The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Whaler1

2010 NHL Entry Draft Thread

gocanes0506, the way the draft order works is apparently not nearly as straight-forward as you are thinking. (Which reflects how I thought it worked, too, until I ran across this article that shows the details are a bit more complicated: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=425557 )

So, from that, the picks are set up like this:

30 - Stanley Cup Winner

29 - Stanley Cup Runner-Up

28 - Conference finalist with higher regular season standing

27 - Conference finalist with lower regular season standing

So far, so good. But then it gets a bit tricky.

In the 15 - 26 spots go to all the teams that lost in the first two rounds of the playoffs. There is no difference between getting knocked out in the first round or in the second round.

Instead, those teams are divided into two groups - regular season division leaders, and "wildcard" playoff teams. Then the teams within each of those groups are sorted by regular season standings.

The division leaders will take the later picks, with the team highest in the regular season standings getting the latest pick, the team next in the standings getting the next pick, and so on, for all division leaders who lost in the first two rounds.

Then the picks will go to the wildcard teams, again taking into account their regular season standings.

And finally, the first 14 spots will go to the non-playoff teams, in order of regular season standings.

Given all that, the only spot determined at this point, beyond the first 14, is Washington at 26. (Highest regular season rank of all division leaders, and out in round 1.)

Should the Penguins beat the Canadiens, the Sharks beat the Red Wings, the Bruins beat the Flyers, and the Blackhawks beat the Canucks, then (not taking traded picks into account) the 15 - 26 spots will play out as:

15. Canadiens

16. Flyers

17. Senators

18. Avalanche

19. Predators

20. Kings

21. Red Wings

22. Coyotes

23. Sabres*

24. Devils*

25. Canucks*

26. Capitals*

(* - division leaders)

But of course, that's just speculation right now.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was definitely thinking it was round eliminated and lowest point total got the 1st available. Been wrong before.

I still think that unless Nino, Connolly, or Fowler are there at 7 I say trade down to get as many 1st rounds as possible. If the news and observer article is correct boychuk will be playing LW next season for us, 3rd line center is a big need. The team could use a 3rd line center in the draft. The organization will need more D depth. I would love to see JR grab the 2 picks from ATL we'll have to add something to the deal) and then trade the number 8 to ANA for their 2. 3 1st round picks to get a 3rd line center, a Dman that could possibly play for the team next season, and the best available talent at the last 1st round pick.

Then again this is just fan talking. I dont know that ATL or ANA will be looking to move up and willing to move both their 1st rounders to get it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was definitely thinking it was round eliminated and lowest point total got the 1st available. Been wrong before.

I still think that unless Nino, Connolly, or Fowler are there at 7 I say trade down to get as many 1st rounds as possible. If the news and observer article is correct boychuk will be playing LW next season for us, 3rd line center is a big need. The team could use a 3rd line center in the draft. The organization will need more D depth. I would love to see JR grab the 2 picks from ATL we'll have to add something to the deal) and then trade the number 8 to ANA for their 2. 3 1st round picks to get a 3rd line center, a Dman that could possibly play for the team next season, and the best available talent at the last 1st round pick.

Then again this is just fan talking. I dont know that ATL or ANA will be looking to move up and willing to move both their 1st rounders to get it.

I just can't see ATL trading up one spot. Normally, teams try to jump up two or more spots to get a player they think a team ahead of them is going to take before there original pick.

So, I could see the trade with ANA for pick 12 & the Philly pick(probably 16th). So would you drop from #7 to #12 & pick up #16?

well I would if the 3 that i mentioned earlier are not available at 7 and the talent remaining arent a need that is worth a 7th pick.  A very good center and dman will be available at the 12th and 16th pick.

It funny to be a fan and of course speculate about trade and pick in the draft.
I was really interesting about the think that trade #7 for 12 and 16 from Anaheim. But i ask a question to myself: Why Anaheim will make this trade? And i think if Connolly still there, They can do the move. They want a great player and they also want to replace Selanne in a year. But we would want to do this trade if Connolly still there?
This guy healtly will be a impact players for many year. Better then Nino or someone else at this moment on the draft. If i'm JR, i don't do the move.
Otherwise, what about trading a goaltender? Peter To St-Louis Blues? I don't know yet about the roster possibility in St-Louis, but for sure, they want a goaler they can make the differance next year. I'm sure, Peter will be not enough for having the first round pick, but maybe with a second round pick and/or a roster, JR could have a deal!

well 1st off I dont think we trade the pick if Nino, Connolly, Fowler or any of the top 3 are available at 7.  But if not I dont see why JR may not want to trade the pick.  Anahiem may be really high on someone that is around the 7-10 area that wont be there are 12.  That is about the only reason they would want to move up.

With Montreal winning their series they will move from #15 to one of the last four picks of the first round. Philly's pick(ANA) will either be #15 or in the bottom four. Same for Boston's #16 pick, or bottom four.

So, the outcome of game 7 between Boston & Philly will have an impact on the draft. ANA's 2nd pick could be #15 or #27-30.

ok so we are looking at

1. Oilers

2. Bruins(from TML)

3. Panthers

4. Blue Jackets

5. Islanders

6. TBL

7. Canes

8. Thrashers

9. Wild

10. Rangers

11. Stars

12. Ducks

13. Coyotes (from flames)

14. STL B

15. Bruins

16. Senators

17. Avalanche

18. Predators

19. Kings

20. Pens

21. Red Wings

22. Yotes

23. Slugs

24. Thrashers (from devils)

25. Canucks

26. Caps

27. Ducks (from Flyers)

28. Hawks

29. Canadiens

30. Sharks

Man the bruins went from 1 game and having a 27-30 pick to losing 3 straight and now having the 15th pick.  If Connolly, Fowler, Nino, Hall, Sequin, and Gudbranson are already gone I would look at moving down. 

I would not do the ANA trade now that it is #7 for #12 & one of #27-30. I would rather pick at #7, & then package two second rounders together to move back into the late 1st round.

After the Jared Staal trade we still own 10 picks in this year's draft. We just added a 2nd round prospect for an extra 5th round pick that we had from Nashville.

Man would I like to be at JR's Draft table this year. He could move up / down, or hold'em. With 6 picks in the top 90 that will give JR a lot of flexibility.

I'm all for JR moving UP if possible. Here I just can't help but lament that we could have had Sequin or Taylor with just a little less winning at the end, but there still may be a way to get a guy who could be almost as good.

First, I don't follow junior hockey at all, so this is all based on the mock drafts and central scouting.

The three mock drafts posted earlier are all exactly the same on the top 4 picks: Hall, Sequin (or Sequin/Hall) then Gudbranson then Fowler.

It is hard to see moving up to get any of those, and it seems unlikely that any of those will be left even at #5.

The wild card seems to be Connolly. The scouting report suggests he has Sequin/Taylor level skills, but beset with injuries and then apparently an uninspired showing at the U 18 tournament, have him slipping from the #3 slot in the central scouting report to 5,6,and even 9 in mock drafts. Now this is really non-scientific, but if this holds true, moving up even one spot should give us a better shot at him. And he has the superstar skills.

Oddly down to the #6 slot all mock drafters are pretty agreed if you take Connolly out. After #6 (ironically since we sit at #7) They are all over the place. Oddly, the one guy who is the most all over the place is Neidderreiter who is projected 6,10 and 13. So, if the Canes want Neiddereiter they could probably trade down. Even more oddly, of all players in the NHL Neidderrieter is most closely compared with our own Eric Cole.

Two of these guys have us picking Pysyk, but one guy has Pysyk going 12, though central scouting has him at #7. So, I guess if the Canes are liking Pysyk that would probably be a solid #7, but why the one guy has him at 12, not sure.

Anyway, I am personally biased to getting a top skilled forward. Love that scoring. So here's my thought. If we can move up and snag Connolly make it so. We already have a ton of prospects and picks, and might be able to get even more for a vet or two in trade. We don't need 35 second round picks. If we can't move up, and if JR really wants an offensive dman, it is pretty clear there will be one at #7. If we want a forward not named Connolly, then we should consider trading down, since we can get that guy at least at #9. Personally I would go for Ryan Johansson, but Neiderrieter at 10 or below would be a great pick (reportedly his stock is rising though).

Certainly the Connolly injury thing has to be assessed, but his level of skill is just so mouthwatering that he could end up being a "value pick" even at #6. (By the way, if we moved up to #6 and someone grabbed Connolly ahead of us, we would almost certainly get Gormley, who is a consensus #5 pick).

Anyway, just providing some food for thought while we wait for more information.

For anyone who has kept up with the many rankings of this year's draft eligible prospects, here is one from International Scouting Services.  http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11963

While the top 3 picks seem consistent with other rankings, this one has some interesting names show up around the 4th through 12th spots.  Regardless, we will be getting a really good player (I bet defensemen) with our first pick.  I still like the edge Gudbranson plays with.

Also, if you get a chance and have NHL network, the Memorial Cup is showcasing some of the top prospects.  Taylor Hall scored a beautiful goal in Windosr's game last night (sigh).  Cam Fowler aint bad either.  Gormely played over the weekend, he's not an overly big guy but he can really skate.

For anyone who has kept up with the many rankings of this year's draft eligible prospects, here is one from International Scouting Services.  http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11963

While the top 3 picks seem consistent with other rankings, this one has some interesting names show up around the 4th through 12th spots.  Regardless, we will be getting a really good player (I bet defensemen) with our first pick.  I still like the edge Gudbranson plays with.

Also, if you get a chance and have NHL network, the Memorial Cup is showcasing some of the top prospects.  Taylor Hall scored a beautiful goal in Windosr's game last night (sigh).  Cam Fowler aint bad either.  Gormely played over the weekend, he's not an overly big guy but he can really skate.

Wow. That does kind of throw a wrench in everything below Talyor/Tyler, and maybe Gormley.

They drop Connolly all the way to #13! And Gudbranson drops to #7.

The mock drafters posted above put us on Fobert and Pysyk. But his TSN ranking has them at #10 and #16.

Tarasenko rockets up and Neiderreiter is clearly moving up the board.

Who knows? Maybe we should move down. I just don't know anymore. It's all over the place!

Well, I still think El Nino has to be our first choice. I look at our current size and even with the young guys, we just have too many guys who are 5'10' and under and weigh less than 190. JR talked about getting bigger last offseason, and I still think that we need some size.

If you look at those international rankings, from between 6 and 11 there are 3-4 guys with good size and weighing in around 190 or more. That includes El Nino.

The one surprise is Ryan Johansen, a kid I had never heard of. Here's his profile: http://whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=25452

He's still young, but he's a center (and we're short on those) and he put up 69 points in 71 regular season games and then 18 points in 13 playoff games in his 2009-2010 season.

I think we pick El Nino if he's available. If he's not, then I think we need to carefully weigh whether any of the top d-men can compare with either Connolly (if he's still there) or Johansen.

I see Johansen as the sleeper.

Gudbranson will be long gone by the 7th pick. If Connelly is still there, that's a TOUGH call to make, but you have to take the gamble. If he's gone, and Nino is still there, that's a no brainer in my opinion.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off the possibility that any one of Fowler, Gudbranson, or Gormley would be available at #7.  Fowler is probably the long shot, but the tournaments that are now being played traditionally can have a big effect on the draft status on alot of the top 20 or so picks.  After Hall and Seguin, anything can happen.

Rutherford also did not rule out moving roster players to accomplish that goal, as he foresees more player movement than usual around the league this summer.

That's it JR.!  Mr. Cole and Mr. Samsonov would clearly benefit from a change in scenery, which would open up spots for our young wingers, and free up salary.

I wonder if JR will be able to move up. The mock drafts and that TSN rating put #7 all over the place. TSN shoots Tarasenko and Niederreiter up to the top 6, dropping Gudbranson to us at #7. But the three mock drafts have those three top dmen including Gudbranson gone by our pick. 

Moving up to #5 would guarantee one of the top 3 dmen or any forward other than Taylor/Tyler.

Organizationally we could use a young center and defense. Ryan Johansen is someone we might be able to trade down and get at center. 

Anyway, should be interesting. With his comments and bringing Babchuk back, it looks like JR is going to make some moves, which is essential to this fan.

If Babchuk gets signed prior to June 25 I just wonder if a deal in principle is all ready done.  Babchuk and our #7 to move up and ensure we can take one of  the top 3 D-men.  Just food for thought but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Babs signing soon.

FYI- Oilers.com does a nice job covering the draft and has a dedicated section of the website just for draft coverage.  Here's their list of the top 100 prospects invited to the Draft Combine in Toronto:

Invitation list out for Scouting Combine

Monday, 05.04.2010 / 8:49 PM / 2010 OILERS DRAFT CENTRE
By Adam Kimelman | NHL.com staff writer
The top 100 players available for the 2010 Entry Draft will meet in Toronto at the end of May for the annual NHL Scouting Combine.

This year's invitation list includes top prospects from all corners of the globe, including the two most-talked-about prospects -- Windsor Spitfires left wing Taylor Hall and Plymouth Whalers center Tyler Seguin.

Also on the list are the top defensemen available -- Erik Gudbranson of the Kingston Frontenacs, Brandon Gormley of the Moncton Wildcats, Windsor's Cam Fowler and the Edmonton Oil Kings' Mark Pysyk.

Top goalies Jack Campbell of the U.S. National Team Developmental Program and Calvin Pickard of the Seattle Thunderbirds also will be in attendance.

Some of the best European-based prospects coming over include Russian forwards Vladimir Tarasenko, Maxim Kitsyn and Evgeny Kuznetsov, Swedish forward Ludvig Rensfeldt and German forward Tom Kuehnhackl.

The combine, which will run May 24-29, is an opportunity for teams to meet and interview prospects, as well as see them tested in an off-ice setting.

Player Name Birthdate Birthplace Pos Sh Height Weight Team
1 AGOSTINO, KENNETH 30-Apr-92 Morristown, NJ LW L 5' 11" 190 lbs. DELBARTON (HIGH-NJ)
2 ALT, MARK 18-Oct-91 Kansas City, MO D R 6' 3" 199 lbs. CRETIN-DERHAM (HIGH-MN)
3 ARCHIBALD, BRANDON 31-Mar-92 Port Huron, MI D R 6' 3.5" 200 lbs. SAULT STE. MARIE (OHL)
4 ARNOLD, BILL 13-May-92 Boston, MA C R 5' 11.5" 218 lbs. USA U-18 (USDP)
5 BASARABA, JOE 2-May-92 Fort Frances, ON RW R 6' 2.25" 190 lbs. SHAT.ST.MARY'S (HIGH-MN)
6 BENNETT, BEAU 27-Nov-91 Gardena, CA RW R 6' 0.5" 173 lbs. PENTICTON (BCHL)
7 BEUKEBOOM, BROCK 1-Apr-92 Greenwich, CT D R 6' 1" 202 lbs. SAULT STE. MARIE (OHL)
8 BIEGA, DANNY 29-Sep-91 Montreal, QC D R 6' 0" 191 lbs. HARVARD (ECAC)
9 BJUGSTAD, NICK 17-Jul-92 Minneapolis, MN C R 6' 3.75" 188 lbs. BLAINE (HIGH-MN)
10 BOURNIVAL, MICHAEL 31-May-92 Shawinigan, QC LW L 5' 11" 179 lbs. SHAWINIGAN (QMJHL)
11 BRICKLEY, CONNOR 25-Feb-92 Malden, MA C L 5' 11.5" 190 lbs. DES MOINES (USHL)
12 BRITTAIN, SAM 10-May-92 Calgary, AB G L 6' 2.75" 215 lbs. CANMORE (AJHL)
13 BULMER, BRETT 26-Apr-92 Prince George, BC RW R 6' 2.25" 175 lbs. KELOWNA (WHL)
14 BUNZ, TYLER 11-Feb-92 Regina, SK G L 6' 1.25" 196 lbs. MEDICINE HAT (WHL)
15 BURMISTROV, ALEXANDER 21-Oct-91 Kazan C L 5' 11.25" 157 lbs. BARRIE (OHL)
16 CAMPBELL, JACK 9-Jan-92 Port Huron, MI G L 6' 2.5" 175 lbs. USA U-18 (USDP)
17 CONNOLLY, BRETT 2-May-92 Campbell River, BC RW R 6' 2" 181 lbs. PRINCE GEORGE (WHL)
18 CORBEIL-THERIAULT, MATHIEU 27-Sep-91 Montreal, QC G L 6' 5.75" 186 lbs. HALIFAX (QMJHL)
19 COYLE, CHARLIE 2-Mar-92 E. Weymouth, MA C;RW R 6' 1.5" 202 lbs. SOUTH SHORE (EJHL)
20 CULEK, JAKUB 7-Sep-92 Plzen LW L 6' 3" 185 lbs. RIMOUSKI (QMJHL)
21 DAVIDSON, BRANDON 21-Aug-91 Lethbridge, AB D L 6' 1" 190 lbs. REGINA (WHL)
22 DOMINGUE, LOUIS 6-Mar-92 St-Hyacinte, QC G R 6' 2.5" 180 lbs. QUEBEC (QMJHL)
23 DONSKOI, JOONAS 13-Apr-92 Raahe RW R 6' 0" 180 lbs. KARPAT JR. (FINLAND-JR.)
24 ETEM, EMERSON 16-Jun-92 Long Beach, CA RW L 6' 0.25" 190 lbs. MEDICINE HAT (WHL)
25 FALLON, JACOB 27-Feb-92 Riverside, CA C L 5' 10" 191 lbs. INDIANA (USHL)
26 FAULK, JUSTIN 20-Mar-92 South St.Paul, MN D R 5' 11.75" 196 lbs. USA U-18 (USDP)
27 FORBORT, DEREK 4-Mar-92 Duluth, MN D L 6' 4.5" 198 lbs. USA U-18 (USDP)
28 FOWLER, CAM 5-Dec-91 Windsor, ON D L 6' 1.25" 190 lbs. WINDSOR (OHL)
29 GALIEV, STANISLAV 17-Jan-92 Moscow RW R 6' 0.75" 178 lbs. SAINT JOHN (QMJHL)
30 GARDINER, MAX 7-May-92 Edina, MN C L 6' 2.5" 176 lbs. MINNETONKA (HIGH-MN)
31 GAUTHIER-LEDUC, JEROME 30-Jul-92 Quebec City, QC D R 6' 1.25" 176 lbs. ROUYN-NORANDA (QMJHL)
32 GORMLEY, BRANDON 18-Feb-92 Charlottetown, PE D L 6' 2" 185 lbs. MONCTON (QMJHL)
33 GOTHBERG, ZANE 20-Aug-92 Grand Forks, ND G L 6' 0.5" 177 lbs. THIEF RIVER FALLS (HIGH-MN)
34 GRANLUND, MIKAEL 26-Feb-92 Oulu C;W L 5' 10" 180 lbs. HIFK (FINLAND)
35 GRAVEL, KEVIN 6-Mar-92 Marquette, MI D L 6' 4" 185 lbs. SIOUX CITY (USHL)
36 GUDBRANSON, ERIK 7-Jan-92 Ottawa, ON D R 6' 3.75" 195 lbs. KINGSTON (OHL)
37 HALL, TAYLOR 14-Nov-91 Calgary, AB LW L 6' 0.5" 185 lbs. WINDSOR (OHL)
38 HAMILTON, CURTIS 4-Dec-91 Tacoma, WA LW L 6' 2.25" 209 lbs. SASKATOON (WHL)
39 HAMILTON, FREDDIE 1-Jan-92 Toronto, ON C R 6' 0.75" 187 lbs. NIAGARA (OHL)
40 HAYES, KEVIN 8-May-92 Boston, MA RW L 6' 2.25" 201 lbs. NOBLES (HIGH-MA)
41 HISHON, JOEY 20-Oct-91 Stratford, ON C L 5' 9.75" 170 lbs. OWEN SOUND (OHL)
42 HOLL, JUSTIN 30-Jan-92 Edina, MN D R 6' 2.25" 170 lbs. MINNETONKA (HIGH-MN)
43 HOWDEN, QUINTON 21-Jan-92 Winnipeg, MB C L 6' 2" 182 lbs. MOOSE JAW (WHL)
44 JARNKROK, CALLE 25-Sep-91 Gavle C R 5' 10.75" 156 lbs. BRYNAS (SWEDEN)
45 JOHANSEN, RYAN 31-Jul-92 Vancouver, BC C R 6' 2" 192 lbs. PORTLAND (WHL)
46 JOHANSSON, JONATHAN 30-Jun-91 Gothenburg C L 6' 3.25" 188 lbs. FROLUNDA JR. (SWE-JR.)
47 JOHNS, STEPHEN 18-Apr-92 Ellwood City, PA D R 6' 3.25" 215 lbs. USA U-18 (USDP)
48 KABANOV, KIRILL 16-Jul-92 Moscow LW R 6' 2" 173 lbs. MONCTON (QMJHL)
49 KITSYN, MAXIM 24-Dec-91 Novokuznetsk LW R 6' 2" 194 lbs. NOVOKUZNETSK (RUSSIA)
50 KUEHNHACKL, TOM 21-Jan-92 Landshut RW L 6' 2" 172 lbs. LANDSHUT CANN. (GERMAN-2)
51 KUZNETSOV, EVGENY 19-May-92 Chelyabinsk C L 6' 0" 172 lbs. CHELYABINSK (RUSSIA)
52 LANIGAN, CAMERON 9-Jun-92 Calgary, AB G L 6' 1.75" 180 lbs. EDMONTON (WHL)
53 LINDBERG, OSCAR 29-Oct-91 Skelleftea C L 6' 0" 187 lbs. SKELLEFTEA JR. (SWE-JR.)
54 MACKENZIE, MATT 15-Oct-91 New Westminster, BC D R 6' 1" 191 lbs. CALGARY (WHL)
55 MADAISKY, AUSTIN 30-Jan-92 Burnaby, BC D R 6' 1.75" 185 lbs. KAMLOOPS (WHL)
56 MARINCIN, MARTIN 18-Feb-92 D L 6' 4" 187 lbs. SLOVAKIA U20 (SLOVAKIA)
57 MARTINDALE, RYAN 27-Oct-91 Oshawa, ON C L 6' 3" 183 lbs. OTTAWA (OHL)
58 MCFARLAND, JOHN 2-Apr-92 Richmond Hill, ON LW R 6' 0.25" 192 lbs. SUDBURY (OHL)
59 MCFAULL, KENDALL 10-Apr-92 Rosetown, SK D L 6' 2" 187 lbs. MOOSE JAW (WHL)
60 MCILRATH, DYLAN 20-Apr-92 Winnipeg, MB D R 6' 4.25" 212 lbs. MOOSE JAW (WHL)
61 MCKEGG, GREG 17-Jun-92 St.Thomas, ON C L 5' 11.75" 191 lbs. ERIE (OHL)
62 MCNALLY, PATRICK 4-Dec-91 Glen Head, NY D L 6' 2" 180 lbs. MILTON ACADEMY (HIGH-MA)
63 MELCHIORI, JULIAN 6-Dec-91 Richmond Hill, ON D L 6' 3" 186 lbs. NEWMARKET (CCHL)
64 MERRILL, JONATHON 3-Feb-92 Oklahoma City, OK D L 6' 3.25" 198 lbs. USA U-18 (USDP)
65 NELSON, BROCK 15-Oct-91 Minneapolis, MN C L 6' 2.5" 205 lbs. WARROAD (HIGH-MN)
66 NEMETH, PATRIK 8-Feb-92 Stockholm D L 6' 3" 201 lbs. AIK JR. (SWE-JR.)
67 NIEDERREITER, NINO 8-Sep-92 Chur RW L 6' 1.5" 201 lbs. PORTLAND (WHL)
68 OHMAN, VICTOR 7-Apr-92 Malmo C L 6' 1" 202 lbs. MALMO JR. (SWE-JR.)
69 PEREIRA, MIKE 24-Nov-91 LW L 5' 10.75" 170 lbs. AVON OLD FARMS (HIGH-CT)
70 PETROVIC, ALEXANDER 3-Mar-92 Edmonton, AB D R 6' 4" 193 lbs. RED DEER (WHL)
71 PICKARD, CALVIN 15-Apr-92 Moncton, NB G L 6' 0.5" 195 lbs. SEATTLE (WHL)
72 PITLICK, TYLER 1-Nov-91 Minneapolis, MN C R 6' 1.5" 194 lbs. MINNESOTA STATE (WCHA)
73 PYSYK, MARK 11-Jan-92 Edmonton, AB D R 6' 1.25" 174 lbs. EDMONTON (WHL)
74 RENSFELDT, LUDVIG 29-Jan-92 Gavle LW L 6' 2.75" 192 lbs. BRYNAS JR. (SWE-JR.)
75 ROSS, BRADLEY 28-May-92 Edmonton, AB LW L 5' 11.5" 175 lbs. PORTLAND (WHL)
76 RUTKOWSKI, TROY 29-Apr-92 Edmonton, AB D R 6' 1.75" 208 lbs. PORTLAND (WHL)
77 SCHWARTZ, JADEN 25-Jun-92 Melfort, SK C L 5' 10" 180 lbs. TRI-CITY (USHL)
78 SEGUIN, TYLER 31-Jan-92 Brampton, ON C R 6' 1" 172 lbs. PLYMOUTH (OHL)
79 SHEAHAN, RILEY 7-Dec-91 St. Catharines, ON C L 6' 1.5" 202 lbs. U OF NOTRE DAME (CCHA)
80 SHIPLEY, STEVEN 22-Apr-92 London, ON C L 6' 2.25" 205 lbs. OWEN SOUND (OHL)
81 SHUGG, JUSTIN 24-Dec-91 Niagara Falls, ON LW R 5' 10.75" 184 lbs. WINDSOR (OHL)
82 SILAS, STEPHEN 26-Jun-92 Brampton, ON D L 6' 0.5" 183 lbs. BELLEVILLE (OHL)
83 SIMPSON, KENT 26-Mar-92 Edmonton, AB G L 6' 2.5" 182 lbs. EVERETT (WHL)
84 SKINNER, JEFF 16-May-92 Markham, ON RW L 5' 10" 187 lbs. KITCHENER (OHL)
85 SMITH-PELLY, DEVANTE 14-Jun-92 Scarborough, ON RW R 5' 11.5" 211 lbs. MISSISSAUGA ST. MICHAEL'S (OHL)
86 SMITH, DALTON 30-Jun-92 Markham, ON LW L 6' 2" 203 lbs. OTTAWA (OHL)
87 SPOONER, RYAN 30-Jan-92 Ottawa, ON C L 5' 10.25" 172 lbs. PETERBOROUGH (OHL)
88 STRAKA, PETR 15-Jun-92 Plzen RW L 6' 0.5" 185 lbs. RIMOUSKI (QMJHL)
89 SUNDHER, KEVIN 18-Jan-92 Surrey, BC C L 5' 11.75" 192 lbs. CHILLIWACK (WHL)
90 TARASENKO, VLADIMIR 13-Dec-91 Yaroslavl RW L 5' 11" 202 lbs. NOVOSIBIRSK (RUSSIA)
91 TELEGIN, IVAN 28-Feb-92 Novokyzneck LW L 6' 2.25" 194 lbs. SAGINAW (OHL)
92 THOMAS, CHRISTIAN 26-May-92 Toronto, ON RW R 5' 8.5" 162 lbs. OSHAWA (OHL)
93 TINORDI, JARRED 20-Feb-92 Millersville, MD D L 6' 5.5" 205 lbs. USA U-18 (USDP)
94 TOFFOLI, TYLER 24-Apr-92 Toronto, ON C R 6' 0" 178 lbs. OTTAWA (OHL)
95 VISENTIN, MARK 7-Aug-92 Hamilton,ON G L 6' 1.5" 187 lbs. NIAGARA (OHL)
96 WATSON, AUSTIN 13-Jan-92 Ann Arbor, MI LW R 6' 3.25" 185 lbs. PETERBOROUGH (OHL)
97 WEAL, JORDAN 15-Apr-92 Saskatoon, SK C R 5' 9.5" 162 lbs. REGINA (WHL)
98 YOGAN, ANDREW 4-Dec-91 Coral Springs, FL C;LW L 6' 2.75" 205 lbs. ERIE (OHL)
99 ZAYTSEV, NIKITA 29-Oct-91 D R 6' 1" 176 lbs. NOVOSIBIRSK (RUSSIA)
100 ZUCKER, JASON 16-Jan-92 Las Vegas, NV LW L 5' 10.5" 174 lbs. USA U-18 (USDP)

Click here for players details and a look at who's who in the 2010 Entry Draft

*Thanks to the Oiler's admin for sharing the links and info smile.gif

Cool site with some mocks updated on May 23...http://thepuckdoctors.com...nhl-mock-draft-database/

We're all over the place at #7 and one mock has us picking #6...Looks like if the big 3 D-Men go early we'll have a really good shot at El Nino or Connolly...El Nino is a no-brainer if he's available at 7. 

That is a great site, thanks for posting Law-Dawg.

El Nino has certainly moved up the board. Ironically, of the 5 mock drafts updated most recently, 3/5 have El Nino at #7. (One has him at #4 and one at #10). Just reading the comments it seems pretty unlikely that one of the top 3 dmen will be around at #7. I still like Connolly if we can grab him.

[quote name='remkin wrote:

Law-Dawg']Cool site with some mocks updated on May 23...

We're all over the place at #7 and one mock has us picking #6...Looks like if the big 3 D-Men go early we'll have a really good shot at El Nino or Connolly...El Nino is a no-brainer if he's available at 7. 

That is a great site, thanks for posting Law-Dawg.

El Nino has certainly moved up the board. Ironically, of the 5 mock drafts updated most recently, 3/5 have El Nino at #7. (One has him at #4 and one at #10). Just reading the comments it seems pretty unlikely that one of the top 3 dmen will be around at #7. I still like Connolly if we can grab him.

Which is why I say we keep our number 7 pick and do w/e we can to get a pick between 4-6. With the number of picks we have, I really think we can have 2 top ten picks in this years draft.