The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
TSA

CANES MEDIA ALERTS

Per Mike Sundheim:

Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford will talk Europe and more on @NHLLive (@XMHomeIce on Wednesday at 1 p.m

Congrats to Canes RW Patrick Dwyer and his wife, Ashley, on the birth their daughter, Lillian Kimberley, Monday @ 4:45 pm

From the Triangle Business Journal: (Premium article preview only)

A chat with the Canes' boss

A Chat with Canes’ boss

Triangle Business Journal - by Chris Baysden

Date: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 2:09pm EDT

Related:

• Jim%20Rutherford1*280.jpg?v=1
  • photo by Dathan Kazsuk Jim and Leslie Rutherford enjoy a game of kids’ hockey with son James.
  • Jim%20Rutherford2*280.jpg?v=1
  • photo by Dathan Kazsuk Jim Rutherford at home with wife Leslie and son James.

With the new National Hockey League season just under way, Triangle Business Journal Staff Writer Chris Baysden visited Carolina Hurricanes General Manager Jim Rutherford; his wife, Leslie, and 3-year-old son James at their home in Raleigh. After giving James a chance to show off his budding athletic skills, Rutherford sat down on the porch to talk about world traveling, fatherhood and the local hockey team. Here is a transcript of the conversation, edited for length.

TBJ: How was Russia?

Rutherford: The Russian-Finland trip was great. The Russians were great hosts. They showed us all the nice parts of St. Petersburg, ...

And from ESPN, Scott Burnside giving the Canes some love via Twitter:

Carolina remains model sunbelt franchise. Draft well, don't blow brains out on free agents and every year or two reward fans with deep run.

Media alerts for today

Chad LaRose is on G105 right now

showgram.jpg?1282826150147

Cam Ward will be on 99TheFan @ 4pm

Jussi Jokinen will be on Mix 101.5 Tues morning @ 8am

If you missed Chad LaRose, here you go:

Guy Behind the Guy: Media Blitz '10

Monday, 10.25.2010 / 9:20 AM / Blog By Mike Sundheim It’s (finally!) time for the annual “media blitz” promoting our home opener in Raleigh. Here’s the tentative schedule, with a few additions and changes still possible: sundheim_mike_headshot.jpg Mike Sundheim Index | Archive Monday, 10/25

Tuesday, 10/26

I’ll try to adjust this schedule if anything is updated or changes as we hit the next few days. I hope you are all as ready for Canes regular-season hockey at the RBC Center as we are.

Follow Mike on Twitter at http://twitter.com/mikesundheim

I hope you can get links to most of the coverage, because navigating through those radio station's web pages, my head is about to explode in what can only be described as what a migraine would look like if it were HTML code. :hairpull:

I hope you can get links to most of the coverage, because navigating through those radio station's web pages, my head is about to explode in what can only be described as what a migraine would look like if it were HTML code. :hairpull:

So far Mike Sundheim has been able to get the links. If he sends them, they'll be posted.;)

Reminder for today's alerts:

Tuesday, 10/26

ckfu.jpg

*keep checking for time confirmation of Jeff Skinner's and Tim Gleason's interviews today

And if you didn't already see this posted earlier.....

Join Ron the Ref and Zac Dalpe tonight at 6:30 for the 2010 Carolina Ale House "Wing Fling" in North Raleigh. http://carhur.com/bj7

Late addition:

Jeff Skinner will join @NHLLive on NHL.com, NHL Network & XM 's NHL Home Ice at 1:20 p.m. today

183200579.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1288113044&Signature=wUg5alDfu5LaVikUcbvfmrJ57bc%3D

Jeff Skinner w/ WRAL's Jeff Gravely for a piece to air in Wed's 6 pm newscast

Video of Erik Cole on FOX 50: http://bit.ly/cJ0IUw

Brandon Sutter on The Insiders for two segments on 620 The Buzz - Click here for audio.

Jeff Skinner on NHL Live on the NHL Network, NHL.com and XM Home Ice - click here for audio.

WRAL.com posted extended interviews:

Eric Staal (video)

Cam Ward (video)

Brandon Sutter (video)

Paul Maurice (video).

*others will be posted as they become available

Tuomo Ruutu on News14Carolina

Wednesday, 10/27

• Erik Cole will be on XM Home Ice 'Hockey this Morning' @ 8:45am
  • Paul Maurice is scheduled to do a live hit with Jeff Gravely on WRAL at 5:45 p.m.
  • Jeff Skinner will be featured in a sit-down interview with WRAL-TV which will air Wednesday during the 6 p.m. newscast

From one of the NHL.com writers covering the All Star game:

Staal hoping for All-Star hometown greeting

Full article here

"I know having played in previous All-Star Games and playing in those cities, how the fans get behind their own player. I want that to happen for me here; that would be a lot of fun." -- Eric Staal

Media Links for 11/14:

Jim Rutherford on Team 990 in Montreal

http://www.team990.c..._audio_clips/1/

Rod Brind'Amour to join UNC radio b'cast at halftime. Rod's father-in-law coaches Heels' opponent, UNC Asheville.