice guy. With his feet on the ground (ice?) More games, more routine, and we have a solid 3-4th line player next season. He said he felt very comfortabel talking Finnish with his teammates when they explained their system (he had met then last summer in Olympic Team Camp in Finland) . They also told that Oskar all points in Hershey last season and this season are made 5-5 play. No PP.

Yes , he had no pp time in Hershey. I don´t know why. With that big frame of his he should be good at screening the goalie on powerplay. It must be nice to be able to talk some Finnish once in a while. After Lepistö was traded to Phoenix no such thing was possible, unless if Oskar likes to talk to himself.

I thought he played well and was given more time as the game wore on.  He had a nice steal, was physical, responsible and had a good chance or two around the net.  This kid will have a real chance to play with the big boys next year.  I also think that Pothier is playing his way into an extension for next year, he was phenomenal last night...another great sneaky pickup by JR. 

Is he playing tonight ?

He's on the line up sheet for tonight.  However, that doesn't mean he will play.  I hope he does.  I want to watch him live instead of on the TV.  I am hoping that when they get the game day notes out, they will make an announcement about Cole playing or not.

[quote name='v1atlantis wrote:

Finnjavel']Not bad game at all! Let's hope he gets new games soon, and why shouldn't he.

Finnish parade to Carolina continues. Soon our national team = Canes.happy.gif   You better start teaching us  how to sing Finland's national anthem so when we reach   Finland's National team status we know what to do.

I just read Cole is not expected to play but it would be a game time decision. I think Osala will get another crack at it tonight.

Yup, Cole is a game time decision, but I would play Oskar instead of Cole.  Let Cole rest up for Saturday's game. 

Give Oskar more than 6:46 of ice time though.

v1atlantis, love the new avatar.  Very Crosby I must say.

The tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSlAuPOUew4

Words:

Oi maamme, Suomi, synnyinmaa, soi, sana kultainen.Ei laaksoa, ei kukkulaa, ei vettä, rantaa rakkaampaa,

kuin kotimaa tää pohjoinen, maa kallis isien.

On maamme köyhä, siksi jää, jos kultaa kaivannet. Sen vieras kyllä hylkäjää,

mut meille kallein maa on tää,sen salot, saaret, manteret , ne meist on kultaiset.

Ovatpa meille rakkahat koskemme kuohuineen, ikuisten honkain huminat,

täht´yömme, kesät kirkkahat, kaikk´kuvineen ja lauluineen mi painui sydämeen.

Täss auroin, miekoin, miettehin isämme sotivat, kum päivä piili pilvihin

tai loisti onnen paistehin, täss Suomen kansan vaikeimmat he vaivat kokivat.

Tään kansan taistelut ken voi ne kertoella, ken? Kun sota laaksoissamme soi,

ja halla näläntuskan toi, ken mittasi sen hurmehen ja kärsimykset sen?

Täss on sen veri virrannut hyväksi meidänkin, täss iloaan on nauttinut

ja murheitansa huokaillut se kansa, jolle muinaisin kuormamme pantihin.

Tääll´olo meill on verraton ja kaikki suotuisaa, vaikk onni mikä tulkohon,

maa isänmaa se meillä on. Mi maailmass on armaampaa ja mikä kallimpaa?

Ja tässä, täss´ on tämä maa, sen näkee silmämme. me kättä voimme ojentaa

ja vettä rantaa osoittaa ja sanoa: kas tuoss´ on se, maa armas isäimme.

Jos loistoon meitä saatettais vaikk´ kultapilvihin, mis itkien ei huoattais,

vaan tärkein riemun sielu sais, ois tähän köyhään kotihin haluamme kuitenkin.

Totuuden, runon kotimaa maa tuhatjärvinen miss´ elämämme suojan saa,

sa muistojen, sa toivon maa, ain ollos, onnees tyytyen, vapaa ja iloinen.

Sun kukoistukses kuorestaan se kerran puhkeaa, viel lempemme saa hehkullaan

sun toivos, riemus nousemaan, ja kerran, laulus synnyinmaa korkeemman kaiun saa.

Here you go. Have a nice time practising laugh.gif

Ok here are the words in English: 

Our land, our land, our fatherland, Let the dear words ring forth! No hills to heaven their heights expand,

No valley dips, seas wash no strand, More cherished than our home far north, Than this our native land.

Our land is poor, it has no hold  On those who lust for gain,  And strangers pass it proud and cold,

But we, we treasure every grain,  For us, with moor and fell and main,  It is a land of gold.

We love the thunder of our streams,  Our torrent's headlong bound,  Our gloomy forests' mournful themes,

Our starry nights, our summer's beams,  All, all that here by sight or sound  About our hearts is wound.

Here fought our fathers their good fight  With brain and plough and blade. When skies were sullen or were bright,

When all went ill, when all went right,  The Finnish heart bore undismayed  The burden on it laid.

O who can reckon up the tale  Of trials this folk withstood, When battle raged o'er hill and dale,

When frost brought famine in its trail, Who measures all of its outpoured blood And all its fortitude?

And it was here they fought and bled  For us, those men of yore,  And it was here their joys were bred

And it was here their tears were shed, Those who for us our burdens bore So many years before.

This is a sweet and lovely spot,  All, all we need lies here. However fate may cast our lot

A land, a homeland, we have got.. And what is worthier, far or near, To cherish and hold dear?

And here around us lies this land Too near for sight to miss, We have but to stretch forth our hand

And gladly point to lake and strand, And pointing say: See this and this, Our fatherland it is!

And were we wafted to the skies, Their golden fields to till, Should life become a paradise

With no more tears and no more sighs, Yet this poor land of ours would still Our hearts with longing fill.

Land, which a thousand lakelets hast, Where song and honour dwell! Shore upon which our life was cast,

Land of our future and our past! Let not thy poverty thee quell, Be free, rejoice, live well!

Thy bloom, a tender bud till now, Shall burst its bounds ere long; See from our love for thee shall grow

Thy hope and joy, thy fame shall glow, And ringing louder and more strong To Finland raise our song.

You asked for this , so here it is now wink.gif 

Yup, Cole is a game time decision, but I would play Oskar instead of Cole.  Let Cole rest up for Saturday's game. 

Give Oskar more than 6:46 of ice time though.

v1atlantis, love the new avatar.  Very Crosby I must say.

Ain´t it so. Much of that tonight i  predict .wink.gif

The tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSlAuPOUew4

You asked for this , so here it is now wink.gif

I think I better just hum along with the song. You really don't want to hear me sing anyway tmi.gif

I hope Osala gets  few more minutes ice time if he plays tonight. I thought he had a good shift or two with limited ice time against the Caps.

[quote name='OBXer wrote:

v1atlantis']
The tune:

You asked for this , so here it is now
wink.gif

I think I better just hum along with the song. You really don't want to hear me sing anyway tmi.gif

I hope Osala gets  few more minutes ice time if he plays tonight. I thought he had a good shift or two with limited ice time against the Caps.

Humming is good. That´s what majority of us Finns do when we have to sing the anthem . Unless we are drunk . Then the decibel level of singing is unbearably high . 

Osala didn´t play last night. Is he going back to Albany then? 

Sutter was injured last night.  I'd imagine Osala will play Saturday if Sutter cannot skate.  Cole will be moved to the Staal line and Jokinen will center the second line of Ruutu and LaRose just like last night.

Ok. Lets wait and see what happens with that. Hope Sutter didn´t injure himself too badly.

Must not be too bad, Oskar was sent back to Albany today as posted on the twitter feed on the Canes site. 

If Sutter can't play, then they'll recall someone, hopefully Oskar again.

The unofficial word on Osala from things I've read suggest he needs to be better along the boards controlling the puck and using his size.  Kinda what I saw in the first game he played, but he wasn't out their too much.

If Sutter can't go I wouldn't mind another look at Sampson.  He's on a tear.  Nothing against Osala, just sayin ...