The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jeromeo87

Who are you pulling for?

Ole, ole, ole............Bye, Bye Caps! Bye, Bye Ovechicken!roll.gif

Thanks for the 2nd round 2011 pick, Oskar Osala, and the 7th rounder! Let Go Canes!

Let Go Pens!

Nah nah nah nah noo noo.......  It was so sad to see the Crapitals head to the golf course after the game last night.  Poor fellas, I almost shed a tear.  LOL.   Halak is my new hero, and I'm not even a Montreal fan!!

Halak is on it. If they go through against Pitt, Boston/Philly, and then Detroit, I'd have a hard time rooting against them in that scenario.

I actually defended Crosby to a friend the other day who said he whined too much.  I said he didn't do that anymore.  But, lo and behold the baby faced whiner got mad because Gill ripped his helmet off and he didn't get a call.  Picked the Pens but am rooting for Montreal.  I hope Boston comes out of the other quarterfinal.  Still rooting for Vancouver.  Like to see a Canadian team do something for a change.

Well...OLE...OLE...OLE...My Pens are dead....frown.gif SO I will now pull for Wallin & the Sharks to win the Cup!

Congratulations Montreal on a well deserved series win.

Buffalo - check

Washington - check

Detroit - check

Pittsburgh - check

All the teams I didn't want to see hoist the Cup.

Who to pull for now? Not sure. I'm anything but a Canadiens fan, but if nothing else they got heart. Who else deserves it more right now? Ironically, they kinda remind me of a certain team in '06.

Who to pull for now? Not sure. I'm anything but a Canadiens fan, but if nothing else they got heart. Who else deserves it more right now? Ironically, they kinda remind me of a certain team in '06.

Not the Canes, I hope. Canes in 06 were an offensive powerhouse and finished 2nd in the conference. Montreal is not that. The only similarity I see is a goalie coming out of nowhere, and even then, Halak was their starter for much of the season. Still, it has been an amazing run for them. If anything they are more like the Canes last year. Will be interesting to see if they can break through the next round or if they will tire out. If their key guys stay healthy they are looking good.

Actually, I do mean the Canes. While there are obvious differences, these are similarities.

- Heart. I truly believe that Brindy willed this team to the Cup on '06. Were they the most talented team in the playoffs? I don't really think so, but talent will only take you so far. I'm seeing the same drive and heart from the Canadiens. Both have talented players, but their "we can beat anyone" attitude is helping them tremendously. I'm not saying the Canes weren't a good team or the Canadiens are only winning with emotion/ It's just a big factor for both teams.

- Shut-down defense.  The Canes of '06 and the Canadiens swarm(ed) the puck handler. Blocked shots (a la Aaron Ward), sticks in the lane, etc. They shutdown the opposing forwards and prevent quality shots. The Cup Canes smothered the other team. Montreal has shutdown the best in the league.

- Goalie. Halak and Ward. No team is going to win the Cup without outstanding goaltending, but if the Canadiens are able to go all the way, it will be because Halak wins the Conn Smythe, just as Cam did.

That's all I'm saying.

Buffalo - check

Washington - check

Detroit - check

Pittsburgh - check

All the teams I didn't want to see hoist the Cup.

I'm right there with you!  But I also look forward to seeing either Philadelphia or Boston get knocked out, too.

Montreal reminds me of the '09 Canes - winning two series against "better teams" including the greatest goalie to ever play the game... (no not Thomas)

Actually, I do mean the Canes. While there are obvious differences, these are similarities.

That's all I'm saying.

Canes 06 D didn't seem quite as smothering, but sounds OK to me. One thing I would add is the fan support/arena atmosphere, I think both teams drew/draw a lot of energy from their fans, more so than usual.

I think I will root for Philly tonight, becuase of Leighton, maybe he can do what Cam did,and come in with his team behind in a series and lead them all the way back to a Stanley Cup

there are 5 teams left, and if there is one that I dont want to win it,it would have to be the Habs,hopefully Philly or Boston will learn from Pitt and Washingtons mistakes, and sweep them right out of the confrence finals,keep the Cup on this side of the border,and yes,I know that with Canadian players being on every team,the Cup always returns to Canada,but it doesnt matter,it would still be marginal revenge for the disrespect they showed us during the olympics

I was pulling big time for the Habs against both Caps and Pens, out of pure hate for the opponents.  And I've been pulling for the Flyers against Boston, just because of Lavi and then I had an extra reason when Leighton got the chance to play.  So I've got to support my Carolina alumni and pull for the Flyers in the east.  I'm really happy for Leighton and I hope he can carry them to the finals.  It's nice to see him finally get to show what he can do.  

In the west, I was pulling for the Canucks because I have a soft spot for Luongo and, of course, Alberts is there now.  I guess I'll go for Chicago over San Jose, though I don't care as much as I do about the east...

It will be very interesting to see how a 7 or 8 seed matches up against a 1 or 2 seed in the final!  It's been a GREAT playoffs so far.

I was pulling big time for the Habs against both Caps and Pens, out of pure hate for the opponents.  And I've been pulling for the Flyers against Boston, just because of Lavi and then I had an extra reason when Leighton got the chance to play.  So I've got to support my Carolina alumni and pull for the Flyers in the east.  I'm really happy for Leighton and I hope he can carry them to the finals.  It's nice to see him finally get to show what he can do.  

In the west, I was pulling for the Canucks because I have a soft spot for Luongo and, of course, Alberts is there now.  I guess I'll go for Chicago over San Jose, though I don't care as much as I do about the east...

It will be very interesting to see how a 7 or 8 seed matches up against a 1 or 2 seed in the final!  It's been a GREAT playoffs so far.

So, I guess you don't care about Wallin?

[quote name='rocheccw wrote:

CarolinaGirl77']I was pulling big time for the Habs against both Caps and Pens, out of pure hate for the opponents.  And I've been pulling for the Flyers against Boston, just because of Lavi and then I had an extra reason when Leighton got the chance to play.  So I've got to support my Carolina alumni and pull for the Flyers in the east.  I'm really happy for Leighton and I hope he can carry them to the finals.  It's nice to see him finally get to show what he can do.  

Wallin_interior_2010.jpg

"Hey, I'm still in this!"

[quote name='rocheccw wrote:

CarolinaGirl77']I was pulling big time for the Habs against both Caps and Pens, out of pure hate for the opponents.  And I've been pulling for the Flyers against Boston, just because of Lavi and then I had an extra reason when Leighton got the chance to play.  So I've got to support my Carolina alumni and pull for the Flyers in the east.  I'm really happy for Leighton and I hope he can carry them to the finals.  It's nice to see him finally get to show what he can do.  

I had totally forgotten about Wallin going to the Sharks until yesterday's game.  So, that changed my interest in that series, for sure.

[quote name='CarolinaGirl77 wrote:

rocheccw wrote:

I had totally forgotten about Wallin going to the Sharks until yesterday's game.  So, that changed my interest in that series, for sure.

Everyone forgets Wallin until he scores an OT playoff goal!

Of course Ladd is on the Hawks too.

I hate Philly...& Les Habs eliminated my Pens...So I will pull for the Hawks / Sharks winner to take the Cup! I would prefer the Sharks, because I don't want Hossa's name on the Cup!