The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

Draft Predictions Please.

[quote name='rocheccw wrote:

Sutter16']Not sure why you don't like Granlund, the only knock people have are his size, which obviously wasn't an issue in the Finnish Elite League last year and, as management has said, won't be an issue in the NHL...He will be an amazing player wherever he goes.

Your two trades are completely unrealistic, neither team would give up a late 1st round only to move up 5 spots.  JR has also made it clear that we are staying at 7. 

I not saying that Granlund wouldn't be a great player. I just don't have him in my top 10, but I'm no NHL scout. My list is just based on reports that I have read. And yes it is his size that I don't like. We already have a lot of small players on the roster or in the system. If we pick him I hope he turns out to be the best Finnish player ever to play in the NHL.pimp.gif

I guess I'm just bummed because I really like Nino, but I will pull for whoever the Canes pick. I'm small, so you would think I would be pulling for a player like Granlund.

I agree about Granlund. He might be a great player, but we're loaded with dudes around 5'10", 180 lbs. We REALLY REALLY don't need another one of these guys. Please JR, don't do it.

By the All Star break this season, there will be a lot of frustrated GMs, wondering why they did what they did. I'm sure many are used to it after having it happen each year. But I think people are going to regret passing over Connelly. A guy goes from being a can't miss top 2 pick to MAYBE a top 10 pick because he was hurt? Injuries happen in the NHL. A lot of players heal and never miss a beat. I find it hard to believe that JR would be so ignorant as to think there's no way he wants a guy who was once injured....a guy who was a can't miss prospect a year ago. 
Especially when you consider we picked up Ruutu despite his injury history (as one example). Now, given this past season and the number of games we missed due to injury, I can see JR being a little gun shy about injury histories.

I think the Canes will want Johansen, but I think he will go around pick 5. I wouldn't be surprised to see us grab Skinner to be honest.. Although, I don't really like the idea of taking a Center.. but thats just me. Therefore, I think the Canes are going to pass on both Niederreiter and Connolly. While I like Skinner, I hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: Sorry - One source I have says he is a Center, another says he is a RW...so i'm not sure what he is. But I read a few articles that said Skinner probably has the best hands and is the purest scorer of anyone in this draft class. Here is a link also stating that...

What do I win?   smile.gif

[quote name='jeromeo87 wrote:

jeromeo87']I think the Canes will want Johansen, but I think he will go around pick 5. I wouldn't be surprised to see us grab Skinner to be honest.. Although, I don't really like the idea of taking a Center.. but thats just me. Therefore, I think the Canes are going to pass on both Niederreiter and Connolly. While I like Skinner, I hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: Sorry - One source I have says he is a Center, another says he is a RW...so i'm not sure what he is. But I read a few articles that said Skinner probably has the best hands and is the purest scorer of anyone in this draft class. Here is a link also stating that...

Nice work. I surely didn't see it coming. Your prize is in the mail. laugh.gif

[quote name='jeromeo87 wrote:

jeromeo87']I think the Canes will want Johansen, but I think he will go around pick 5. I wouldn't be surprised to see us grab Skinner to be honest.. Although, I don't really like the idea of taking a Center.. but thats just me. Therefore, I think the Canes are going to pass on both Niederreiter and Connolly. While I like Skinner, I hope I'm wrong.

I'll be sending you my Erik Gudbranson bobblehead.

C McFarland stock continues to fall

Faulk is a hard shot D man that fell out of the 1st round

A dman may be a reach at 46. 3 dmen could be available at 53. Beukeboom, Leduc, and Holl could be there.

I say 2nd round is either Ross/Petrovic

If Johns falls to 46 then grab him. A steal there

Buekeboom would be my pick at 53 as he has more experience but Ludec would be number 2 (an O dman type)