The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Send your well wishes to Tuomo Ruutu

Ruutu wishing a speedy recovery and looking forward to seeing you again on the ice come September for the 2010-2011 season.  We will miss you the remainder of this year and your 100%+ give all on the ice for our team.  I know you are disappointed that you can't finish this season but your health is more important. Looking forward to seeing you on the ice in the near future......wink.gif

Get well soon, Ruutu. You would not come this far without you. Thanks for fighting for our team and never give up. We're really glad to have you here with our team. We'll wait for you to come back. Can't really wait to "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" in the games again.

Best wishes for a quick recovery! The rest of the season won’t
be the same without you, but we look forward to having you healthy and back on
the ice with the rest of the guys in Helsinki smile.gif Hyvää onnea!

High 5! (Silly physical therapy joke for shoulder patients). Seriously, sorry that your season ends on this note. Heal up because I want you on the ice in Helsinki!

Ivy

Sadistic Physical Therapist

A quick story... My son (who recently turned eight) hurt his thumb pretty badly at school today, and when I got home he showed me his injury and told me what happened. You could tell his voice was breaking a little, and I asked him if he cried and he told me no. I asked if he was brave even though it hurt and he leaned over and whispered one word in my ear: SISU.

Tuomo, thanks for showing us all what sisu really means. From the moment you skated onto RBC Center ice you’ve been my favorite player. I admire your courage and your infectious enthusiasm, and I’m so proud of the leadership you’ve shown this season on and off the ice. I’m so saddened by your injury and the pain you’ve suffered and I'm sure it's agonizing for you to be away from the sport you treasure deeply. Please know that we’re all hoping and praying for a quick and complete recovery. Godspeed and I look forward to seeing you on the ice in Helsinki!

RUUUUUUU    you have been one of my favorite players since you skated onto our ice from Chicago,

took a stick to your face---and came up smiling !!  I thought to myself, "we have a winner here" !

Later I learned the word SISU !!  I imagine your nagging shoulder injury was with you in the Olympics,

but you still came home with the bronze !!  You seem to smile through a lot of things.

I wish you well with the surgery and am glad you will have six months to rehab, 'cause we will need

you next year. Prayers are with you and looking forward to having you ready as we start our season

in your "home turf". Godspeed !     

Char

You're been a credit to the organization since Day 1.  Get well soon, and I hope you're back by Opening Day next season,  I think enough Caniac will be there to make us the home team.happy.gif

Can't imagine how much pain you must have been in over the last few months to endure the physical abuse on your body in the Olympics and NHL with a serious injury.  Only a player like yourself would put up with this pain, and the fans appreciate all you've given to the team.  You are a huge part of our team's heart and sole and we will miss seeing you out there the rest of the season.  Wishing you a successful and speedy recovery, looking forward to seeing you out there next year! 

Can't imagine how much pain you must have been in over the last few months to endure the physical abuse on your body in the Olympics and NHL with a serious injury.  Only a player like yourself would put up with this pain, and the fans appreciate all you've given to the team.  You are a huge part of our team's heart and sole and we will miss seeing you out there the rest of the season.  Wishing you a successful and speedy recovery, looking forward to seeing you out there next year! 

Wishing you a successful treatment and rehabilitation. You have become a fan favorite and an integral part of this team.

I look forward to watching you skate with the Canes next year and for many years to come. Best Luck.

Ruuty, you've been such a fan favorite since the first day you stepped on the ice at the RBC, and you've affected us all.  You are so sweet in person, always have a smile and an "eyebrow raise" for the fans, and then you become a beast on the ice!!  We wouldn't have it any other way.   I have refused to buy a personalized jersey, until #15 came along.  Now I proudly wear the RUUTU jersey, and even named my adorable puppy after you (RUUTY). 

We know you have been playing through the pain, and hopefully now you will be pain free for your Canes debut in Helsinki in the fall.  Take care of yourself this summer and know that we're all RUUTIN' for you.

Oli ikävä kuulla, että kausi päättyy leikkaukseen.. Oma terveys on kuitenkin tärkeintä, ja toivotaan että leikkauksen jälkeen peli kulkee entistä paremmin! Pikaista paranemista ja toivottavasti sinut nähdään Helsingissä syksyllä. Liput jo taskussa!

You've been a warrior since you stepped on the ice at the RBC Center and it surprises no one that you continued to play through your injury.  Your dedication to the team and the game are admirable; you have taught us the true meaning of the word "sisu".  Get well soon and I'm looking forward to hearing 18,000+ Caniacs Ruuuuuuuuing throughout the 2010-2011 season!

-Rachel

Tuomo,

hope you have a quick recovery from your surgery and that your shoulder is feeling better soon. I love watching you play so much. You truly love what you do, and it shows.

I'll miss Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuing at the remaining home games this season, for sure.

keep smiling, because next season is going to be awesome, and you and your little Finnish buddies are going to be a huge part of that.

haake palle!

Best wishes for a successful recovery and rehabilitation of your shoulder. We will miss you now, but look forward to your return, strong and healthy, next season. We'll be RUUUUUUing for you!

Take care -

Jan

Tuomo, 

You are by far my favorite! I always turn up the radio if I hear your voice being interviewed or rewind the DVR to watch your interviews again on television. You're a wonderful example for all other players and you can always tell you're putting your heart into every game. I wish you the very best for a full recovery and look forward to seeing you play again next season. Take Care of yourself!

Hey Tuomo!

I am so sorry that you needed to have surgery. You bring such enthusiasm and spunk to each and every shift-you are awesome! I can't wait to see you back on the ice. Rest up, feel better, and get well soon!

smile.gif,

Elizabeth in Raleigh