The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Pkling40

New Tradition old Idea

Its a nice touch but one of the things I like about this franchise is many of the "new traditions" are unique to this market and just kind of evolved on their own through the years.  I love seeing the center ice stick salute to the fans but to me that's a Ranger's tradition.

Edit:  Now this is a tradition unique to our market.  Thanks to PeteMoss and Dreamie for keeping it going this season.

http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/topic/16819/master/1/?page=1

I've been trying to get a tradition started, throwing barbecue sandwiches on the ice during playoff games, i think it could be fantastic, and gauranteed to make sportscenter, we'll have to wait till next year to try it out though.

I've been trying to get a tradition started, throwing barbecue sandwiches on the ice during playoff games, i think it could be fantastic, and gauranteed to make sportscenter, we'll have to wait till next year to try it out though.

Well since I'm not a barbecue fan (blasphemy, I know), throwing those sandwiches on the ice sounds good to me.  Not so sure the organization would feel the same laugh.gif

Its a nice touch but one of the things I like about this franchise is many of the "new traditions" are unique to this market and just kind of evolved on their own through the years.  I love seeing the center ice stick salute to the fans but to me that's a Ranger's tradition.

Edit:  Now this is a tradition unique to our market.  Thanks to PeteMoss and Dreamie for keeping it going this season.

http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/topic/16819/master/1/?page=1

True enoughwink.gif guess I just needed/wanted another couple minutes to "savor the moment" before the 5 month withdrawl begunsad.gif

Agreed that pork is NC's food. It'd be nice to throw something on the ice like the squid. I do think one of our greatest traditions, so to speak, is that we have the loudest and most loyal fan base in the league during the regular season, and then more during playoffs. Especially only after having the sport in the area a little over ten years.

Get somebody on that Hurricane Wind effect, how about blowing Hurricane force winds on the opposing team as they take the ice.  Seriously I hve grown to love the storm siren and look forward to seeing who is turning it each game.  Seeing Cowher turn it last year during the Pen series was so cool! 

Agreed that pork is NC's food. It'd be nice to throw something on the ice like the squid. 
Compromise = Throw a pig on the ice... 

Seriously, I hope the sandwich idea was a joke... those are like $7+?  Why not just throw your wallets.  I bet the org wouldn't mind that too much.  Plus, wasting all that wonderful pork... I just can't allow it.

Get somebody on that Hurricane Wind effect, how about blowing Hurricane force winds on the opposing team as they take the ice.  Seriously I hve grown to love the storm siren and look forward to seeing who is turning it each game.  Seeing Cowher turn it last year during the Pen series was so cool! 
I sent my idea to Big Mike...maybe he can mention it to someone. All the sths can pitch in a dollar to pay for it!!

completely agree with hockeybaby and petemoss...every time i hear our siren it makes me think that we need to have wind blowing around in the arena...like noticeably. Maybe have a flag and watch it just go wild as the siren blows? That might be more feasible. I don't know...just something that, along with the siren, really hammers home the idea of a hurricane coming through.