The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
puckhead63

RESOLUTIONS

forgot to mention that i don't make New Years Resolutions, i am however going to stop smoking, so is hubby or so he says....we have about 8 packs left in the house, we aren't buying anymore....

staalsy between the two of us we have avout 4 days left.....i'm not going to burn up almost $25.00 that i spent,....i do enjoy my smokes.....but well i know it is for the best.....and i've already gotten myself some lifesaves to suck on...

Kerri that's what friends are for...to help each other out...as you can tell i'm still fairly new to the boards....but a few of you stick out in my mind as people i'd like to think of as friends....well most of you...can't think of any that i wouldn't call friend ....

good job! my older bro is still trying to quit! good luck! :D

CHANTIX !!!!!!!

Can't say enough good things about it....made my quitting so much easier than past attempts...I spread the word to as many as possible. Ask your doctor

forever whalers, i don't have a doc....so i'll be doing this on my own...

good luck.... I was almost 2 packs a day. It's been 2 months now. There are still days when I would love one but it goes away quick. It was that first few weeks when chantix really helped. Hell, my wife and I are still together....lol...and she quit too. We tried once before with just the patch and I thought we were gonna kill each other.

I feel great and intend on never goin back. I have returned to the gym , along with my wife and our son. Ran almost 2 miles on the treadmill the other day and feel great. We did gain about 10 pounds each but thats what the gym is for.

Need any help....I'll do what I can. JUST DO IT, YOU CAN....LIKE THE SAYING GOES " IF I CAN , YOU CAN" and trust me I smoked alot...good luck , let me know how it goes

forever whalers, i don't have a doc....so i'll be doing this on my own...

good luck.... I was almost 2 packs a day. It's been 2 months now. There are still days when I would love one but it goes away quick. It was that first few weeks when chantix really helped. Hell, my wife and I are still together....lol...and she quit too. We tried once before with just the patch and I thought we were gonna kill each other.

I feel great and intend on never goin back. I have returned to the gym , along with my wife and our son. Ran almost 2 miles on the treadmill the other day and feel great. We did gain about 10 pounds each but thats what the gym is for.

Need any help....I'll do what I can. JUST DO IT, YOU CAN....LIKE THE SAYING GOES " IF I CAN , YOU CAN" and trust me I smoked alot...good luck , let me know how it goes

thanks hubby and i are doing this together also...and i'm going to start walking, i have beautiful beaches or the sound to walk next to...never have liked running..

Kerri that's what friends are for...to help each other out...as you can tell i'm still fairly new to the boards....but a few of you stick out in my mind as people i'd like to think of as friends....well most of you...can't think of any that i wouldn't call friend ....

well, i'm glad to here that; you ppl are like family to me; you treat me better than some of my own family members do. so, bless you all! :D

well, i'm glad to here that; you ppl are like family to me; you treat me better than some of my own family members do. so, bless you all! :D

Boy how well i know that feeling, much closer to some of my online friends then to most of my family....

Boy how well i know that feeling, much closer to some of my online friends then to most of my family....

well, with all the crap going on in my life right now, you guys are more accepting than most of my family... sadly... :cry:

I'm not resolving to do anything, but this year I hope to ...

... do two half-marathons.

... get back on track with eating healthy.

... lose some weight, thanks to the first two items.

... pay off some of my credit card debt.

... become a bit more organized around the house.

For those quitting smoking, I've never been a smoker, but have known a few who quit. One of the hardest things for them seems to be times of stress. They're used to walking out of the office or the house for a smoke break when things get tense or overwhelming. My advice is to start figuring out what you're going to do when those situations come up so that you don't turn to smoking. (Of course, exercising regularly generally helps people manage the stress.)