The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Official Countdown Clock to the 2010-11 season

I'm moving down to Chapel Hill prior to the upcoming season! Hoping to get to see some Hurricane games!! Really excited... I'll cheer for the canes...except when they are playing the Leafs banana.gif
Welcome!  Glad you've come to join us.

Bring down some cool weather with you, will ya please?

Does the clock count down to opening night in Helsinki or Raleigh ?  Helsinki's my first game.  Made the final payment to AAA this afternoon.  Can't wait for some cool weather, even if I have to go near the Arctic Circle.

I wish I never clicked that link I never full recognized there were STILL 2.5 months to go. I feel like I haven't seen a Canes game in forever.

I prefer to use the first Preseason Game for my countdown, it makes it come so much faster!!!

Customized Counter

Time until Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 7:00:00 PM (Raleigh time)

60   days

I prefer to use the first Preseason Game for my countdown, it makes it come so much faster!!!

Customized Counter

Time until Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 7:00:00 PM (Raleigh time)

60   days

Im with you on that. I'll settle for a preseason game..... hell, I'll even settle for training camp.

Does the clock count down to opening night in Helsinki or Raleigh ?  Helsinki's my first game.  Made the final payment to AAA this afternoon.  Can't wait for some cool weather, even if I have to go near the Arctic Circle.

Its for Oct. 7th, opening day for the 2010-11 season in Helsinki against Matt Cullen and the Wild.  I hope you post some pictures for everyone when you return smile.gif

[quote name='wxray1 wrote:

Maplers']I'm moving down to Chapel Hill prior to the upcoming season! Hoping to get to see some Hurricane games!! Really excited... I'll cheer for the canes...except when they are playing the Leafs
banana.gif

Welcome!  Glad you've come to join us.

Bring down some cool weather with you, will ya please?

I'll try...*LOL*  We are getting some nice weather here....it's warm but minus the humidity which is great... Humidity sucks...

TSA, we'll be taking many pictures.  You may have to walk me through the process of posting them here.  Mapler, downtown Chapel Hill is just over 20 miles from the arena via I-40.  This is the main road that connects all the cities of the Triangle and goes through RTP, so it can get quite busy.  Rush hour is 30 miles of stop and creep.  Off hours are 65 mph all the way.  Excuse me, that's 105 kph for you metrically inclined.

I know this is slightly off topic but if you dislike humidity, well, then welcome the the pits happy.gif

This Sunday:

"highs approaching 102-103 degrees across the region. Factoring in the humidity we are talking about a heat index value closing in on 115 degrees" - from wral.com

Regarding the clock, we should have a 12 days of hockey thing for the count down, only have it for 60 days, each day with something awesome canes related like some footage or some rare factoid. I am pulling my hair out more then my little ichi jr is with hockey fervor.

How long? Tooooooo long .... was listening to 99.9 fm the Fan today , they were asking where does NFL fit into to your top sports watching. There was massive debate on college basketball or football v nfl ... but it was amazing and wonderful the folks that listed top 4/5 ... in almost every case and frequently without thinking too hard ... Canes were there..... 3 or 4 .....

Interesting and supports what we know from flags and decals in the triangle.

Was chatting to my son (9) today and was explaining the term "Southern hockey" and said I really believe that there is a negative attitude to "southern expansion teams" EXCEPT us. I really believe that our record and our fans have lifted us to being "worthy" of proper consideration by traditional fans ..... I just hope that the Canes can play well this year with the all-star game. I know that everything All star related will sell out. I know every player who comes will say how fantastic the support here is (and it will be) ... but it would be lovely to hear all that when our team is competing - right up there and destined for the playoffs. We love hockey, we get hockey and btw we are pretty darn good too .......fingers crossed.

I know this is slightly off topic but if you dislike humidity, well, then welcome the the pits happy.gif

This Sunday:

"highs approaching 102-103 degrees across the region. Factoring in the humidity we are talking about a heat index value closing in on 115 degrees" - from wral.com

Regarding the clock, we should have a 12 days of hockey thing for the count down, only have it for 60 days, each day with something awesome canes related like some footage or some rare factoid. I am pulling my hair out more then my little ichi jr is with hockey fervor.

I'll play,  lets see if we can come up with one for each day to pass the time. smile.gif

70 Days till opening day:

70 = the total # of points Eric Staal had for the 2009-10 season.

69 days left till opening day:

69 = The total number of regular season points (18g, 51a) Niclas Wallin scored to rank him eighth all-time in scoring among defensemen in a Hurricanes uniform. He ranks second among all Carolina players with 69 playoff games played.

Now that we have re-signed Joe Corvo he has totaled 68 goals,  in 486 career games with Los Angeles, Ottawa, Carolina and Washington.

Welcome back to the good guys Joe.

67 Days Left to Opening Day.  Justin Williams put up 67 points the year after the Cup.  Yes folks, Justin Williams played in 82 games that year and scored 33 goals with 34 assists.  Seems like a long time ago.

PS..I know I'm early but I got bored and found this thread.  Cool, and I'll continue to post. Who started this?  Bueller....Bueller  

RBC center has 67% health violations, http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/topic/17137

Danny Biega was selected 67th overall in the 2010 draft.

also, in the 67th game of the 09/10 season the Canes beat the Pens in OT behind a spectacular performance by Justin Peters. One of my favorite games from last year. http://hurricanes.nhl.com.../recap.htm?id=2009020993

Haha, I was wondering if this one would be 67.  laugh.gif

66 days left till opening day

66 = the number of games Ray Whitney played in the 2007-08 season.

(66 was a tough one to find anything ph34r.gif)

65 is the number of assists Mike Rogers had for the Hartford Whalers in 1980 when he tied his own record for the most points in a single season in franchise history (105, a record that still stands).