The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Whaler1

2010 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Not sure how I feel about Fowler...whenever you see a player who is talked about consistently as top 3 start to slide in the draft, the question comes up as why they've slipped. If it's filling a need, it's fine...

Looks like we passed on Fowler as well.

UGH! The whole "We'll take the best available player" thing was BS. It was a miracle Fowler was available and we choose a forward. We already have too many forward prospects, so we add more? Rutherford's fear of drafting defense-men is really annoying.

From what I remember reading about Skinner, he reminds me a lot of Samsonov.  Small, fast, agile, puckhandler with an excellent shot.

UGH! The whole "We'll take the best available player" thing was BS. It was a miracle Fowler was available and we choose a forward. We already have too many forward prospects, so we add more? Rutherford's fear of drafting defense-men is really annoying.

Totally agree... all I can say is UGH!!!

I like the pick.  Defenseman can be a risk, as it takes time for them to develop, as they have to learn the system and build up in size and strength.

Skinner has a lot of skills and IF he were to make the team, could be on a line with Sutter.

I'd probably say he is similar to St. Louis.

Jeff Skinner

Center

Born May 16 1992 -- Markham, ONT

Height 5.10 -- Weight 182 -- Shoots L

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
2008-09 Kitchener Rangers OHL 63 27 24 51 34 -- -- -- -- --
2009-10 Kitchener Rangers OHL 64 50 40 90 72 20 20 13 33 14

Kind of disappointed we didn't get one of the two defensemen. JR has done some things that surprised us before, some good, some..... not so much. Here's hoping this is a good thing.

he ended up with more goals including playoffs  than hall or  seguin...    figure skating smurf.. well probaly eat those words in a few  years..

he ended up with more goals including playoffs  than hall or  seguin...    figure skating smurf.. well probaly eat those words in a few  years..
Ha Ha!....I hope that's true.  Maybe he'll be a 100 point a year All-Star figure skating smurf.laugh.gif

Well I like to be surprised and I was not disappointed.  JR indicated we were looking at forwards in our first pick but when El Nino and Connolly went I thought we might not be able to pass on the D men.  Lets hope Skinner works out and quickly. I think we will pick at least two D-men in the second round if we don't make a deal.

Theres got to be something that the GMs arent liking in Fowler and Gormley for them to be dropping like they are.

Was just about to post this. Very interesting. Rangers have the 10th, lets see who they take.

Possibly something they found out when they interviewed them?? They still do that, don't they? Eitherway, I don't know. It'll be interesting to see what we do with our 2nd round picks tomorrow.

Possibly something they found out when they interviewed them?? They still do that, don't they? Eitherway, I don't know. It'll be interesting to see what we do with our 2nd round picks tomorrow.
JR - "So Cam, what do you like to do in your free time?"

Fowler - "Hmm, well, I like to drop-kick kittens.  I'm getting pretty good at it."

[quote name='jb_online wrote:

caniac23']Possibly something they found out when they interviewed them?? They still do that, don't they? Eitherway, I don't know. It'll be interesting to see what we do with our 2nd round picks tomorrow.

JR - "So Cam, what do you like to do in your free time?"

Fowler - "Hmm, well, I like to drop-kick kittens.  I'm getting pretty good at it."

roll.gif. Maybe someone found out his hockey icon is Alexandre Diagle? For those who don't know who that is http://sports.gunaxin.com...en-nhl-draft-busts/39267