The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Whaler1

2010 NHL Entry Draft Thread

JR just announced on his interview that they have some surprises still up their sleeve, tradings to be announced in later rounds....wink.gif
If those "surprises" are just moving around within the later rounds, I'm not nearly as excited about it as he is. If there are moves involving roster players (either from us or coming back to us), then I'm all ears.

[quote name='Stealth-ch1 wrote:

caniac_fan']JR just announced on his interview that they have some surprises still up their sleeve, tradings to be announced in later rounds....
wink.gif

If those "surprises" are just moving around within the later rounds, I'm not nearly as excited about it as he is. If there are moves involving roster players (either from us or coming back to us), then I'm all ears.

Oh please, oh please...Sammy? Cole?

Well if we do pick him up, we pretty much have to move at least one of our D-men. We've got way too many to make the roster and probably a bit too much for Charlotte as well. Someone's gotta go...

Well if we do pick him up, we pretty much have to move at least one of our D-men. We've got way too many to make the roster and probably a bit too much for Charlotte as well. Someone's gotta go...

It'd be interesting to see if Babs negotiating rights got traded, unless he's already signed which I dont think he is.

well this has to be a move that triggers another move then.  If he is grinning so big it has to be for someone bigger than that guy. Veersteeg is a possibility as Chicago needs Dmen.  Rights to blake wheeler maybe?

I believe we're allowed to trade his rights, but the team that gets him will still have to wait until July 1st to sign his. He's an RFA though, so it's not like he's heading out into the FA pool if he isn't signed immediately.

well this has to be a move that triggers another move then.  If he is grinning so big it has to be for someone bigger than that guy. Veersteeg is a possibility as Chicago needs Dmen.  Rights to blake wheeler maybe?
Those are the kinds of moves I'm waiting to see. If he is indeed grinning that much over that guy, he's got a sick sense of humor that I'd not like to possess.

TSN just updated and said we got Sanguinetti for 6th rounder this year and our 2nd rounder next year (apparently one we got from Caps). Sounds like a bit too much for a guy that only played 5 games last year. That is, unless he's got some serious potential that I'm not aware of.

TSN just updated and said we got Sanguinetti for 6th rounder this year and our 2nd rounder next year (apparently one we got from Caps). Sounds like a bit too much for a guy that only played 5 games last year. That is, unless he's got some serious potential that I'm not aware of.
He's NHL ready is the selling point from what I see.

Two selections to the AHL all-star game, won the hardest shot and the fastest skating (new AHL record) competitions.  Supposedly NHL ready.  Wonder if Carson is the man out?  He's not been qualified.

He has got huge potenitial. I have a Rangers fan who is very upset right now. He said we just made up for not drafting Fowler. He got buried in the rangers' depth chart last year because of the surprise season Del Zotto had, and the fact that Sanguinetti had a two way contract.

He is a two time AHL All Star. JR said he will have a chance to make the Canes this fall. Former first round pick NYR 21st overall in 2006.

http://www.hockeysfuture....spects/bobby_sanguinetti

[quote name='rocheccw wrote:

Stealth-ch1']TSN just updated and said we got Sanguinetti for 6th rounder this year and our 2nd rounder next year (apparently one we got from Caps). Sounds like a bit too much for a guy that only played 5 games last year. That is, unless he's got some serious potential that I'm not aware of.

He has got huge potenitial. I have a Rangers fan who is very upset right now. He said we just made up for not drafting Fowler. He got buried in the rangers' depth chart last year because of the surprise season Del Zotto had, and the fact that Sanguinetti had a two way contract.

He is a two time AHL All Star. JR said he will have a chance to make the Canes this fall. Former first round pick NYR 21st overall in 2006.

http://www.hockeysfuture....spects/bobby_sanguinetti

Sounds like a great pick-up.  I am excited about this deal... from what Hockeysfuture.com says, he sounds like another McBane.

I agree about Picard, he has done absolutely nothing to impress me in his short time here.  Although he hasn't had a lot of time to do so... he is supposed to be NHL ready but just doesn't show it.

I just noticed, Sanguinetti is rated their best defensive prospect.  Nice to know.