The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
iceboy

Select-a-Seat

We go tonight at 7:30pm for our seat selection.  Looking at lower bowl for the 5 of us.  I was wondering how availability would be.  Sounds like we will have a lot to choose from. 

Will let you all know where we end up.

We go tonight at 7:30pm for our seat selection.  Looking at lower bowl for the 5 of us.  I was wondering how availability would be.  Sounds like we will have a lot to choose from. 

Will let you all know where we end up.

You will have a lot of options.  All sections of lower level had tons of availability. Even the South end which historically has been pretty popular had wide open rows starting row J - entire rows!  Good luck and have fun.

Purchased the 12 game pack and I am hoping I can at least go in and look around at available seats left on Friday before I fill out my seletion preference... any ideas?

I have always gone in by appointment but I seem to remember someone posting in the past that they only allow you in if you are actually selecting a seat - ie a 26 or full plan. 

We got the 12 game last year and I was frustrated with the fact that if their was a cheap lower level game it happened on 80% of the nights we already had tickets upstairs. So next season screw it, as the cheap lower level ticket promotions come up we'll go then.

Here's a question:  Why dont they allow 26 game plans in sideline premier????  Call me crazy but if they could fill seats with Canes fans, why wouldnt they?  I get it if there was a wait list for ST's or they were having no problem selling lower bowl seats but they are having slow sales so why not sell as man seats as possible?    How many games did I go to last year where I paid my STH price for sideline premier but I was surrounded by opposing fans or people that paid some ridiculous promotional price?

We are just back from the 7:30 Full STH select a seat.  Wow... There were a TON of available seats.  I was surprised how many lower-lower level options there were.  We ended up in lower level north section 113.  Looks like no obstructions and easy in/out on an aisle.  There were a lot of seats still available in the 300's as well.  Tonight there were only about 30 people being let in during our time slot.  They did mention tomorrow and Thursday they have 50-60 people per time slot starting at around 3pm until around 9pm both days.  The 26 game package was a very popular option due to the ASG.

Good luck to everyone that has not gotten their seats and see you all soon!

Here's a question:  Why dont they allow 26 game plans in sideline premier????  Call me crazy but if they could fill seats with Canes fans, why wouldnt they?  I get it if there was a wait list for ST's or they were having no problem selling lower bowl seats but they are having slow sales so why not sell as man seats as possible?    How many games did I go to last year where I paid my STH price for sideline premier but I was surrounded by opposing fans or people that paid some ridiculous promotional price?
They do, per website. We have MANY 26 game plan holder in our section 122. I don't think they let 26 games plan holders have seats in Center Ice Premier or 1st and 2nd row.

We have had 12 game pkg for 2 years now [was 26]. If we don't get the same seats or better, I am not renewing. These are club corner and expensive per ticket. Theres always EBay...

I would think they might lose a lot of full STH if they opened up Center Ice to mini plans.  I'm sure there are a lot of people who want to sit there and would take advantage of the opportunity to downgrade to less of a commitment if they can retain their preferred section.  But right now it is marketed as "if you want the best, you have to commit".  All premium seating is available only to full STH, that is their marketing strategy and the way it has been since I can remember.  Center Ice always seems to be pretty full come game time, they may not have as many full STH as they would like but it appears they get a lot of single game sales.  I believe all of those cheap promos that are offered are not available for Center Ice seats either so they must be selling decently at regular prices or they just want to retain the exclusivity of those seats.

I don't have an issue with discount promotions, getting people in the door is the way fans are born and this team needs more fans.  For every person that sits near me who paid a lot less that I did for those selected promo games,  there are more fans at other games that sit near me and paid a whole lot more.  I think the game week price for my seat is currently 45% higher than my locked in STH price.  If price is what is most important to you, then why get a plan at all?  Just take advanage of the discount offers like many people do.  It's a smart way to see a lot of hockey games for a reasonable price.  For me, I like the additional perks.  I think it is easy to forget just how hard it was to get a ticket to the Stanley Cup finals if you were not a season ticket holder.  The extra money I paid for my tickets to a few promo games was well worth being in that building for game 7.  There are advantages and disadvantages for everything.  You just have to decide what works best for you and what disadvantages you can live with.

They may have lost 3 additional STH tonight.

I am out of town and I sent a proxy, a gentleman who sits near me, to buy my tickets. I had arranged this in advance with my proxy and Karen Prince, who noted it would be no problem.

My daughter and I sit side by side, me with a 26 and her with a 12 game. The gentleman who was my proxy sits in the next seat over from my daughter. They would not allow him to buy my tickets (which are the same seats a last season) because there was a gap between the two 26 game packs.

Keep in mind that my proxy and I are not related, not on the same account, and do not go to the same games every year. Last season I had a full season and a 12 game pack and he had a 26 gamer. No genealogical or financial relationship between the two, save for this transaction. 

They would not allow him to buy the tickets. I am baffled as to why.

I am out of town and I sent a proxy, a gentleman who sits near me, to buy my tickets. I had arranged this in advance with my proxy and Karen Prince, who noted it would be no problem.

My daughter and I sit side by side, me with a 26 and her with a 12 game. The gentleman who was my proxy sits in the next seat over from my daughter. They would not allow him to buy my tickets (which are the same seats a last season) because there was a gap between the two 26 game packs.

Keep in mind that my proxy and I are not related, not on the same account, and do not go to the same games every year. Last season I had a full season and a 12 game pack and he had a 26 gamer. No genealogical or financial relationship between the two, save for this transaction. 

That is not good news. Karen was there Monday night, and I'd assume she'd be there tonight as well. There are many STH who use proxies in the manner you describe. Like my hockey buddy and friend, who is not on my account, but sits next to me. I generally am always her proxy. Never a problem. Please send an email to Karen, she always comes through whenever I've needed her to.

Let us know what happens.

When you say "gap" are you talking about an empty seat between the two 26 game plan seat that you wanted to save for the 12 game plan seat?  They reinstated the rule this year where they would  not allow you to pick seats that left a "single" seat by itself. 

[quote name='Faceoff-ch1 wrote:

karpa-ch1']They may have lost 3 additional STH tonight.

When you say "gap" are you talking about an empty seat between the two 26 game plan seat that you wanted to save for the 12 game plan seat?  They reinstated the rule this year where they would  not allow you to pick seats that left a "single" seat by itself. 

Say I have seat 13, my daughter had 14 and another season ticket holder has 15, and two more STH have 16 and 17, and on and on potentially. Yes, my daughter will have a 12 game between two 26 game plans.

I guess I am not sure how that is within my control.

If you have a full season and sit next to my daughter who has a 12 game plan, who sits beside me who has a 26 game plan, what do we do? Am I forced to sit next to you? I don't know you. I guess I don't follow the logic of forcing people with no connection to sit next to each other.

The reason that I get the seat I get is as follows:

My seat is in the upper bowl and is the left most (facing the ice) seat behind an entrance to the upper bowl (concrete over an entrance). My daughter sits to my right, allowing for her to have a barrier in front of her, rather than several rows of seats. She jumps and cheers and that is safer, in my opinion for her.

It appears that if I had not had a proxy go for me, I never would have been questioned.

"I want this seat for a 26 game plan. It is the same seat I had last year."

"Alright, sir, follow me downstairs to sign paperwork."

FF a week or so.

"I want the seat next to me for a 12 game plan. It is the same seat my daughter had last year."

"No problem sir."

I don't understand why a proxy was not allowed to complete this transaction to renew the same seats I had from the prior year.

How did you get a specific 12 game seat at any point? I was told that wasn't allowed.

I worked it out with my ticket rep last year. I don't recall it being a problem.

I just requested the seat next to mine and was given the seat.

Say I have seat 13, my daughter had 14 and another season ticket holder has 15, and two more STH have 16 and 17, and on and on potentially. Yes, my daughter will have a 12 game between two 26 game plans.

If you have a full season and sit next to my daughter who has a 12 game plan, who sits beside me who has a 26 game plan, what do we do? Am I forced to sit next to you? I don't know you. I guess I don't follow the logic of forcing people with no connection to sit next to each other.

My seat is in the upper bowl and is the left most (facing the ice) seat behind an entrance to the upper bowl (concrete over an entrance). My daughter sits to my right, allowing for her to have a barrier in front of her, rather than several rows of seats. She jumps and cheers and that is safer, in my opinion for her.

It appears that if I had not had a proxy go for me, I never would have been questioned.

FF a week or so.

"I want the seat next to me for a 12 game plan. It is the same seat my daughter had last year."

"No problem sir."

I don't understand why a proxy was not allowed to complete this transaction to renew the same seats I had from the prior year.

Only full season ticket holders get the benefit of a guarantee of keeping their seats every year.  That is one of the biggest benefits of making that commitment to the team.  26 game plan holders get to select their seats but must reselect their seats every year.  12 game plan holders do not get to select their specific seats at all during SAS.  If you get to sit in the same seats every year you are lucky because a full STH or another 26 game plan holder did not select those seats before you arrived.  If a 12 game plan holder is able to keep their seat in back to back years they are very lucky.

I don't think sending a proxy was the issue.  The issue is he was trying to secure seats which left one seat open which is against the rules.  Since he was doing it all at once it was obvious that one seat was left open by itself.  One of you would have had the problem if both of you had gone and you had not sent a proxy.  Most likely who ever secured their seat first would have been allowed to purchase it because there would have been two empty seats next to it but when the other arrived to secure their seat it would not have been allowed because the selection of that second seat in the 26 game plan still would have left one seat open by itself - the one you wanted for your daughter.  If you two went together, I would bet you would have had the same result.  From what I heard, they were very strict with the one seat rule - with everyone, not just you.

That rule of not allowing a single seat to remain has come and gone.  Some years they enforce it, some years they lift it.  Perhaps it was not in effect last year when you selected your seat or perhaps there were more open seats in that row than there was this year.    I remember how frustrated I was the first time I went to SAS.  I wanted two seats and there were several trios of seats that I wanted but they would not allow me to take them unless I was buying all three, taking just two left one seat open.   I can see the teams point of the rule though, single seats don't sell very well.  Their goal is to sell as many seats as possible and having a bunch of singles open everywhere works against their goals.  Yeah your  daughter would have taken that seat but only for 12 games and most likely that seat would have been empty for most of the other 28 games.

I'm sure if you call Karen something can be worked out.  I think your best bet is to work with the Canes ahead of SAS and ask about the options in your situation.  Even if you were allowed to get that seat yesterday, what would you do if a 26 game plan holder took that empty seat at SAS tonight?  Some people do buy single seats -  I am one of them.  It seems you need to lock in two seats at the same time, I am sure there are ways to accomplish it.  Your ticket rep helped you the last time and I'm sure they will again.  The people working at the RBC are just following the rules given to them.  Your rep is the one with the power to over ride.

[quote name='Faceoff-ch1 wrote:

karpa-ch1']Say I have seat 13, my daughter had 14 and another season ticket holder has 15, and two more STH have 16 and 17, and on and on potentially. Yes, my daughter will have a 12 game between two 26 game plans.

FF a week or so.

"No problem sir."

I don't understand why a proxy was not allowed to complete this transaction to
renew the same seats I had from the prior year.

Only full season ticket holders get the benefit of a guarantee of keeping their seats every year.  That is one of the biggest benefits of making that commitment to the team.  26 game plan holders get to select their seats but must reselect their seats every year.  12 game plan holders do not get to select their specific seats at all during SAS.  If you get to sit in the same seats every year you are lucky because a full STH or another 26 game plan holder did not select those seats before you arrived.  If a 12 game plan holder is able to keep their seat in back to back years they are very lucky.

I don't think sending a proxy was the issue.  The issue is he was trying to secure seats which left one seat open which is against the rules.  Since he was doing it all at once it was obvious that one seat was left open by itself.  One of you would have had the problem if both of you had gone and you had not sent a proxy.  Most likely who ever secured their seat first would have been allowed to purchase it because there would have been two empty seats next to it but when the other arrived to secure their seat it would not have been allowed because the selection of that second seat in the 26 game plan still would have left one seat open by itself - the one you wanted for your daughter.  If you two went together, I would bet you would have had the same result.  From what I heard, they were very strict with the one seat rule - with everyone, not just you.

That rule of not allowing a single seat to remain has come and gone.  Some years they enforce it, some years they lift it.  Perhaps it was not in effect last year when you selected your seat or perhaps there were more open seats in that row than there was this year.    I remember how frustrated I was the first time I went to SAS.  I wanted two seats and there were several trios of seats that I wanted but they would not allow me to take them unless I was buying all three, taking just two left one seat open.   I can see the teams point of the rule though, single seats don't sell very well.  Their goal is to sell as many seats as possible and having a bunch of singles open everywhere works against their goals.  Yeah your  daughter would have taken that seat but only for 12 games and most likely that seat would have been empty for most of the other 28 games.

I'm sure if you call Karen something can be worked out.  If those seats are no longer available, I'm sure you can understand that priority must be given to two 26 game plan holders over a 26 and a 12. 

If you get to sit in the same seats every year you are lucky because a full STH or another 26 game plan holder did not select those seats before you arrived.  If a 12 game plan holder is able to keep their seat in back to back years they are very lucky.

I'm sure if you call Karen something can be worked out.  I think your best bet is to work with the Canes ahead of SAS and ask about the options in your situation.  Even if you were allowed to get that seat yesterday, what would you do if a 26 game plan holder took that empty seat at SAS tonight?  Some people do buy single seats -  I am one of them.  It seems you need to lock in two seats at the same time, I am sure there are ways to accomplish it.  Your ticket rep helped you the last time and I'm sure they will again.  The people working at the RBC are just following the rules given to them.  Your rep is the one with the power to over ride.

I do realize that we get lucky with getting the same seats. I hold my breathe each year until SAS hoping we don't have to move. For the past 9 season we have been able to get what we needed. (The years I was a full STH really made life easy.)

I will see what Karen says. She has yet to contact me back.

To your point about if another 26 gamer jumped on my daughter's seat is something I possibly would have to deal with, but for the last several years it has not come up. Like I said, we have been lucky.

I did my first select a seat tonight.  I have appreciated everyone's posts this week telling about what sections still looked available and how it was going so I could get an idea of what might be left.  So, let me give a last night report.  Even though I was in the 6:30 group on the last evening of the SAS, I was still able to get 2 seats in Row J of the Lower Level South Side.  I am very excited.  Last year I had the 12 game plan in Row Q of Section 110 on the north side.  When we decided to move to the South Side we never thought we could get nearly as close as Row J!  Can't wait for October.

Overall it looked like the upper sections were selling good, but from what I saw over the 1 1/2 hours we were there, not much activity was going on in the lower levels, and certainly not on the South Side.

My girlfriend and I upgraded from the 12 game plan last year (first year of having tickets) to a 26 game plan this year.  My girlfriend and I were at Select A Seat on Thursday and got tickets in Section 124 Row J.  While we were there, a little early, the usher also showed us 2 seats that were still available in the 2nd row of 124.  We had a brief moment of temporary insanity of buying those full season tickets in the 2nd row, but then we came back down to earth.  Well, long story short, the temporary insanity returned yesterday afternoon.  I called and the two seats in the 2nd row were still available and I upgraded to them.  We are so excited.  The kids are excited.  99 days and counting until the puck drops! 

I know exactly where those seats are - a friend of mine had them and gave them up 2 years ago and I noticed they remained available ever since. I sat there with him there for many games and they are, in my opinion, one of the best locations on the LL, you can see everything.  There really are no blind spots and you will see a lot of hard hits in front of your nose.  Opposing teams goalies sit right next to those seats so you may have the opportunity to have a few conversations. 

A nice benefit of having those seats is you can go anywhere in the arena.  You can go up to the club level bar to drink and down behind the Canes bench for warm-ups.  (you can't do that with those seats in row J 124.   Anyone with seats in 1st or 2nd row can go anywhere, except for the Champions Club.

My girlfriend and I upgraded from the 12 game plan last year (first year of having tickets) to a 26 game plan this year.  My girlfriend and I were at Select A Seat on Thursday and got tickets in Section 124 Row J.  While we were there, a little early, the usher also showed us 2 seats that were still available in the 2nd row of 124.  We had a brief moment of temporary insanity of buying those full season tickets in the 2nd row, but then we came back down to earth.  Well, long story short, the temporary insanity returned yesterday afternoon.  I called and the two seats in the 2nd row were still available and I upgraded to them.  We are so excited.  The kids are excited.  99 days and counting until the puck drops! 
Yes, we looked at those seats too.