The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Official Countdown Clock to the 2010-11 season

[quote name='TSA wrote:

10DollarTH']RBC center has 67% health violations,

>

(66 was a tough one to find anything ph34r.gif)

lol I think some of these are gonna take some digging into.

65 is also the # of pts Jussi Jokien had this season.

65 is the number of assists Mike Rogers had for the Hartford Whalers in 1980 when he tied his own record for the most points in a single season in franchise history (105, a record that still stands).

Good one.  I think Hartford Whaler stats are fair game, we have a long way to go to get to Irbe.

64 days left till opening day ( a little early, I know)

64 = the the number of game Geoff Sanderson played his rookie year for the Hartford Whalers 1991-92.

He played half a season as a Hurricane when the franchise moved to NC before getting traded to Vancouver and ultimately ended up in Buffalo. ohmy.gif

In his one season in the USHL, Cole scored a total of 64 points.

In his one season in the IHL, Samsonov scored a total of 64 points.

Jokinen missed 64 shots last season.

Whitney had 64 take-aways last season.

Wesley played 64 games in the '05-'06 regular season.

It took 64 seconds for Boston to score three shorthanded goals...

And even though I missed it...

Jokinen has a career high of 65 points in a season.

LaRose has a total of 65 assists in his career.

Samsonov has a total of 65 assists as a Hurricane.

must. have. hockey. in. serious. withdrawal.gunhead.gif

I feel like a person trying to kick an addiction. I drive by the RBC Center on my way home from work every day and I just look at it and smile and think "HOCKEY STARTS SOON!"

ok I will go back to sitting in the corner, rocking back and fourth with my arms wrapped around my legs......... must. have. hockey........... Aarrg.gifth_shakeshead.gifhelp.gif

Number of shots-on-goal Anton Babchuk had in the 2006-2007 season (with 2 goals).  The next season he played with the Hurricanes he doubled that number (127, 16 goals).  You don't have to be Gretzky to realize that more shots-on-goal equals more goals... Babs.  Hit some people and prove the haters wrong in '10-11.

antonbabchuk-themilliondollarman.png

must. have. hockey. in. serious. withdrawal.gunhead.gif

I feel like a person trying to kick an addiction. I drive by the RBC Center on my way home from work every day and I just look at it and smile and think "HOCKEY STARTS SOON!"

ok I will go back to sitting in the corner, rocking back and fourth with my arms wrapped around my legs......... must. have. hockey........... Aarrg.gifth_shakeshead.gifhelp.gif

Join the club.  It's like Caniacs Anonymous, except we want to feed the addiction, not kick it.pimp.gif

62 days left till opening day

#62 =  The number of games Sean Hill played in the 1999-2000 season

image.php?productid=20716

(Yes I know I'm reaching here)

In 2010 Number 60 Goaltender Justin Peters earned his first NHL win in his very first start and the Carolina Hurricanes defeated the New York Islanders 3-1

JustinPetersAction.jpg

(this is getting tough)

Tim Conboy had a total of 60 penalty minutes in his first year as a Hurricane.

Rod Brind'Amour has a total of 60 playoff assists in his career.

Good find!

59 days till opening day

Ok, this one is easy smile.gif

59 = #59 Chad LaRose

YouTubes originally posted by GoCanes91

The fifty eighth game of the season is versus the Devils in New Jersey on Wednesday February 16th, 2011 - the day Tuomo Ruutu turns 28.

New+Jersey+Devils+v+Carolina+Hurricanes+0h9fwnSLNp7l.jpg

ON THE 56TH DAY OF 2011 THE HURRICANES WILL HOST THE pittsburgh penguins. ENDING A 4 GAME HOMESTAND AGAINST THE ATLANTIC DIVISION. DEFINITELY AN IMPORTANT STRETCH IN OUR PUSH FOR THE PLAYOFFS.

54 days until Opening Night.

While he only played a disappointing 54 games in 2009-10, our Helsinki ambassador Tuomo Ruutu had a career high 54 regular season points in 2008-09.

The OCD side of me couldn't allow us to miss 55....

Wearing number 55, Casey Borer played the final home game of the 2009-2010 season, as reward for his hard work from coming back from serious injuries in the Albany bus accident.  A sold out game, the Caniac nation witnessed the unofficial passing of the torch from Captain Rod Brind'Amour to the future face of the franchise and current captain Eric Staal.  It was not known then, but this was to be Rod's last NHL appearence and his warm reception during the starting line announcement will not be forgotten by those present.  And just as monumental was Staal's hat trick, sealing the win on a deep-running playoff bound team that would eventually defeat not only the Penguins but our hated division rival, Washington Captials.

... now back to your regularly scheduled number

53 day till opening night

John Grahame had 53 GA in the 2008-09 season where he played in only 17 games.  He went 5-7-1 with a 875% save percentage.

unsure.gif

Here's another one...

On 4/8/2010, Casey Borer wore the number 53 on his return to the Hurricanes roster after almost a two-year absence and recovery from a serious injury suffered in the Albany bus crash. Casey will be wearing number 55 next season as the number 53 will be worn by 2010 first round draft pick Jeff Skinner.