The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Jamie McBain gets his 1st call up against the Bruins

http://blogs.newsobserver...-but-gleason-should-play

chip posted this a little while ago, according to coach mo, we may see mcbain and gleason tonight.  or no mcbain at all.  we'll see as we get closer i suppose, but coach mo said he expects gleason to play tonight.  it's a big game; if they leave it up to #6, he'll play.

but i really look forward to seeing mcbain play.  hope he is in the lineup tonight.  hope they both are.

One of the best parts of this year is getting to see our prospects. Since they say defenseman take longer to round into form, it looks like McBain might be a pretty decent puck mover hopefully sooner than later. If he could fill that role as soon as next year, that would open up some very interesting options. Bring Babchuk back and we could pair an offensive guy with a stay at home guy on every pairing at very little cost.

I always try to stoke a little Babchuk talk, but no one ever bites.

Still, I'll be there tonight, hope to see McBain. 

BTW the Simpson's McBain is pretty funny. It would be great to see on the Jumbotron if McBain scored.

If Gleason is ready to go, I'd sit Picard and let McBain ride those emotions.  It would be pretty disappointing to get all the way down here and be told last minute "Your debut in NC will have to wait."

He looked great tonight, I thought. Calm, cool, and collected. Has a nice shot and deft offensive skills. Again it's awesome to see another good prospect that we have. Our minor system has improved greatly over the years with good picks/trades.

McBain will probably be a regular next season. Pothier will walk over the summer, and Picard will be sent packing. The Canes will have a VERY young "D" next season. But I do expect Rutherford to acquire at least one veteran either on draft day or through free agency.

There is always Babchuk. Just sayin.....

C'mon, we still have 2 months before the Great Babchuk Debate begins in the off season. Plenty of time left for folks to picks sides and prepare their attack/defense.   Since this could be the last chance, this summers debate could be epic.  wink.gif

I thought McBain did alright. No huge glaring errors, but with the way the D played last night, how would you have known. Not happy with Picard at all. Pothier was solid, except for the big mistake. There was a nice hit McBain layed on somebody, so that was nice to see. The highlight of my night was the dirty look Gleason gave the Bruin who high sticked him.

Actually, I thought (besides Gleason) McBain was the best defenseman last night. There was zero hesitation in his play, and there was a quickness to his step - unlike SOMEBODY else..not going to mention any names..(cough cough Pitkanen..)

[quote name='TSA wrote:

coastal_caniac']There is always Babchuk. Just sayin.....

C'mon, we still have 2 months before the Great Babchuk Debate begins in the off season. Plenty of time left for folks to picks sides and prepare their attack/defense.   Since this could be the last chance, this summers debate could be epic.  wink.gif

Hey, I not waitin around.  My opinion is polished up and ready.