The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Does the Cup go to the East or the West?

If we did the split for the playoffs based on league wide rather then conference only 4 eastern teams would even get in. We all projected 93-95 points as a playoff cutoff and it was 88 points this year...yikes.

If we did the split for the playoffs based on league wide rather then conference only 4 eastern teams would even get in. We all projected 93-95 points as a playoff cutoff and it was 88 points this year...yikes.

That's what makes this even more frustrating, the East was really up for grabs till the very end.  Only the top 3 seeds won it convincingly.

[quote name='TSA wrote:

legend-1']If we did the split for the playoffs based on league wide rather then conference only 4 eastern teams would even get in. We all projected 93-95 points as a playoff cutoff and it was 88 points this year...yikes.

That's what makes this even more frustrating, the East was really up for grabs till the very end.  Only the top 3 seeds won it convincingly.

Whats more frustrating is if we had gone 5 and 8 instead of 0-13 in that stretch were in the playoffs.

It's gotta be the West. Too much talent over there from top to bottom. The Pens could compete as usual, and the Devils are strong once again, but between the Sharks, the Hawks, the Red Wings, not to mention the Coyotes and the Preds, too much over there.

Whatever team wins the West is going to be too beat up to make a good showing in the finals.  The Caps, Devils, Pens should all have a pretty easy go of it in the first round, whereas in the West there will be no easy rounds.

Plus, the Caps really are that good.

It's gotta be the West. Too much talent over there from top to bottom. The Pens could compete as usual, and the Devils are strong once again, but between the Sharks, the Hawks, the Red Wings, not to mention the Coyotes and the Preds, too much over there.
Vancouver aint bad either!

I say let a Canadian team win it, either the Habs, Sens, or Canucks. Maybe then they'll quit moaning about the cup belongs in Canada. Just shut up already.

(but I'm rooting for Chicago in the west)

Once the Bruins get knocked out, I'm rooting for San Jose to finally get over the hump.  But I do like a good cinderella story so Phoenix gets my vote too.