The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

2010 Prospect Conditioning Camp / July 7-10

tara.jpg

The prospects at Harris Teeter learning good nutrition from Tara Wind (nutritionist/personal trainer/triathlete from Lifetime Fitness in Cary).

No shortage of coaches on the ice today for day #1: 

Ron Francis, Tom Barrasso, Glen Wesley, Jeff Daniels and the newest coach....Rod Brind'Amour

brindyonice.jpg

Here is a few more pics from today's camp.  Lighting was poor so photos are not the best quality.  I hope it's OK to post these here.

Skinner:

4772489359_4fc727469c.jpg

Skinner & Nash:

4773139124_d54772e591.jpg

Jared Staal:

4773127206_98ab22c7e5.jpg

Austin Levi

4773170430_b2da7be8d5.jpg

4773126130_41724b80bd.jpg    4772499183_af5199ab17.jpg

4772498235_891c7d9359.jpg

Michal Jordan:

4772498603_1aebce33c8.jpg

Justin Faulk

4773136588_12a13b2a87.jpg

4773135806_cbb4ccc4dc.jpg

4773136224_129354c974.jpg

Great pictures, thanks for posting.  The Rec Zone is one of the worst rinks around town to take pictures in, you did good.

I know I've said this before, but living in Charlotte I'm very excited to see some of these guys at the Cable Box next year. Quick ?, is Riley Nash of any relation to Rick Nash? If so, giggity biggrin.gif

And because no one else has said it, I can't wait to see Michal Jordan on the Ice. I hope he's the hockey equilivant of a certain basketball player with the same namewink.gif. Soon, all the kids will be wearing Ice Jordanssmokin.gif

I know I've said this before, but living in Charlotte I'm very excited to see some of these guys at the Cable Box next year. Quick ?, is Riley Nash of any relation to Rick Nash? If so, giggity biggrin.gif

And because no one else has said it, I can't wait to see Michal Jordan on the Ice. I hope he's the hockey equilivant of a certain basketball player with the same namewink.gif. Soon, all the kids will be wearing Ice Jordanssmokin.gif

They are cousins.

[quote name='CaniacKidd wrote:

captain_jack88']I know I've said this before, but living in Charlotte I'm very excited to see some of these guys at the Cable Box next year. Quick ?, is Riley Nash of any relation to Rick Nash? If so, giggity
biggrin.gif

And because no one else has said it, I can't wait to see Michal Jordan on the Ice. I hope he's the hockey equilivant of a certain basketball player with the same name
wink.gif
. Soon, all the kids will be wearing Ice Jordans
smokin.gif

They are cousins.

The Nashes - not the Jordans roll.gif

4 days of "conditioning". I hope these kids realize this is really an audition! wink.gif

Isn't this camp purely about finding out which guy will skate through walls if the coach tells him to?

A lot of these guys won't be called back for the real training camp, based on what happens over the 4 day camp.

Wasn't able to make it...so did anyone stand out as a fast skater? Skilled skater? Sniper?

Chip from the N&O talks about the decision facing Riley Nash, the player we traded for from Edmonton.

Nash has a decision to make, and soon  

Video clips from WRAL:

Quantcast    Canes rookies get a crash course on diet
Canes rookies get a crash course on diet
Part of being a top tier athlete is proper diet and for the new batch of Canes rookies, they get schooled on what is good and what to avoid.
Extended interview:  Jeff Skinner
Extended interview: Jeff Skinner
The Canes 2010 first round draft pick discusses his old figure skating career and how that helps him as a hockey player.

Extended interview:  Jared Staal
Extended interview: Jared Staal
The youngest Staal brother talks about his early impressions of the Hurricanes organization and how his last name can both hurt and help him.

Extended interview: Ron Francis
Extended interview: Ron Francis
The Canes associate head coach evaluates the prospects at camp and talks about Rod Brind'Amour's transition in the front office.

[quote name='jeromeo87 wrote:

TSA']Chip from the N&O talks about the decision facing Riley Nash, the player we traded for from Edmonton.

From this article, it kinda sounds like Francis believes Nash can make the time this year..

From what I saw yesterday, he definitely stood out against the other prospects. Pretty small sample size but I was impressed.   

from the pics of Brindy, I would love to know what was going through his mind as he was watching the "young 'ens" go through their paces

Rumor has it that a Conn Smythe winner will be in net today at conditioning camp....  per Mike Sundheim. smile.gif

So somehow I thought that said recent Conn Smyth winner, and for a second wondered why we would want to put Towes in net, at our prospect camp. embarassed.gif

[quote name='CaniacKidd wrote:

captain_jack88']I know I've said this before, but living in Charlotte I'm very excited to see some of these guys at the Cable Box next year. Quick ?, is Riley Nash of any relation to Rick Nash? If so, giggity
biggrin.gif

And because no one else has said it, I can't wait to see Michal Jordan on the Ice. I hope he's the hockey equilivant of a certain basketball player with the same name
wink.gif
smokin.gif

They are cousins.

Thanks.

So we've got one one Eric's brothers, a kid named after a famous Basketball player (yeah I know it's probably a coincidence but stillpimp.gif), a cousin of Rick Nash, and others along with other youngins like Skinner, Boychuk, and Dalpe. Some exciting times for the franchise for sure.

Faceoff, what kind of camera/lens did you use in taking those photos?  Or was it a point and click camera?  I just got a new DSLR and want some info on taking some pics when we goto games this season.  They looked nice btw.

[quote name='captain_jack88 wrote:

CaniacKidd wrote:

biggrin.gif

wink.gif
smokin.gif

They are cousins.

Thanks.

So we've got one one Eric's brothers, a kid named after a famous Basketball player (yeah I know it's probably a coincidence but stillpimp.gif), a cousin of Rick Nash, and others along with other youngins like Skinner, Boychuk, and Dalpe. Some exciting times for the franchise for sure.

Don't forget we have a Sutter too.

[quote name='10DollarTH wrote:

jeromeo87 wrote:

TSA']Chip from the N&O talks about the decision facing Riley Nash, the player we traded for from Edmonton.

From this article, it kinda sounds like Francis believes Nash can make the time this year..

From what I saw yesterday, he definitely stood out against the other prospects. Pretty small sample size but I was impressed.   I'm assuming if he has a decision to make that the Canes are only offering a two-way deal? In that case he's probably gone. But then why trade a second rounder for him? Any way they'd offer him a one way. He is 21. At least he's not a teenager. If he's that good, maybe roll the dice and lock up a former first rounder.

Worst case scenario we could trade him or waive him?

Clearly I would like to see a proven third line center, but if he's good enough...

I guess to know we'd have to see him in training camp against higher level competition. But by then he'll be back at Cornell. The Canes could still try to get him during the year? When do they lose his rights? So many questions with this one.